Includes 20 Steam Achievements
Title: Savage Lands
Genre: , , , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 5 Mar, 2015
What the developers have to say:
Why Early Access?
&Early Access gives our team the opportunity to include the community in our design process early on ensuring the gameplay experience is built with the player in mind.&
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
&Our Early Access plans have the game slated for a 10 month development cycle.&
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
&We’ll be updating the game frequently based on our Community’s feedback. The full version of the game will contain all updates, features, and code improvements to ensure a great gameplay experience.&
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
&Our Early Access build will be pre-alpha. This means that we will constantly be developing and enhancing the game throughout its time in Early Access.&
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
&There is potential for the price to increase, but we will determine this as the game draws closer to completion.&
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
&Our development team will be very active in the S engaging with players daily taking in their feedback and addressing issues on a regular update cadence. Many of the new ideas that fans present to the team will be implemented based on time and benefit to the overall experience.&
Buy Savage Lands
Buy Savage Lands 4-Pack
Recommended By Curators
"One of the greatest survival games on Steam! If you love crafting stuffs then this game is for you and it's fun to play with friends. Worth every penny!"
Recent updates
21 January
This update is only for the Beta which includes the new islands of Tarvhas and unity 5. Old character saves are not supported in the Beta branch until we update the save system. We will look into moving the old world to a legacy branch for those that want to return to the Sundered Isles once this transition happens.
Big Changes:
- Ice and Glaciers Added to the Ocean
- Dedicated Servers Working in the Beta
New Features & Patches Notes:
- The oceans now have ice chucks for you to walk on. You will also notice large glaciers that are currently uninhabited, for now…
- Health/Cold and Stamina/Hunger system has had some tweaks. Cold is now less harsh. Jump no longer drains stamina. Stamina now lasts longer so you can run longer. You require less food to survive.
- Dedicated servers are up and working for the Beta. Let us know if you have any specific issues hosting them.
- New Animations have been added for bandages and off-hand object use.
- A ton of new recipes have gone into the game. Even more will be added in the weeks to come.
- Art and Design updates and changes to the islands of Tarvhas. The content continues to improve and be added to each week.
- Several improvements for performance have been made for Unity 5.3
Known Issues:
- Crashes with old characters and old world saves.
- LOD issues with certain objects.
- The new “Save System” to fix crashes.
- Balance updates new items.
- More Art and Design updates and changes to the islands of Tarvhas.
- Bug fixes.
14 January
This update is only for the Beta which is the new island and unity 5. Old character saves are not supported in the Beta branch moving forward. We will look into moving the old world to a legacy branch for those that want to return to the Sundered Isles once this transition happens.
Big Changes:
- UI Overhaul
- New Cold/Health and Stamina/Hunger System
- Unity 5.3 Integration Improvements
New Features & Patches Notes:
- The UI is new and improved! We have gone through just about everything and there are still a few adjustments and additions that you will see in upcoming weeks.
- Hunger/Cold and Stamina/Hunger are now grouped together on the UI and work together on a “give and take”. If you are too cold or hungry, your health and stamina can only go so high. Once you have taken care of your cold and hunger, you will need to let your stamina fill. Your health on the other hand will need to be refilled with food or bandages.
- Art and Design updates and changes to the new world. The content continues to improve and be added to each week.
- Several improvements for performance have been made for Unity 5.3
Known Issues:
- Crashes with old characters and old world saves.
- LOD issues with certain objects.
- Dedicated servers not currently working the beta.
- Animals can and will run into the ocean. The Sea-Deer have returned to us.
- Save improvements to fix crashes.
- UI adjustments .
- Balance updates new items.
- More Art and Design updates and changes to the new world.
- Bug fixes.
Report bugs and leave feedback for this game on the discussion boards
Early Access Information
Savage Lands is an Early Access title and your chance to experience the game as it moves through the various phases of development. The game is ALPHA which means new features and bug fixes will be implemented on a regular basis. The development team will be looking to our community to help us hone the game experience and encourages everyone to contribute their feedback in our Steam forums.
If playing early and potentially buggy builds is not your thing, we advise you to come back at a later phase in our development process.
But if you are interested in being a voice and helping the development team fine tune the game through ongoing iteration, you have come to the right place.
About This Game
Savage Lands is a gritty, brutal, first-person open-world fantasy survival experience in which players have only one goal: Stay Alive. Explore a world where days and nights are spent slaughtering vicious creatures, gathering scarce resources, building shelter and crafting powerful weapons needed to survive. Every decision counts, because one mistake can lead to an unfortunate encounter with death's cold embrace.
Unforgiving Fantasy World - Savage Lands is bursting with a variety of twisted and hostile creatures ranging from the minuscule to gargantuan scattered throughout the Sundered Isle.
Brutal Combat - Each encounter, regardless of size and power, has the potential to end fatally.
Freedom to Explore - The world of Savage Lands is yours to explore with no restrictions.
Robust Item Crafting - Almost limitless options to create unique armor, weapons, food, and more that will greatly increase your odds of survival.
Intuitive Build System - Build unique fortifications sheltering you and your allies from the hostile creatures that roam the island.
Day/Night Cycles
- Many creatures walk the day, but take refuge from the night as the freezing cold is only one of many things that will tear away at your humanity.
Advanced Creature AI - Every creature in Savage Lands will be powered by a unique AI system complete with line of sight, collision avoidance, situational awareness, and pack mentality designed to bring the world to life.
Multiplayer - Fight alone or team up with other exiles, hoard crafted supplies and gear, and take refuge from the unforgiving environment. Be on guard, as those you think are friends can quickly turn to foe and loot your rotting corpse.
Character Customization - Personalize your character with a variety of gear to create a one-of-a-kind look.
Persistent Player Profile - Character data is persistent across all servers making it easy to play with friends.
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.0 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD 4000, NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, ATI Radeon HD 6450 or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX(R)-compatible
Additional Notes: Savage Lands is an Early Access game and specifications may change during development.
Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD Phenom II X4 940 or better
Graphics: GeForce GTX 560, Intel HD 5000, Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB or better
DirectX: Version 10
Sound Card: DirectX(R)-compatible
Additional Notes: Savage Lands is an Early Access game and specifications may change during development.
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4650 or better / NVIDIA 550M or better
Minimum:
Processor: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6450 (Graphic Drivers: nVidia 310, AMD 12.11), OpenGL 2.1
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
34.2 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Savage Lands is a cold and ominous experience. The atmosphere is excellent and can be very creepy. I really did feel like I was alone in a hostile land, and at first it took me a long time to feel secure enough to wander into unsafe areas.You have a health bar, of course. The other two are hunger and cold. Cold is your first enemy in this game. There's no thirst bar, which makes sense as there is snow practically everywhere so you could e it's fair to assume you have enough water.You're limited to pre-designed buildings, and rather few designs. I don't see a problem with basic shacks and such because you'll probably be building a lot of them to give yourself safe harbor as you explore. This isn't a &design and build a beautiful and complex base from the ground up& style of game, this is a &pile some sticks together before you freeze to death and the wolves gnaw upon your frostbitten corpse& game and I enjoy the roughness of it.I'm coming at this from a slightly unusual angle because this was the first survival game I ever played. I didn't have any expectations of what building should be like, or crafting, or any of the mainstays of the genre. Since playing Savage Lands I have been hooked on survival games and have been branching out, but I feel it's an excellent introduction, partially because of the it's less likely to overwhelm a new player. I don't know what the devs' plans are for expanding the building system, but I do hope they keep the prefabs in there as an option for when you just need to get a shack up as fast as possible before the sun goes down and the nasties come out.This game also seems to have broken me from my reliance on minimaps. You are forced to navigate with only a compass and landmarks, and this actually becomes surprisingly second-nature. (Side note: there are a lot of people who are confused about how the compass works— the point of the needle always points to the north. That's it. It's no more complicated than that.)Being Early Access there are some features missing, for example there are no female characters yet. However, they are confirmed to be in development and they will have realistic armor. The devs listen to the community (you can even vote on features), are extremely active and give information constantly. Frequent updates are made and I have no doubt the devs will deliver on their promises. This game has a bright future.
Was this review helpful?
45.1 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Critics, commends and suggestions:Okay, there are many things I have to say about this. Firstly, the game is amazing. My friends and I basically described it as ,,Minecraft meets Skyrim“ game, which, to be honest, is amazing. The whole progressing aspect of the game is very pleasing. The whole story of the game is nice (at least the story that's made for now), enemies are great (but I'd personally like to see many different types of animals and a whole ton of enemies to fight). Weapons and tools are cool and I expect more of the same sort. Overall, game is great and I hope that there will be many more things added.Commends:-Weapons are great, different types. You've taken attack speed in count, damage, building damage and special item effects (soul storm)-Many different enemies with different attacks and item drops -Overall graphics of the game are amazing!-Progressively advancing through the game-Amazing with friends-Structure building-Survival aspect (game can be harsh which, in this case, is good)-Weather aspect (snowstorms), maybe add in some other.Critics:-No fall damage (at least what I've witnessed)-Enemies should have more animations (attack, death, running, etc.)-Animations for certain actions (for example that you cannot simply take animal skin from inventory but rather skin the animal for it)-Not being able to place chests yourself (they basically just drop once you remove them from inventory and that's where they'll stay). Should be placable like structures, campfires.-No information to tell you when you armor is broken (which may be important in some fights)-Stacking of some items is low (I'm not having a problem with that but when you can't place chests the way you want and the amount of items you can collect, this, sort of, becomes a problem)-Getting more than plenty of some items that are required in only one or few recipes (Bear claws, pelts, bones (well, this isn't a problem because logically is that every animal has them but just put it as an example), blood of the brood, etc.)Suggestions:- I would like to see the &Thirst bar& which would be another variable that you'd have to take care of (I don't know much about developers' plans for the future, but if there ever will be something like a desert type area this also this is just a personal suggestion which would fulfill me personally but others may hate it... it's a situational thing).-Many more weapons with different effects (elemental weapons (fire, ice, poison, etc.), more types of ranged weapons (throwable axes, daggers, more bows, crossbows, etc.)-Many more different armors (light, medium and heavy category)-Shields (same as armors, light, medium and heavy, also from different materials, etc.)-Collectable herbs to make something like potions (maybe something to give some buffs like increased staming, strenght (more damage and ability to wear harder armor without penalties)-Speed penalty while overburdened (this would make game much more realistic)-Many more creatures that can spawn both during day and night which will add variety and much more droppable items that can be used to craft new and different things (humanoid, beast, animal, undead, lizard, etc. Types)-Mounts that can ease your travel (whatever that may be)-Dungeons of some sort (Caves, temples, ruins, etc.)-This may not be taken well because some games have added this and had problems because of it, and I myself am also sceptic about this, but you should consider adding some type of skill factor based on the amount of time using some tool or weapons (sort of like adjusting to your weapons, armor, and anything else) that can make farming easier for you.-Agriculture, growing your own plants (whatever that may be) could add variety to the game.-More tools (such as pickaxes, hoes and so on)-More special creatures (such as Kur, Helion, Lycor) that have their stories and that can be a challenge-add some sort of guideline structure (road signs) and maybe some sort of a blank map that you can draw yourself (with some sort of ink maybe)-Not sure how you feel about this but it may be nice to, along with complete blueprints for structures, add something like walls that you can place in a way to build a bigger house with more room and some inner decorations (something like a tavern or a guard post).-Smelting would be nice since you could smelt all the things you don't use anymore and get some extra from themI usually don't rank things that are in alpha, beta state or pre release but just for the sake, subjectively I'd rate it (on a scale from 1 to 100) a solid 90+ because of not so many things in the current state, so not a big deal. Haven't experienced any specific bugs or glitches. Game is running solid and the graphic settings are various and on max settings the game is beautiful. I'd definitely recommend this game to anyone who likes survival games.I know that you may be annoyed with all the ,,add more stuff“ and I know it's gonna be added but I had to say my word. I can't think of anything else at this moment but I'll be playing the game in the future and will see the further development. I also see that Developers are very interested in their community and listen to our suggestion, critics and commends. You guys do an amazing job and it has been my pleasure playing this game for more than 30 hours now and continuing into the future. Keep up the good work and if you want any more suggestion that I may think of in the future, I can always help you out. This game is an amazing jewel of survival games and I hope to see much more blossoming
for this seed you've planted.
Was this review helpful?
199.1 hrs on record
Early Access Review
OK, I love this game and my first few weeks of owning it I could not play anything else. It has its own unique storyline and lore, The AI can be very challenging at first but you learn how to fight each type of mob you face as you progress to tougher mobs further inland on the island. You are shipwrecked on an old ancient island filled with ghost towns (not ghost) undead, mystical creatures and even Dragons. You hunt for food, deer, goats bear etc. and besides meat you need to farm skins and other things used for crafting. Crafting is fairly detailed, You can make better weapons and clothing, prepare food and even build structures to get you through the cold winter nights. Crafting is a key feature to this game and to get some of the better wapons and armor to craft you need rare ingredients from tougher AI to craft certain things. The game does a good job at building up to be able to kill the more tougher AI and so on.
As you build better armor and weapons you can fight tougher mobs and get better and more rare ingredients so you can build even better things to fight even tougher mobs and so on and so on. The balance in this respect is very good indeed.The game is going through a change right now, and it is for the better. The game is in the middle of an engine upgrade that touts a brand new map and a much better layout that improves the progression from being a noob to a full outfitted badass ready to slay some dragons.
The new map is a beta op-in and as a new player you will get the relativly bug free old map to start with until the conversion is complete. The devs have gone out of their way to ensure old toons can be carried over to the new map if this is something you want. (and I did) The old map is fairly bug free and very enjoyable the new opt in beta map, although MUCH better still hosts a lot of bugs and this is why it is opt in only. It is meant for veteran players who know the game and can give good bug reports.Now this review would be incomplete without makeing a point that I have never had the privledge to make in any other steam game. This game BY FAR has the best Devs around. They are here everyday. helping, answering, listening to feed back. If you ask a question you will often get more then one dev answering to it. They will go out of their way to listen to you, help you and listen to your feedback both good and bad. I want to give you two examples off the top of my head.1st, Someone had a bug that made him loose all his gear, Put it in the bug section. and was probably ok with laving it at that. Not for the Devs, They started an MP server gave him the info and replaced EVERYTHING he lost.2nd, My family went away for xmas and I was home alone and decided to get into the firewater and light myself up while I played some savage lands. I ran into a prob or question (do not remember which) at 2 am Xmas eve. and guess what, there was a dev there to help me out within 10 minutes. They should have been sleeeping or with family and friends for Xmas but they CARE so much about this game that even on Xmas eve they were there to support their customers.I can not tell you enough about the commitment to this game these devs have, it shows in the forums and in the love they have for this game itself.
If there was a reward for the best Devs in steam forums these guys would win hands down. We all know how toxic steam forums can get when customers are not happy and they are not getting answers and the devs are know where to be found. I have yet to find a toxic or even negative post in the forums for this game and it all starts from the top down. The game itself is great but the commitment and openess of these devs makes the atmoshpere around here second to none. Updates are very frequent. Every 5-10 days or so. The old map is no longer being updated and it is all on the new map. Of course this makes sence as the old map will be gone once the final switch to the new engine and map are complete. It is fair to say that if you are new and get the old map you are still getting a very complete game even for it being an early access title.
Starting on the old map is still a great play and in no means a lessor experience do to the fact it is no longer being supported. Of course there is nothing stopping you from opting in and starting off on the new map but I would not reccomend it yet. The old map is solid and complete and is a great way to learn the game in a relativley bug free enviroment. The game has great replayability and I expect great things from it for no other reason then how much the devs love this game. These guys are building a game for the love of seeing a game they made and to make it great, not for money or any of the other things some dev teams do to get their name out there or whatever. It is a SP and MP survival game that has been a great add to my collection of survival games I love. It has been a good 2 years for EA survival games for me with other titles like, The Forest, The Long Dark 7D2D and of course Savage Lands and just like the others I am happy to own this title in my collection. It is unique in its own way and well worth the price for an EA title and would be worth full retail of a finished game, if you get it on sale (like I did) it is a downright steal. If you enjoy survival games then I reccomend it, If you like supporting small EA dev teams then this is by far the most worthy team I have ever seen. Most of the EA titles I own I do not worry about, they will see the light of day and full release. But this one, I have never even considered anything otherwise. This dev team loves this game so much they would finish it in a coffee shop stealing free wi-fi whilst living on the street and panhandling for food money in order to see this game finished.Game 8.5-10Devs 11-10
Was this review helpful?
76.4 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Normally I wouldn't write full in-depth review for an early access game. It would be kind of unfair to do so considering the full experience of the game has yet to come. However there are things I would like to talk about and address to both new players and the developers.The best way to describe Savage Lands, it's like a combination between The Forest and Elder Scrolls.Keeping in mind that this game is early access, it does have its problems. Unlike the typical early access game where you usually experience connection issues, lag, glitches, etc. this game is actually pretty well built without these issues. Loads times are actually pretty phenomenal and there are little issue involving bugs/ glitches, at least from what I have experienced. A couple de-syncs every so often, however that is most likely becuase we had three players connected to a private hosted server via the same local connection. The main issue with the game is the lack in overall content however that is to be expected. In the feature list under the game description, there are two 'features' I would like to address.Robust Item Crafting and Intuitive Build System.Before I delve into the issues with these features, I would like to state that I am fully aware and understand that Signal Studios has not released all the content yet, hence 'early access', however at this time, the descriptions of these features are not accurate. Mind you, these are listed as &Early Release Features&, which means that they were intentionally listed as features being currently in the game. I disagree.Robust Item CraftingCrafting works and it's not bad, however in the description for this feature it states &Limitless Options&. There is a lot of potential with the crafting, so I have no doubt that the developers are going to be progressing the possibilities making this description more accurate, currently however, it's just to far from limitless for this description to be accurate. There are only a handful of craftable weapons/ tools and armor, and a good portion of them require harder to get and rarer materials. Intuitive Building SystemIf you have ever played The Forest, the building system is exactly the same. Its simple, but there isn't really much you can build other than a few structures. I would really like to see more structures added as well as customization, decoration, and more function added for the structures as well. As of right now, other than getting a couple of achievements
it's really not worth the time and effort to build anything. Find a pre-existing city on the map and make base, it will have everything you need already minus strong boxes.As for the rest of the listed current features, the descriptions are fairly accurate. The world is anything but forgiving and you never know when an enemy is going to charge at you out of nowhere unless you are in an open area and even then, if you aren't paying attention to your surroundings, you will find trouble pretty quick, or rather trouble will find you. The AI system is spot on and the combat is indeed brutal and can get pretty intense. Perhaps a little too intense. One minute you are chasing a deer, then suddenly you are fighting a Dire Wolf that popped out from the bushes. Next minute you are fighting a whole pack of them. But hey, what fun would the game be if the combat were too easy? The game certainly teaches you to stay aware of your surroundings. The game is more fun in multiplayer, albeit if you want more of a challenge, play solo. Overall, the game is very fun and addicting. I would even go as far to say it is the best early access game I have played to date, even with its limited content. With that said, there is still plenty to do while the developers are working hard to bring us more content. I actually would not mind collaborating with the developers and sharing ideas for future content, as this game has some great potential to be one of the best open world survival games to date and I would love to see this game succeed. So if any developers are reading this, feel free to add and/or message me. I would gladly share some ideas and options. Nonetheless, keep up the great work.
Was this review helpful?
17.8 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Me and a couple of friends found this game on sale and decided to try it out, what followed was a weekend of fun gaming with 5 dudes... but thats about it.This game has an amazing concept, the lore is good and gameplay is really enjoyable.But as you can see.. it took us about 15 hours on a multiplayer server with 5 guys to complete everything we could.We even got as far as to trying to kill the dragon... but at the time it was bugged and could not be killed.Do i like this game?
-Yes!Do i recommend this game?- No. if you wanna play a survival Skyrim just mod Skyrim (wich if you are considering this game you mot likely have)If not then go ahead and buy this game!there isnt actually anything bad i can say about the game since it still hasnt been finished, but the makers have been abit lazy the past couple of months so im fearing that they will never fully finish this.TL:DRThis is a Skyrim-like open world survival game wich doesnt have that much content at the time, but you can sink a easy 40 hours into it solo and a easy 20 with friends trying to complete it.I dont recommend buying this, but i recommend it as a game.hopefully the makers put in more effort, because this game has potential.
Was this review helpful?
Loading reviews...
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Savage Lands
Savage Lands 4-Pack
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 savage lands 的文章

随机推荐