来自团队:
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁Installing VMware vCenter Server Appliance 6.0
Feb 9, 2015 o Jonathan Frappier
Generally, installing virtual appliances has been pretty straight forward – import an OVA and enter the necessary details in the deployment wizard, or access the virtual appliances management interface (such as those typically on port 5480 from VMware). However, as of the Release Candidate for VMware vSphere 6.0, the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) installation takes a much different approach than what you’ve been used to.
A few vCenter Server Appliance prerequisites
First, it should be noted that you can only install the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) from Windows. I was first turned onto the VCSA because I was at an all OSX/Linux shop so it made sense to use something we were accustomed to using already. For now, you’ll need a Windows box to at least get th then you can punt (please note also this is based on Release Candidate (RC) code and could change in the final release).
You CAN deploy the VCSA 6.0 to both ESXi 5.5 or 6.0 host. If you currently have a 5.5 environment you can deploy the VCSA without upgrading your hosts, but if you did not take the plunge into 5.5 you’ll have to bring at least one host online running 5.5. or 6.0.
Finally, before getting started, you MUST create DNS records before running the installer. I was struggling with the new installer because I’ve just been used to doing my DNS records after I deployed the VCSA, but before running the setup through the management interface. However with a little help from Emad Younis (@Emad_Younis) I was able to point me in the right direction. With 6.0 all of the configuration is done from the initial setup wizard. When it’s finished installing, vCenter is ready to run.
The installation wizard will NOT give you an error if this does not exist, instead it will fail during the installation!
As you can see here I have my forward and reverse DNS records ready to go on .9
Installing the vCenter Server Appliance
As with the older versions of the VCSA, it all st however in this case you will be downloading an ISO image. Once the ISO image is downloaded either mount the ISO on your Windows box or extract the ISOs into a folder (as seen here).
Now that you have access to the files, drill down into the vcsa folder, there you will find the VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-6.0.0. Install this application on your Windows box (double click, Next, Accept/Next, Next, Install, Finish). Once the plugin finishes installing, back up one folder level and open the index file. As you can see here I am on Windows Server 2012, thus at least IE10 however opening the index in IE10 gives me a warning that I need to upgrade to at least IE10 or 11, so yea I’m going with Chrome. As with any plugin, you must enable it in Chrome. Click on the puzzle piece with the red x, then click Always allow and refresh the page and click the Allow button.
Newer versions of Chrome/Client Integration Plugin may
click Remember my choice and then the launch Application button
You should now see the vCenter icon along with a large Install and Upgrade button, click on the Install button. You will get a UI very similar to what you would get deploying a virtual appliance.
&img src=”/images/fulls/chrome-vcsa.png class=”fit image”&
After carefully reading the license agreement, printing it for your records, and having it signed by an attorney, click the I accept… check box and click Next.
Now you can chose to deploy to your target server. Specify your ESXi host (5.5 or above!), username and password. Note the requirements at th if you are using a vDS the port group must be ephemeral.
Now click Next.
If you are using self signed/untrusted certificates click Yes when prompted.
The next step is to name your appliance. In my case, like I have created in DNS, my appliance name will be vxprt-vc02.vxprt.local. Provide the OS root user password and click Next
On the deployment type you can chose to install an embedded Platform Services Controller (which includes Single Sign-On in vSphere 6.0), just the the PSC, or just vCenter. You can have multiple Platform Services Controllers, and they can be different types. For example you could do a stand-alone PSC and have an embedded one with the VCSA. When the installer says “embedded” it really just means the components will be installed on the same virtual appliance as vCenter. I’ll be doing embedded here. Click Next
Chose whether you have an existing SSO domain or you will be creating a new one. I will do this install as a new SSO domain type deployment. Enter the administrator password, and domain. To stay consistent with what I know about SSO, I’ll enter vsphere.local and Default-First-Site for the site name. Click Next.
Select the appliance size that supports your environment, including the new “tiny” deployment for up to 10 hosts. Click Next
Select the datastore you will to install to, and whether to THIN PROVISION the vmdk (no VMware, I’m not calling it “Thin Disk Mode” – THIN PROVISION!). Click Next
If you’re an Oracle shop, you have a choice on step 8, otherwise just click Next.
Chose a network (this will be based on the host you deployed to), and how to assign IP information including the host name – This MUST match DNS. I’ll select static as that is what I would want to do for this type of server. Finally enter the NTP server and click next (I’ve also enabled SSH so I can connect directly to the virtual machine.
Review the settings you’ve enter, make sure your IP information and host name are all correct and click Finish. The installation of vCenter and the VCSA will start. You’ll even see it installing packages, that’s right this is a ground up build, not just a bunch of packages pre-installed on a virtual machine!
Once the installation is complete, you can connect to https://fqdn/vsphere-client (no more 9443! One less question on the VCP6 I guess :) ).
you configured during the installation.
That’s it, your vCenter Server Appliance is now installed, of course, now comes the fun part like creating your clusters, setting up HA, Admission Control, DRS, and other great features enabled by vCenter!
During the installation of of the VMware vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) 6.0 or the Platform Services Controller (PSC) Appliance 6.0, you receive the following message:
Scenario: You try to install the VMware vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) or Platform Services Controller but receive an error during the installation. After correcting the problem during installation you attempt to re-install the appliance but receive the following error message:您所在的位置: &
vCenter在vSphere 6中的全新架构
vCenter在vSphere 6中的全新架构
TechTarget
虽然按照计划,vSphere 6要等到2015年初才会发布,但是VMware还是发布了许多关于下一代vSphere的最新消息。在技术预览环节,新版本vSphere中的许多特性都引起了大家的关注。下面介绍一些大家广泛讨论的特性。
下一代vSphere要等到2015年之后才会发布,但是VMware提前公布了一些新特性,比如单点登录和vCenter中的其他服务。
虽然按照计划,vSphere
6要等到2015年初才会发布,但是VMware还是发布了许多关于下一代vSphere的最新消息。在技术预览环节,新版本vSphere中的许多特性都引起了大家的关注。下面介绍一些大家广泛讨论的特性。
vSphere客户端之间的竞争仍在继续
VMware尝试引导管理员放弃vSphere Desktop Client转而使用Web Client,但是一直未能实现预期的目标。尽管Web
Client拥有一些可以让工作更加简单的优秀特性,但是管理员在使用过程中仍然会遇到这种各样的问题。缓慢的速度是最大的障碍之一,另外一个原因是Web
Client更新inventory状态的方式和vSphere Desktop Client不同。
VMware宣称下一代vSphere仍然会保留vSphere Desktop Client,允许使用其连接到ESXi宿主机以及vCenter
Server。基于Windows的客户端不会添加新的功能,但是其可以在只读模式下管理版本为10或者11的系统硬件。升级到vSphere6的管理员还能够使用vSphere
Desktop Client对版本为9的系统硬件进行读写操作。
当VMware转而使用HTML5之后&&他们已经就此计划一段时间了&&将会大幅度提高Web
Client的性能表现,管理员最终会转移到新的基于web的平台上&&而其他VMware产品都已经完成这个过程。
并非SSO的简单升级!
下一代vSphere当中包含了一种称为平台服务控制器(PSC)新服务,它替换了现有版本当中的单点登录(SSO)功能,并且拥有很多新的重要服务。从vSphere
5.1到5.5,SSO架构发生了改变,导致了用户的一些升级问题。当你深入了解PSC之后,就会知道VMware正在朝着一个正确的方向发展。
在之前的版本当中,SSO随着vSphere进行升级,一些其他产品使用SSO作为认证源。但是当vSphere没有发布新版本时,SSO就不能及时升级,这将会导致一些问题。为了防止在下一代vSphere当中出现同样的问题,VMware宣布PSC将会独立于vSphere进行升级,在其他任何依赖于SSO的产品之前完成升级过程。
498)this.width=498;' onmousewheel = 'javascript:return big(this)' alt="" src="/wyfs02/M01/57/63/wKioL1SZK-GjTfN8AACP_yY2RIU812.jpg" width="520" height="401" />
图1: vCenter Server 6.0的部署选项,针对所管理产品数量的不同,推荐相应的设定
如图1所示,在vSphere
6的内部测试版本当中,PSC被称为基础架构控制器,当产品正式发布之后,其将会被命名为PSC。这种架构体积更小,但是使用一个或多个嵌入式控制器或者单独安装的控制器来连接到vCenter。
PSC将会提供SSO能够实现的全部功能,此外,它还能够提供授权服务、证书存储服务以及未来将会加入的其他服务。这样管理员就拥有一套可以管理所有VMware产品核心组件的集成化平台了。PSC是一种分布式服务,只关心自己的数据同步,这意味着默认情况下,平台之前并不存在冗余。在少于八台vCenter服务器的环境当中,VMware建议在vCenter服务器上安装PSC。对于规模更大的环境,VMware建议在单独的服务器上安装PSC,再将vCenter连接到PSC服务器池当中。
498)this.width=498;' onmousewheel = 'javascript:return big(this)' alt="" src="/wyfs02/M01/57/63/wKioL1SZK-GiaEa2AABkeggZIyc419.jpg" width="515" height="343" />
图2, 在vSphere 6中,平台服务控制器可以应用在每个数据中心站点当中。
如图2所示,可以在所有的数据中心站点部署一个或者多个PSC服务器,之后你的vCenter服务器和其他VMware产品,比如vRealize
Automation(之前的vCloud Automation Center)以及vRealize Orchestrator(之前的vCenter
Orchestrator)就可以连接到PSC了。
VMware High Availability将会如何发展?
现在针对Windows和Linux appliance的vCenter架构当中,vCenter
Server可能引发单点故障。如果唯一的一台服务器发生故障,那么你将失去对于vSphere环境的管理能力。而一些需要和vCenter协同工作来部署和管理虚拟机的产品,比如vRealize
Automation 或者 Horizon View,也将会无法使用。在2014年时,vCenter Server Heartbeat&&为保护Windows
vCenter Server提供冗余的产品 &&就被从VMware的产品列表当中移除,VMware也没有提供相关替代产品。
VMware宣称在下一代vSphere当中,将会使用vSphere HA或者Fault Tolerance
(FT)来保护vCenter。如果出现硬件故障,vCenter将会通过HA进行重启,或者借助于FT,实现无缝切换。当然,只有在虚拟机当中运行vCenter,这种方式才能生效。
498)this.width=498;' onmousewheel = 'javascript:return big(this)' alt="" src="/wyfs02/M01/57/66/wKiom1SZKzexZQpaAACN0fTGEYA519.jpg" width="519" height="408" />
图3.将vCenter Server安装在虚拟机当中,可以在由三台ESXi主机组成的管理集群上运行服务,提高可靠性。
如果用户在物理机当中运行vCenter,那么现在就应该将其迁移到虚拟机当中了。完成这个过程的最好方式就是运行一个至少包含八台ESXi服务器的管理集群(如图3所示。)这个集群和运行生产环境负载的集群无关,将会被用来运行管理环境的虚拟机,比如vCenter、
vCAC服务器、vCenter Log Insight、vCenter Orchestrator、vCenter Operations
Manager以及其他产品。这种方式可以提高整个虚拟环境的可靠性。
在Windows或者Linux上vCenter服务使用单实例的另外一个问题是这个服务有可能因为软件错误或者网络问题而停止工作。对于这种情况,HA或FT不能发挥任何作用。vCenter开发经理宣称VMware正在研究一种&watchdog&进程,预计在2015年解决这个问题。这听起来没有太大的技术难度,但是更多的细节还有待披露。他说在2016年,VMware计划推出一种类似于分布式冗余服务的解决方案。
是时候迁移到Linux appliance了?
在下一代vSphere当中,vCenter的Linux
appliance版本预计将拥有和Windows版本相同的最大管理能力:1000台ESXi服务器、10000台启动的虚拟机、每个集群64台宿主机、每个集群6000台虚拟机,10台通过linked
mode连接的vCenter服务器。
过去,linked mode在appliance当中并不可用,因为VMware在Application
Mode当中使用活动目录为使用linked-mode的其他vCenter服务器,针对数据的配置和分发提供LDAP存储。活动目录应用模式(ADAM)在linux上并不可用,这意味着无法使用linked
mode。对于新版的vSphere来说,VMware将不再使用ADAM来实现linked mode,而是通过一种可以在Linux virtual
appliance上实现的新架构。
还有一点值得注意的是Windows和appliance都将使用嵌入式数据库vP并且可以在Windows当中选择其他外部数据库,可以在appliance上选择Oracle作为外部数据库。
现在对于用户来说,Linux
appliance正在逐渐成为一种运行vCenter的可行解决方案,而唯一的障碍是:现在还没有一种迁移工具能够将数据从Windows vCenter
Server迁移到Linux
appliance。下一版本的vSphere也没有宣称包含这项功能,但是VMware希望在2015年解决这个问题。当这种工具出现的时候,appliance就会被大家逐渐接受,为appliance的逐步发展铺平道路。【责任编辑: TEL:(010)】
关于&&的更多文章
11月1日,东软解决方案论坛2013在厦门举行,此次论坛的主题是:
利用 VMware View 为桌面和应用程序带来云计算的敏捷性和可用性。
讲师: 528人学习过讲师: 1356人学习过讲师: 129人学习过
有权威调查显示,到2009年,部署的虚拟化技术大约有90
随着将传统的各类技术和知名企业文件备份技术以及虚拟
 Hyper-V是微软最新推出的服务器虚拟化解决方案,微
本书共分两篇,15章。其中前6章为网络理论基础篇,介绍的是基本的网络技术,包括计算机网络分类、网络通信协议、IP地址和网线制
51CTO旗下网站Installing the VMware vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 VCSA - 推酷
Installing the VMware vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 VCSA
Generally, installing virtual appliances has been pretty straight forward – import an OVA and enter the necessary details in the deployment wizard, or access the virtual appliances management interface (such as those typically on port 5480 from VMware). However, as of the Release Candidate for VMware vSphere 6.0, the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) installation takes a much different approach than what you’ve been used to.
A few vCenter Server Appliance prerequisites
First, it should be noted that you can only install the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) from Windows. I was first turned onto the VCSA because I was at an all OSX/Linux shop so it made sense to use something we were accustomed to using already. For now, you’ll need a Windows box to at least get th& then you can punt (please note also this is based on Release Candidate (RC) code and could change in the final release).
You CAN deploy the VCSA 6.0 to both ESXi 5.5 or 6.0 host. If you currently have a 5.5 environment you can deploy the VCSA without upgrading your hosts, but if you did not take& the plunge into 5.5 you’ll have to bring at least one host online running 5.5. or 6.0.
Finally, before getting started,
you MUST create DNS records before running the installer
. I was struggling with the new installer because I’ve just been used to doing my DNS records after I deployed the VCSA, but before running the setup through the management interface. However with a little help from
) I was able to point me in the right direction. With 6.0 all of the configuration is done from the initial setup wizard. When it’s finished installing, vCenter is ready to run.
The installation wizard will NOT give you an error if this does not exist, instead it will fail during the installation!
As you can see here I have my forward and reverse DNS records ready to go on .9
Installing the vCenter Server Appliance
As with the older versions of the VCSA, it all st however in this case you will be downloading an ISO image. Once the ISO image is downloaded either mount the ISO on your Windows box or extract the ISOs into a folder (as seen here).
Now that you have access to the files, drill down into the vcsa folder, there you will find the VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-6.0.0. Install this application on your Windows box (double click, Next, Accept/Next, Next, Install, Finish). Once the plugin finishes installing, back up one folder level and open the index file. As you can see here I am on Windows Server 2012, thus at least IE10 however opening the index in IE10 gives me a warning that I need to upgrade to at least IE10 or 11, so yea I’m going with Chrome. As with any plugin, you must enable it in Chrome. Click on the puzzle piece with the red x, then click Always allow and refresh the page and click the Allow button.
You should now see the vCenter icon along with a large Install button, click on it. You will get a UI very similar to what you would get deploying a virtual appliance.
1.& After carefully reading the license agreement, printing it for your records, and having it signed by an attorney, click the
I accept…
check box and click Next.
2.& Now you can chose to deploy to your target server. Specify your ESXi host (5.5 or above!), username and password – now click Next.
If you are using self signed/untrusted certificates click Yes when prompted.
3.& The next step is to name your appliance. In my case, like I have created in DNS, my appliance name will be vxprt-vc02.vxprt.local. Click Next
4.& On the deployment type you can chose to install an embedded Platform Services Controller (which includes Single Sign-On in vSphere 6.0), just the the PSC, or just vCenter. You can have multiple Platform Services Controllers, and they can be different types. For example you could do a stand-alone PSC and have an embedded one with the VCSA. When the installer says “embedded” it really just means the components will be installed on the same virtual appliance as vCenter. I’ll be doing embedded here. Click Next
5.& Chose whether you have an existing SSO domain or you will be creating a new one. I will do this install as a greenfield type deployment, so select Configure Single Sign-On. Now enter the administrator password, and domain. To stay consistent with what I know about SSO, I’ll enter vsphere.local here. Click Next.
VMware vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) step 5 – configure SSO
6.& Select the appliance size that supports your environment, including the new “tiny” deployment for up to 20 hosts. Click Next
7.& Select the datastore you will to install to, and whether to
THIN PROVISION
the vmdk (no VMware, I’m not calling it “Thin Disk Mode” – THIN PROVISION!). Click Next
8.& If you’re an Oracle shop, you have a choice on step 8, otherwise just click Next.
9.& Chose a network (this will be based on the host you deployed to), and how to assign IP information including the host name –
This MUST match DNS.
I’ll select static as that is what I would want to do for this type of server. Finally enter the NTP server and click next (I’ve also enabled SSH so I can connect directly to the virtual machine.
VMware vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) installation – Network Settings
10.& Review the settings you’ve enter, make sure your IP information and host name are all correct and click Finish. The installation of vCenter and the VCSA will start. You’ll even see it installing packages, that’s right this is a ground up build, not just a bunch of packages pre-installed on a virtual machine!
VMware vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) installation process
Once the installation is complete, you can connect to https://fqdn/vsphere-client (no more 9443! One less question on the VCP6 I guess
So far on the release candidate I’ve had trouble deploying to a port group on a VDS (it gives errors almost immediately) even though it appears as a valid port group on the network settings page. It would be nice if VMware added more validation on the various steps to ensure there will be no errors during the installation. If you do run into an error, you need to re-run the installation wizard.
已发表评论数()
已收藏到推刊!
请填写推刊名
描述不能大于100个字符!
权限设置: 公开
仅自己可见
正文不准确
标题不准确
排版有问题
没有分页内容
图片无法显示
视频无法显示