等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁金华十校学年高二英语第二学期期末考试试题
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
金华十校学年高二英语第二学期期末考试试题
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
金华十校学年高二英语第二学期期末考试试题
文章来源莲山 课件 w ww.5 YK J.COM 金华十校学年高二英语第二学期期末本分为第Ⅰ卷()和第Ⅱ卷(非)两部分。共150分,时间120分钟。请考生按规定用笔将所有的答案涂写在答题纸上。
第I卷(选择题,共100分)
第一部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分50分)第一节:单项填空(共20小题,每小题1分,满分20分)&从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1.―I’m sorry to keep you waiting for so long.I'll make short work of my lunch.―____.I’m not in a hurry.&A.Take it easy&&&&&&&& &&B.Take your time&&&& &&C.Not at all&&&&&&&&& &&D.Don't be nervous2.Monkeys in the zoo started to show the flu _____ last Monday and altogether twenty have died up to now.&A.symbol&& &&B.sign&&&&&&& &&C.signal&& &&D.symptom3.Since the forest has been destroyed by a big fire, a large ______ of trees ______ to be planted on the mountain.&A. has&&&&&&& &&B. has&&&&&& &&C. have&&&& &&&D. have4.―There is still a copy of the book in the library.Will you go and borrow _____?―No.I’d rather buy ______ in the bookstore.&A. one&&&& &&B. it&&&& &&C. one&&&&& &D. it5.1 didn't know ______ they got to know each other.&A.where was it&&&&&&& &&B.where it was&&&&&& &&C.where was it that&& &&&D.where it was that6.Though _____ in Germany, Henry was brought up in Jinhua by his aunt.&A.to be born&&&&&&&&& &&B.having been born&& &&C.being born&&&&&&&& &&D.born7.If there _____ an art exhibition in our city next week, our class _____ go and enjoy it.&A. would&&&&&& &&B.would be, will&&&&& &&C.were, will&&&&&&&&&& &&D.should be, would8.It is evident that success lies _____ ______ other words, hard work leads to success.&A. on&&&& &&B. in&&&&&&&& &C. in&&&& &&D. with9.Although money is important, not many people ______ the idea that money can bring happiness and health.&A.appeal to&&&&&& &&B.subscribe to& &&C.adapt to &&D.contribute to
10.George loves pop music very much but _____ classical music.&A.turns a deaf ear to&&&&&&&&&&& &&B.has a good nose for&C.turns his nose up at&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&D.puts his hands on11.Since the office building is being repaired and painted, we will have ______ offices in the hotel.&A.temporary&&&&&&&&& &&B.contemporary&&&&&& &C.professional&&&&&&& &&D.permanent12.This ______ my first lime standing in front of so many people, I can't help sweating.&A.being& &&B.is&&&&&& &&C.was&&&&& &&D.has been13._____ in the queue for half an hour, Tom suddenly realised that he had left his wallet at home.&A.To wait&&&&&&&&&&& &&B.Have waited&&&&&&& &&C.To have waited&&&& &&D.Having waited14._____ the absence of the manager, we were unable to decide on the date of the celebration.&A.In spite of&& &&B.On behalf of&& &&C.Due to&&&&&&&&&&&& &D.Regardless of15._____ I have a dream to become a singer,I don't have a gift for music.&A.As long as&&&&&&&& &B.Now that&&&&&&&&& &&C.Even though&&&&&& &D.In case16.If you smoke a cigarette every day, you will _____ become addicted to smoking.&A.deliberately&&&&&&&& &B.automatically&&&&&& &C.particularly&&&&&&&& &D.technically17.John was about to go back to sleep ______ suddenly his bedroom became as bright as day.&A.after&&&&& &B.when&&&&&&& &C.while&&&&&&&&& &D.until18.My money _____,so I must go to the bank to withdraw some of my savings before I have none in hand.&A.is running out&&&&& &B.is being run out&&& &&C.ran out&&&&&&&&&&& &D.has been run out of19._____ my advice, you would not be in such a terrible situation now.&A.Had you taken&&&& &B.If you take&&&&&&&& &&C.Should you take&&& &D.If you have taken20.For a moment nothing happened.Then _____ that the war was over.&A.came the news&&&& &B.the news came&&&& &&C.did the news come &&D.did come the news第二节 完型填空(共20小题;满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从21―40各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上涂黑。It was a cold winter's night when I stopped for gas on my way home from work.I was tired and had a slight&& 21& .I worked in a&& 22&& doctor's office and this was one of those days when the unexpected happened, making the schedule run&& 23&& than usual.It seemed I was going to be late&& 24&& home and my husband, being the&& 25&& person, would be ready to pronounce me late once again. Maybe& 26&& I hurried, I could still make it home.I was heading inside to&& 27&& for my gas when I noticed an older couple at the counter, I heard them asking for&& 28&& to the local hospital.It was the same hospital that I had just&& 29&& a few minutes ago.The young man at the counter was trying to be&& 30&& in explaining how to get there, with two other people making&& 31& .One of them was&& 32&& trying to give them a whole different route back.It was then that I walked over to the couple and said, "Would you like to follow me to the& 33&& ?"A look of& 34&& crossed the woman's face."I'm going right by there," I said, which wasn't a( an)&& 35&& since I had just made up my mind to do& 36&& that.I got in my car and began the journey back.I was trying to watch to be sure they were right& 37&& me.I took only fifteen minutes to get there as rush hour traffic was beginning to&& 38& .I felt better than I had all day and my headache was&& 39&& gone.Later, as I arrived home, my husband teased, "So you aren't ever late any more.""Sometimes it's& 40&& to be late," I said, happy inside my heart.21.A.cold&&&&&&&&& &B.fever&&&&&&&&& &C.stomachache& &D.headache22.A.foreign&&&&&&& &B.regular&&&&&&& &C.busy&&&&&&&& &D.noisy23.A.earlier&&&&&& &B.later&&&&&&&&& &C.easier&&&&&&& &D.simpler24.A.getting&&&&&&& &B.cooking&&&&&& &C.calling&& &D.working25.A.lazy&&&&&&&&&& &B.punctual&&&&&&&& &C.generous&&&&& &D.careful26.A.as&&&&&&&&&&& &B.since&&&&&&& &C.while&&&&&&&& &D.it27.A.pay&&&&&&&&&& &B.change&&&&&&&& &C.wait&&&&&&&& &D.search28.A.opinions&&&&& &B.trouble&&&&&& &C.directions&&&& &D.money29.A.reached&&&&&& &B.visited&&&&&&& &C.called&&&&&& &D.left30.A.skilled&&&&& &B.helpful&&&&&&&& &C.experienced&& &D.active31.A.comments&&&&& &B.promises&&&&&& &C.surveys&&&&&& &D.offers32.A.only&&&&&&&&& &B.still&&&&&&&&&&&& &C.even&&&&&&&& &D.ever33.A.station&&&&&&&& &B.office&&&&&&&& &C.hospital&&&&&& &D.hotel34.A.panic&&&&&&&&& &B.relief&&&&&& &C.sadness&&&&&&&& &D.peace35.A.duty&&&&&&&&& &B.fact&&&& &C.reason&&&&&&&&& &D.lie36.A.partly&&&&&&& &B.properly&&& &C.exactly&&&&&& &D.perfectly37.A.across&&&&&&&& &B.before&&&&&& &C.beside&&&&&&&& &D.behind38.A.go up&&&&& &B.die down&&&& &C.speed up&&&&&&&& &D.turn down39.A.nearly&&&&&&&& &B.hardly&&&&&&&& &C.possibly&&&&&& &D.luckily40.A.possible&& &B.special&&&&&&& &C.good&&&&&&&&&& &D.safe第二部分:阅读理解(共两节。第一节20小题,第二节5小题;每小题2分,满分50分)第一节 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。A&Four years ago my sweet mom went to be with her Lord.She did it her way.I got the call at work, and 1 headed home quickly.Mom and Dad lived on a small farm that they had owned since I was seven.I hated going there every weekend.There was nothing for a young girl to do but watch the one station on the old TV set, if the weather allowed reception.My mom, on the other hand, loved the peace and quiet of the land and loved to work in the garden among her flowers and vegetables.The place was rustic (乡下的), with no indoor heat.We had a big wood stove in the kitchen that did its best to heat the little farmhouse, but it always seemed cold and too quiet to me.In the evenings, my mom and I would sit for hours singing in the little kitchen.I sang the melody and Mom larmonized.Her favorite song was "Moon River" and we sang it over and over. Momtold me stones about how when I was a little girl, I could sing before I could talk.She loved to tell how my playpen (婴儿圈栏) sat in the kitchen next to the radio and there was one song I particularly loved called "Ivory Tower".As time passed, I had my own children and went to visit them every week or two.The kids loved the farm and the tractor rides with my dad.But I still hated the silence of the farm.While my mom loved to sit at her kitchen table and look out at her garden and flowers and retell all the old stories, I missed the hustle and bustle (喧闹) of my life at home.But I sat there listening quietly as she reminisced.Now, I sat back in the silence and the silence was deafening so I finally leaned over to turn on an old radio.Music always comforted me,My heart skipped a beat."Moon River" was playing on the radio.I sat there, with a tear running down my cheek, as I listened to every familiar note.Then the radio announcer of this old station came on." Here's one we haven't heard in a while," and an unfamiliar song began.I began to cry harder as I heard the words sung over the airwaves."C come down from your Ivory Tower…"41.The writer didn't like staying in the farm for the following reasons EXCEPT that ______.&A.it was too cold and quiet&B.she could only sing one song in the small farm&C.there was nothing more that could make her excited&D.The place was rustic, with no indoor heat42.From the First paragraph, we know that the writer's mother ______.&A.died four years ago&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &B.left the small farm with Lord&C.left for Lord to live her own way&&&& &D.preferred to be with Lord43.The underlined word reminisced in Paragraph 5 probably means ______.&A.recalled&&&& &B.comforted&& &C.shouted&&&& &D.sighed44.Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage _____.&A.The writer was able to dance before she could speak.&B.The writer preferred to live a quiet life in the country.&C.The writer was still quite familiar with the song "Ivory Tower",&D.The writer forgot all her childhood memories in the small farmhouse.45.Which of the following would be the best title for this passage?&A.Two English songs&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &B.My happy childhood&C.Our small farmhouse&&&&&&&&& &D.Mom's musicBEveryone gathered around and Paddy read out loud, slowly, his tone growing sadder and sadder. The little headline said: BOXER RECEIVES LIFF SENTENCE.Frank Cleary, aged 26, professional boxer, was today found guilty of the murder of Albert Gumming, aged 32, laborer, last July.The jury (陪审团) reached its decision after only ten minutes, recommending the most severe punishment to the court.It was, said the Judge, a simple case.Cumming and Cleary had quarreled violently at the Harbour Hotel on July 23rd and police saw Cleary kicking at the head of the unconscious Gumming.When arrested, Cleary was drunk but clear-thinking.Cleary was sentenced to life imprisonment with hard labour.Asked if he had anything to say, Cleary answered, "Just don't tell my mother."" It happened over three years ago," Paddy said helplessly.No one answered him or moved, for no one knew what to do."Just don't tell my mother," said Fee numbly (麻木地)."And no one did! Oh,God' My poor, poor Frank!"Paddy wiped the tears from his face and said."Fee, pack your things.We'll go to see him."She half-rose before sinking back.her eyes in her small white face stared as if dead."I can't go," she said without a hint of pain, yet making everyone feel that the pain was there."It would kill him to see me.I know him so well―his pride, his ambition.Let him bear the shame alone, it's what he wants.We've got to help him keep his secret.What good will it do him to see us?"Paddy was still weeping, not for Frank, but for the life which had gone from Fee's face, for the dying in her eyes.Frank had always brought bitterness and misfortune, always stood between Fee and himself.He was the cause of her withdrawal from his heart and the hearts of his children.Every time it looked as if there might be happiness for Fee, Frank look it away.But Paddy's love for her was as deep and impossible to wipe out as hers was for Frank.So he said, "Well, Fee, we won't go.But we must make sure he is taken care of.How about if I write to Father Jones and ask him to look out for Frank?"There was no excitement in the eyes, but a faint pink stole into her cheeks." Yes, Paddy, do that.Only make sure he knows not to tell Frank we found out.Perhaps it would ease Frank to think for certain that we don't know."46.Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?&A.Frank was found guilty of murder because he was a professional boxer.&B.The family didn't find out what happened to Frank until three years later.&C.The jury and the judge disagreed on whether Frank had committed murder.&D.Frank didn't want his family to find out what happened because Paddy disliked him.47.Paddy cried because he thought ______.&A.Frank did kill someone and deserved the punishment&B.Frank should have told Fee what had happened&C.what had happened to Frank was killing Fee&D.Frank had always been a man of bad moral character48.The underlined sentence "She half-rose before sinking back…" ( Paragraph 6) shows that&&&&&& .&A.Fee was so heart-broken that she could hardly stand up&B.Fee didn't want to upset Paddy by visiting Frank&C.Fee couldn't leave her family to go to see Frank&D.Fee struggled between wanting to see Frank and respecting his wish49.Which of the following suggests that Fee was deeply shocked by what happened to Frank?&A."Her eyes in her small white face stared as if dead."&B."Let him bear the shame alone, it's what he wants."&C."Every time it looked as if there might be happiness for Fee, Frank took it away."&D."There was no excitement in the eyes, but a faint pink stole into her cheeks."50.What is Frank and Paddy's probable relationship with Fee?&A.Son and brother. &&B.Son and husband.&C.Brother and lover.&&D.Lover and husband.CGREENWICH―Recently, a group of concerned Greenwich residents gathered to discuss how they could help those who may be alone during the holiday season.Armed with plenty of ideas and a sincere desire to do good, this group now refers to themselves as "A Random Act of Kindness".As members of this group, we are to put together a Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving Day that will provide a free meal to those who are alone or can't provide for themselves.This task will require many resources to make it successful.We are gathering a small army of volunteers to devote their time to helping prepare, cook, serve, clean, organize and promote this event.We hope that you can help us.The following is what w•A 2 - hour free dinner that will take place at the Greenwich VFW with 2 seatings, one from 1 p.m.to 2 p.m.and the other from 2: 30 p.m.to 3: 30 p.m.by reservation only on Thanksgiving Day.•Amy McPhail and Julie Carroll are accepting names of volunteers as well as food don Amy can be contacted (联络) at 692 -7841 for donations and Julie can be contacted if you'd like to volunteer at 884 -0658.•A bank account has been created through Glens Falls National Bank to accept money donations and checks can be made payable to "A Random Act of Kindness" and sent to Glens Falls National Bank c/o Dan Flynn.•Ellen Pemrick ( Caterer) .Beth Anthony ( Beth's Cafe) and David Hughes (Glens Falls Hospital) will be consulted to make sure the highest quality of food can be served.•We are looking to serve between 150 and 250 people at this event.We are serving the following: turkey gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, stuffing rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie.Beverages will include: milk, water, coffee & apple cider.If you are interested in donating any of the above items, please drop off your donations at the VFW in Greenwich any evening between November 14 and November 24.If you have any problems dropping any items off during that time, please contact George Perkins at either 692 -2367 or 573 -8115.Any non-perishable food donalions not used for the dinner will be donated to the local Greenwich Food Pantry.Any help you can provide for us would be gready appreciated.Everyone's generosity to the Greenwich community and its residents is very much appreciated.Reservations for dinner are now being accepted by calling Pal Perkins at 692 -2367 until November 13.51.If you want to be a volunteer for this Thanksgiving dinner, you may call _____.&A.884-0658&&&&&&& &B.692-2367&&&&&&& &C.573-8115&&&&&&& &D.692-784152.How many people will probably be served at the Thanksgiving dinner?&A.500.&&&&&&& &B.400.&&&& &C.300.&&&&&&& &D.200.53.Which of the following will be included in the dinner?&A.Apples and milk.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &B.Pumpkins and water.&C.Coffee and stuffing rolls.&&&&&&& &D.Potatoes and cranberry pie.54.As a volunteer for this Thanksgiving dinner, you can ______.&A.contact Julie to make sure of the quality of food&B.help make some arrangements for this event&C.drop off your donations at the VFW anytime&D.donate some money to Glens Falls National Bank55.The purpose of this passage is to _____.&A.describe a Thanksgiving celebration&B.introduce a Thanksgiving volunteer group&C.call on people to participate in a Thanksgiving event&D.persuade people to donate for a Thanksgiving dinnerD"I've changed my mind.I wanted to have a telescope, but now I want my daddy back." Lucien Lawrence's letter to Father Christmas, written after his schoolteacher father had been knifed to death outside his school gale, must have touched every heart.Lucien went on to say that without his father he couldn't see the stars in the sky.When those whom we love depart from us, we cannot see the stare for a while.But Lucien, the stars are still there, and one day, when you are older and your tears have gone, you will see them again.And, in a strange way, I expect that you will find your father is there too, in your mind and in your heart.I find that my parents, long dead now, still figure in many of my dreams and that I think of them perhaps more than 1 ever did when they were alive.I still live to please them and I'm still surprised by their reactions.I remember that when I became a professor,! was so proud, or rather so pleased with myself, that I couldn't wait to call my parents.The reply was a long time in coming, but when it did, all Mother said was "I hope this means that now you will have more time for the children!" I haven't forgotten.The values of my parents still live on.It makes me pause and think about how I will live on in the hearts and minds of my children and of those for whom I care.Would I have been as ready as Philip Lawrence have been to face the aggressors (挑衅者), and to lay down my life for those in my care? How many people would want me back for Christmas'' It's a serious thought, one to give me pause.I pray silently, sometimes, in the dead of night, that ancient cry of a poet " Deliver my soul from the sword(剑), and my darling from the power of the dog." Yet I know the death comes to us all,and sometimes comes suddenly.We must therefore plan to live forever, but live as if we will dietomorrow.We live on, I'm sure, in the lives of those we loved.and therefore we ought to have a carefor what they will remember and what they will treasure.If more parents knew this in their hearts tobe true, there might be fewer knives on our streets today.56.According to the whole text we can see that the first paragraph ______.&A.puts forward the subject of the text&B.shows the author's pity on the kid&C.acts as an introduction to the discussion&D.makes a clear statement of the author's views57.In the second paragraph the author mainly wants to explain to us ______.&A.how much he misses his parents now&B.why his parents often appear in his dream&C.when Lucien will get over all his sadness&D.how proud he was when he succeeded in life58.What feeling did the author's mother express in her reply?&A.Proud.& &B.Happy.&&&&&& &C.Disappointed.& &D.Worried59.In the author's opinion, the value of a person's life is ______.&A.to leave behind a precious memory to the people related&B.to have a high sense of duty to the whole society&C.to care what others will remember and treasure&D.to share happiness and sadness with his family60.What does the writer mean by the sentence taken from an old poem?&A.Call on criminals and murderers to lay down their guns.&B.Advise parents stay with their children safely at home.&C.Spend every day meaningfully in memory of the death.&D.Try to keep violence and murder far away from society.第二节:某网站上组织了一次讨论,其中David, Joe, Sophie, Michael与Bauer的观点颇具代表性。第61―65题是他们各自的观点。阅读下面发表在该网站上的6段留言(A、B、C、D、E和F),选择与其观点一致的表述,并在答题纸上将该项标号涂黑。选项中有一项是多途选项。61.David believes people shouldn't smoke in public places as it harms others.62.Joe insists that smokers should put the cigarette ends where they should go.63.Sophie holds that this question should call for a further argument.64.Michael thinks cigarette taxes should be raised for free healthcare for nonsmokers.65.Bauer thinks that victims of second - hand smoking should leave smoking areas to avoid harm.AThe stupid thing is, I often see people smoking and then they throw the cigarette ends away from them when they have finished, not even stopping them but it just seems like once they have finished, they don't want it near them, perhaps they ought to have to carry their own ash trays in their pockets.BIn many places, there are no non - smoking bars or restaurants.Unless people refuse to go out with friends who smoke, they cannot avoid passive smoking.Society accepts that adults can decide to harm themselves.so long as they do not harm others.This is why the suggestion is not arguing that people should be banned from smoking in private.Passive smokers do choose to breathe in other people's smoke.If they do not want to smoke passively, they do not need to go to places where smoking is allowed.There is therefore no reason to prevent smoking in public.CI'm only for smoking because not only do nice people and many friends and family of mine smoke, but this debate needs someone to take the side of the smoker.Otherwise we're just picking on a set of people.The only comment so far for smoking has been that clever one about how they pay for it.Smoking has its good points, whether it is giving job opportunities to millions of people, or getting extra breaks at work.Anyway, I do have a lot to say against smoking too, but again, debate.DWhat I care about is whether people can get free healthcare.Some people deliberately take dangerous toxins into their bodies because they're "addicted" while there are other people like my uncle who died of lung cancer and he never smoked in his life.It makes you wonder why cigarettes are so cheap.Surely all the taxes from cigarettes ought to go to help people who don't smoke.Perhaps we ought to sort things out.ECompletely against it.I work in a bar and 1 get so sick of coming home smelling like a bonfire. And if that isn't enough, I'm probably going to get lung cancer from those idiots that decide to excite themselves.However,! do understand that for some older smokers it is a habit because they may have been smoking long before they knew it was bad for them.I do think there's no excuse for my generation to do it though and if they want to die, then go to do it in your own home.FPhil and I had a good argument today in the pub.He made the comment, "If he wants to smoke and kill himself, he can!", about which I said "You want to get on your motorbike and risk death, fine", which are basically the same thing.He made the point that he's a good driver and it's not his fault if he gets hurt, but at the end of the day, his fault or not, he knows he could get killed, and he's still taking the risk of being on a bike.I think it's a sick thing to say, being honest! If people want to put something in their mouth and blow on it, they should be allowed without having things like that being said ! It's a free country!&第Ⅱ卷(非选择题,共50分)
第三部分:(共三节)第一节:单词拼写(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)根据下列句子及所给的中文或首字母提示,写出各单词正确的完全形式(每空限写一词)66.Tom was d ______ to learn that he had passed the important lest.67.Whether we will go for an outing or not tomorrow d ______ on the weather.68.Mike tried again and again and e _____ he made it.69.Have you ever heard of the n ______ who wrote the great novel David Copperfield?70.Because of the f______,roads and houses were washed away and people became homeless.71.Anyone who has done something ______ (非法的) will be punished.72.All the representatives ______ (交换) their opinions before the conclusion was reached.73.It is reported that a lot of presidents will be present at the opening ______ (仪式).74.It is necessary to learn to ______ (预测) what the passage is all about.75.Please lake good care of the ______ (设备) when you are doing experiments in the lab.第二节& 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)假如英语课上老师要求你修改你同桌写的一篇,文中共有10处语言错误,请在错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(^),并在其下面写出该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下面划一横线,并在该词下面写出改正后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。Dear editor,Next year I'll go to university and becoming a college student, and I have never been away from my parents.I don't know what to face my university life.I hear many new students are at a loss when we are at university.They can't take care of themselves in everyday life, and often feel lonely and homesick.Clothes, money or mobile phone are sometimes gone.And because different weather and food, they often get ill.Some even rent rooms outside the campus, which I don't think it is so safely. Could you tell me how to deal with these problems so that I would be able to get used the university life in the future.第二节 书面表达(满分30分)假如下周你校将组织一次以“Honesty”为主题的比赛。请你结合生活中的一个事例以及你对honesty的理解,用英语准备一篇稿。&注意:词数120左右;演讲稿的开头已给出,不计入总词数。Good morning, everyone,It is a great honor for me to stand here and share with you my ideas about honesty.&文章来源莲山 课件 w ww.5 YK J.COM
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

我要回帖

更多关于 2010学年第二学期八 的文章

随机推荐