ted演讲在哪个软件看不同国家看到的内容一样吗?

TED演讲者:Shou Chew / 周受资演讲标题:TikTok's CEO on its future — and what makes its algorithm different / TikTok首席执行官对其未来的看法,以及是什么让其算法与众不同内容概要:TikTok CEO Shou Chew dives into how the trend-setting video app and cultural phenomenon works — from what distinguishes its algorithm and drives virality to the challenges of content moderation and digital addiction. In a wide-ranging conversation with head of TED Chris Anderson, he tells stories about the TikTok creators he loves and digs into thorny issues like data privacy and government manipulation — as well as speaking personally about his commitment to inspiring creativity and building community.TikTok首席执行官周受资深入探讨了这一引领潮流的视频应用程序和文化现象是如何运作的——从其算法的区别和病毒性,到内容节制和数字成瘾的挑战。在与TED负责人克里斯·安德森(Chris Anderson)的广泛对话中,他告诉了他所喜爱的TikTok创作者的故事,并深入探讨了数据隐私和政府操纵等棘手问题,还亲自谈到了他对激发创造力和建设社区的承诺。*************************************************************************【1】Chris Anderson: It's very nice to have you here.克里斯.安德森:很高兴你能来。【2】Let's see.让我们看看。【3】First of all, congratulations.首先,祝贺你。【4】You really pulled off something remarkable on that grilling, you achieved something that very few people do, which was, you pulled off a kind of, a bipartisan consensus in US politics.你在那次盘问中真的取得了非凡的成绩, 你取得了很少有人能做到的成就, 这是,你在美国政治中达成的一种两党共识。【5】It was great.太棒了。【6】The bad news was that that consensus largely seemed to be: "We must ban TikTok."坏消息是,这种共识在很大程度上似乎是: “我们必须禁止TikTok。”【7】So we're going to come to that in a bit.所以我们稍后会讨论这个问题。【8】And I'm curious, but before we go there, we need to know about you.我很好奇,但在我们去那里之前,我们需要了解你的情况。【9】You seem to me like a remarkable person.在我看来,你是个了不起的人。【10】I want to know a bit of your story and how you came to TikTok in the first place.我想了解一下你的故事 以及你最初是如何来到TikTok的。【11】Shou Chew: Thank you, Chris.周受资:谢谢你,克里斯。【12】Before we do that, can I just check, need to know my audience, how many of you here use TikTok Oh, thank you.在我们这样做之前,我可以检查一下吗,需要了解我的观众, 你们有多少人使用TikTok 哦,谢谢你。【13】For those who don't, the Wi-Fi is free.对于那些没有的人,无线网络是免费的。【14】CA: There's another question, which is, how many of you here have had your lives touched through TikTok, through your kids and other people in your livesCA:还有一个问题,那就是, 你们中有多少人通过TikTok改变了自己的生活, 通过你的孩子和你生活中的其他人【15】SC: Oh, that's great to see.SC:哦,真是太好了。【16】CA: It's basically, if you're alive, you have had some kind of contact with TikTok at this point.CA:基本上,如果你还活着, 在这一点上,你已经与TikTok有了某种联系。【17】So tell us about you.告诉我们你的情况。【18】SC: So my name is Shou, and I'm from Singapore.SC:我叫寿,来自新加坡。【19】Roughly 10 years ago, I met with two engineers who were building a product.大约10年前, 我遇到了两位正在制造产品的工程师。【20】And the idea behind this was to build a product that recommended content to people not based on who they knew, which was, if you think about it, 10 years ago, the social graph was all in the rage.这背后的想法是制造一种产品 向人们推荐内容,而不是基于他们认识的人, 如果你仔细想想,那是10年前, 社交图谱风靡一时。【21】And the idea was, you know, your content and the feed that you saw should be based on people that you knew.当时的想法是,你知道, 你的内容和你看到的提要应该基于你认识的人。【22】But 10 years ago, these two engineers thought about something different, which is, instead of showing you - instead of showing you people you knew, why don't we show you content that you liked但10年前, 这两位工程师考虑了一些不同的事情, 也就是说,而不是给你看-- 而不是向你认识的人展示, 为什么我们不给你看你喜欢的内容【23】And that's sort of the genesis and the birth of the early iterations of TikTok.这就是起源和诞生 TikTok的早期迭代。【24】And about five years ago, with the advent of 4G, short video, mobile phone penetration, TikTok was born.大约五年前, 随着4G、短视频、手机的普及, TikTok诞生了。【25】And a couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to run this company, and it still excites me every single day.几年前, 我有机会经营这家公司, 它仍然让我每天都很兴奋。【26】CA: So I want to dig in a little more into this, about what was it that made this take-off so explosiveCA:所以我想再深入研究一下, 是什么让这次起飞如此具有爆炸性【27】Because the language I hear from people who spent time on it, it's sort of like I mean, it is a different level of addiction to other media out there.因为我从花时间学习的人那里听到的语言, 这有点像我的意思, 这是对其他媒体的不同程度的沉迷。【28】And I don't necessarily mean this in a good way, we'll be coming on to it.我的意思不一定是好的,我们会继续讨论的。【29】There's good and bad things about this type of addiction.这种毒瘾有好的一面,也有坏的一面。【30】But it's the feeling that within a couple of days of experience of TikTok, it knows you and it surprises you with things that you didn't know you were going to be interested in, but you are.但这是一种感觉 在体验TikTok的几天内, 它了解你,让你大吃一惊 那些你不知道自己会感兴趣的事情, 但你是。【31】Is it really just, instead of the social graph - What are these algorithms doing SC: I think to describe this, to begin to answer your question, we have to talk about the mission of the company.它真的只是,而不是社交图吗-- 这些算法在做什么 SC:我想描述一下,开始回答你的问题, 我们必须谈谈公司的使命。【32】Now the mission is to inspire creativity and to bring joy.现在的使命是激发创造力并带来欢乐。【33】And I think missions for companies like ours [are] really important.我认为像我们这样的公司的使命非常重要。【34】Because you have product managers working on the product every single day, and they need to have a North Star, you know, something to sort of, work towards together.因为产品经理每天都在处理产品, 他们需要一颗北极星,你知道, 共同努力的事情。【35】Now, based on this mission, our vision is to provide three things to our users.现在,基于这个任务, 我们的愿景是为用户提供三件事。【36】We want to provide a window to discover, and I'll talk about discovery, you talked about this, in a second.我们希望提供一个窗口来发现, 我将谈论发现,你稍后也谈到了这一点。【37】We want to give them a canvas to create, which is going to be really exciting with new technologies in AI that are going to help people create new things.我们想给他们一块画布来创作, 人工智能领域的新技术将非常令人兴奋 将帮助人们创造新事物。【38】And the final thing is bridges for people to connect.最后一件事是人们建立联系的桥梁。【39】So that's sort of the vision of what we're trying to build.所以这就是我们试图建立的愿景。【40】Now what really makes TikTok very unique and very different is the whole discovery engine behind it.现在是什么让TikTok非常独特和与众不同 是它背后的整个发现引擎。【41】So there are earlier apps that I have a lot of respect for, but they were built for a different purpose.因此,我非常尊重一些早期的应用程序, 但它们是为了不同的目的而建造的。【42】For example, in the era of search, you know, there was an app that was built for people who wanted to search things so that is more easily found.例如,在搜索时代,你知道, 有一个应用程序是为那些想搜索东西的人开发的 从而更容易找到。【43】And then in the era of social graphs, it was about connecting people and their followers.然后在社会图表时代, 这是关于连接人们和他们的追随者。【44】Now what we have done is that ... based on our machine-learning algorithms, we're showing people what they liked.现在我们所做的是。。。基于我们的机器学习算法, 我们向人们展示他们喜欢的东西。【45】And what this means is that we have given the everyday person a platform to be discovered.这意味着我们给了普通人 有待发现的平台。【46】If you have talent, it is very, very easy to get discovered on TikTok.如果你有天赋,在TikTok上很容易被发现。【47】And I'll just give you one example of this.我只给你举一个例子。【48】The biggest creator on TikTok is a guy called Khaby.TikTok上最大的创作者是一个叫Khaby的人。【49】Khaby was from Senegal, he lives in Italy, he was a factory worker.Khaby来自塞内加尔, 他住在意大利,是一名工厂工人。【50】He, for the longest time, didn't even speak in any of his videos.在很长一段时间里,他甚至没有在自己的任何视频中发言。【51】But what he did was he had talent.但他所做的是他有天赋。【52】He was funny, he had a good expression, he had creativity, so he kept posting.他很有趣,表情很好, 他很有创造力,所以他一直在发帖。【53】And today he has 160 million followers on our platform.如今,他在我们的平台上拥有1.6亿粉丝。【54】So every single day we hear stories like that, businesses, people with talent.所以我们每天都听到这样的故事, 企业,人才。【55】And I think it's very freeing to have a platform where, as long as you have talent, you're going to be heard and you have the chance to succeed.我认为有一个平台是非常自由的 只要你有天赋,你就会被听到 你就有机会成功。【56】And that's what we're providing to our users.这就是我们为用户提供的。【57】CA: So this is the amazing thing to me.CA:所以这对我来说是一件了不起的事情。【58】Like, most of us have grown up with, say, network television, where, for decades you've had thousands of brilliant, creative people toiling in the trenches, trying to imagine stuff that will be amazing for an audience.比如,我们大多数人都是在网络电视的陪伴下长大的, 几十年来,这里有成千上万才华横溢、富有创造力的人 在战壕里辛苦劳作, 试着想象那些对观众来说会很神奇的东西。【59】And none of them ever remotely came up with anything that looked like many of your creators.他们谁也没有想出任何办法 看起来像你的许多创造者。【60】So these algorithms, just by observing people's behavior and what they look like, have discovered things that thousands of brilliant humans never discovered.因此,这些算法, 只要观察人们的行为和他们的长相, 发现了成千上万才华横溢的人类从未发现的东西。【61】Tell me some of the things that it is looking at.告诉我它正在观察的一些事情。【62】So obvious things, like if someone presses like or stays on a video for a long time, that gives you a clue, "more like that."显而易见的事情,比如有人按下 或者长时间停留在视频上, 这给了你一个线索,“更像那样。”【63】But is it subject matter What are the array of things that you have noticed that you can actually track that provide useful clues但这是主题吗 有哪些东西 你已经注意到你实际上可以追踪 提供有用的线索【64】SC: I'm going to simplify this a lot, but the machine learning, the recommendation algorithm is really just math.SC:我会简化很多, 但是机器学习,推荐算法 真的只是数学。【65】So, for example, if you liked videos one, two, three and four, and I like videos one, two, three and five, maybe he liked videos one, two, three and six.例如,如果你喜欢视频一、二、三和四, 我喜欢视频一、二、三和五, 也许他喜欢视频一、二、三和六。【66】Now what's going to happen is, because we like one, two, three at the same time, he's going to be shown four, five, six, and so are we.现在要发生的是, 因为我们同时喜欢一个、两个、三个, 他将被展示四、五、六,我们也是。【67】And you can think about this repeated at scale in real time across more than a billion people.你可以实时考虑大规模重复 超过10亿人。【68】That's basically what it is, it's math.基本上就是这样,这就是数学。【69】And of course, you know, AI and machine learning has allowed this to be done at a very, very big scale.当然,你知道, 人工智能和机器学习使这一点得以实现 规模非常非常大。【70】And what we have seen, the result of this, is that it learns the interest signals that people exhibit very quickly and shows you content that's really relevant for you in a very quick way.我们所看到的,这一结果, 它学习兴趣信号 人们表现得很快 并向您展示与您真正相关的内容 以一种非常迅速的方式。【71】CA: So it's a form of collaborative filtering, from what you're saying.CA:所以这是一种合作过滤的形式,从你所说的内容来看。【72】The theory behind it is that these humans are weird people, we don't really know what they're interested in, but if we see that one human is interested,其背后的理论是,这些人都是奇怪的人, 我们真的不知道他们对什么感兴趣, 但如果我们看到一个人感兴趣,【73】with an overlap of someone else, chances are, you know, you could make use of the other pieces that are in that overlapped human's repertoire to feed them, and they'll be surprised.如果有其他人的重叠,你知道, 你可以利用其他部分 它们在重叠的人类的剧目中喂养它们, 他们会大吃一惊的。【74】But the reason they like it is because their pal also liked it.但他们喜欢它的原因是因为他们的朋友也喜欢它。【75】SC: It's pattern recognition based on your interest signals.SC:这是基于你的兴趣信号的模式识别。【76】And I think the other thing here is that we don't actually ask you 20 questions on whether you like a piece of content, you know, what are your interests, we don't do that.我认为这里的另一件事 我们实际上并没有问你20个问题 关于你是否喜欢一段内容,你知道,你的兴趣是什么, 我们不这么做。【77】We built that experience organically into the app experience.我们将这种体验有机地融入到应用程序体验中。【78】So you are voting with your thumbs by watching a video, by swiping it, by liking it, by sharing it, you are basically exhibiting interest signals.所以你通过观看视频用拇指投票, 通过刷它,通过点赞,通过分享, 你基本上表现出了兴趣信号。【79】And what it does mathematically is to take those signals, put it in a formula and then matches it through pattern recognition.它在数学上所做的就是获取这些信号, 把它放在一个公式中,然后通过模式识别进行匹配。【80】That's basically the idea behind it.这基本上就是它背后的想法。【81】CA: I mean, lots of start-ups have tried to use these types of techniques.CA:我的意思是,很多初创企业都试图使用这些类型的技术。【82】I'm wondering what else played a role early on I mean, how big a deal was it, that from the get-go you were optimizing for smartphones so that videos were shot in portrait format and they were short.我想知道早期还有什么发挥了作用 我的意思是,这有多重要, 从一开始你就在为智能手机进行优化 以便以人像格式拍摄视频 而且他们身材矮小。【83】Was that an early distinguishing thing that mattered SC: I think we were the first to really try this at scale.这是一件很重要的早期区别吗 SC:我认为我们是第一个真正大规模尝试的人。【84】You know, the recommendation algorithm is a very important reason as to why the platform is so popular among so many people.你知道,推荐算法是一个非常重要的原因 为什么这个平台在这么多人中如此受欢迎。【85】But beyond that, you know, you mentioned the format itself.但除此之外,你知道,你提到了格式本身。【86】So we talked about the vision of the company, which is to have a window to discover.所以我们讨论了公司的愿景, 这就是要有一个发现的窗口。【87】And if you just open the app for the first time, you'll see that it takes up your whole screen.如果你只是第一次打开应用程序, 你会看到它占据了你的整个屏幕。【88】So that's the window that we want.所以这就是我们想要的窗口。【89】You can imagine a lot of people using that window to discover new things in their lives.你可以想象很多人在使用那个窗口 去发现他们生活中的新事物。【90】Then, you know, through this recommendation algorithm, we have found that it connects people together.然后,你知道,通过这个推荐算法, 我们发现它将人们联系在一起。【91】People find communities, and I've heard so many stories of people who have found their communities because of the content that they're posting.人们发现社区, 我听过很多关于人们建立自己社区的故事 因为他们发布的内容。【92】Now, I'll give you an example.现在,我给你举个例子。【93】I was in DC recently, and I met with a bunch of creators.我最近在华盛顿,遇到了一群创作者。【94】CA: I heard.CA:我听说了。【95】SC: One of them was sitting next to me at a dinner, his name is Samuel.SC:其中一个在晚宴上坐在我旁边, 他的名字叫塞缪尔。【96】He runs a restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona, and it's a taco restaurant.他在亚利桑那州凤凰城经营一家餐厅,这是一家墨西哥玉米卷餐厅。【97】He told me he has never done this before, first venture.他告诉我,他以前从来没有这样做过,第一次冒险。【98】He started posting all this content on TikTok, and I saw his content, I was hungry after looking at it, it's great content.他开始在TikTok上发布所有这些内容, 我看到了他的内容, 我看了之后很饿,这很满足。【99】And he's generated so much interest in his business, that last year he made something like a million dollars in revenue just via TikTok.他对自己的生意产生了如此多的兴趣, 去年他赚了大约一百万美元 只是通过TikTok。【100】One restaurant.一家餐厅。【101】And again and again, I hear these stories, you know, by connecting people together, by giving people the window to discover, we have given many small businesses and many people, your common person, a voice that they will never otherwise have.一次又一次,我听到这些故事, 你知道,通过将人们联系在一起, 通过给人们一个发现的窗口, 我们给了许多小企业和许多人,你们的普通人, 否则他们将永远不会有这样的声音。【102】And I think that's the power of the platform.我认为这就是平台的力量。【103】CA: So you definitely have identified early just how we're social creatures, we need affirmation.CA:所以你肯定很早就发现了 我们是如何成为社会生物的,我们需要肯定。【104】I've heard a story, and you can tell me whether true or not, that one of the keys to your early liftoff was that you wanted to persuade creators who were trying out TikTok我听过一个故事, 你可以告诉我是不是真的, 你提前升空的钥匙之一 你想说服那些尝试TikTok的创作者【105】that this was a platform where they would get response, early on, when you're trying to grow something, the numbers aren't there for response.这是一个他们会得到回应的平台, 早些时候,当你试图种植一些东西时, 这些数字不是用来回应的。【106】So you had the brilliant idea of goosing those numbers a bit, basically finding ways to give people, you know, a bigger sense of like, more likes, more engagement than was actually the case, by using AI agents somehow in the process.所以你想出了一个绝妙的主意,把这些数字用谷歌搜索一下, 基本上是想办法给人们, 更大的喜欢感,更多的喜欢, 比实际情况更多的参与, 通过在这个过程中以某种方式使用人工智能代理。【107】Is that a brilliant idea, or is that just a myth SC: I would describe it in a different way.这是一个绝妙的想法,还是只是一个神话 SC:我会用不同的方式来描述它。【108】So there are other platforms that exist before TikTok.因此,在TikTok之前还有其他平台。【109】And if you think about those platforms, you sort of have to be famous already in order to get followers.如果你想想这些平台, 为了获得追随者,你必须已经很出名了。【110】Because the way it's built is that people come and follow people.因为它的建造方式是人们来追随人们。【111】And if you aren't already famous, the chances that you get discovered are very, very low.如果你还没有出名, 你被发现的几率非常非常低。【112】Now, what we have done, again, because of the difference in the way we're recommending content, is that we have given anyone, any single person with enough talent a stage to be able to be discovered.现在,我们所做的,再一次, 由于我们推荐内容的方式不同, 是我们给了任何人, 任何一个有足够天赋的人都有被发现的舞台。【113】And I think that actually is the single, probably the most important thing contributing to the growth of the platform.我认为这实际上是唯一的,可能是最重要的事情 为平台的发展做出贡献。【114】And again and again, you will hear stories from people who use the platform, who post regularly on it, that if they have something they want to say, the platform gives them the chance and the stage to connect with their audience in a way that I think no other product in the past has ever offered them.一次又一次,你会听到使用该平台的人的故事, 他们定期在上面发帖, 如果他们有什么想说的, 平台给了他们机会和舞台 与听众建立联系 在某种程度上,我认为过去没有其他产品提供过它们。【115】CA: So I'm just trying to play back what you said there.CA:所以我只是想回放一下你在那里说的话。【116】You said you were describing a different way what I said.你说你描述的方式和我说的不一样。【117】Is it then the case that like, to give someone a decent chance, someone who's brilliant but doesn't come with any followers initially, that you've got some technique to identify talent and that you will almost encourage them, you will give them some kind of, you know,那么,是不是为了给某人一个体面的机会, 一个才华横溢但一开始没有任何追随者的人, 你有一些识别人才的技巧 你几乎会鼓励他们, 你会给他们一些,你知道的,【118】artificially increase the number of followers or likes or whatever that they have, so that others are encouraged to go, "Wow, there's something there."人为增加关注者或点赞数量 或者不管他们有什么, 从而鼓励其他人去, “哇,那里有东西。”【119】Like it's this idea of critical mass that kind of, every entrepreneur, every party planner kind of knows about of "No, no, this is the hot place in town, everyone come,"就像这是临界质量的概念一样,每一个企业家, 每个派对策划人都知道 “不,不,这是城里最热的地方,大家都来。”【120】and that that is how you actually gain critical mass SC: We want to make sure that every person who posts a video is given an equal chance to be able to have some audience to begin with.这就是你实际获得临界质量的方式 SC:我们希望确保每个发布视频的人 被给予了平等的机会,能够从一开始就有一些观众。【121】But this idea that you are maybe alluding to, that we can get people to like something, it doesn't really work like that.但你可能暗指的这个想法, 我们可以让人们喜欢一些东西, 它并不是真的那样工作。【122】CA: Could you get AI agents to like something Could you seed the network with extra AI agents that could kind of, you know, give someone early encouragementCA:你能让人工智能代理喜欢点什么吗 你能在网络中植入额外的人工智能代理吗?你知道, 尽早给予某人鼓励【123】SC: Ultimately, what the machine does is it recognizes people's interests.SC:归根结底,机器所做的是承认人们的利益。【124】So if you post something that's not interesting to a lot of people, even if you gave it a lot of exposure, you're not going to get the virality that you want.所以,如果你发布了一些对很多人来说不感兴趣的东西, 即使你给了它很多曝光, 你不会得到你想要的病毒性。【125】So it's a lot of ...所以有很多。。。【126】There is no push here.这里没有推力。【127】It's not like you can go and push something, because I like Chris, I'm going to push your content, it doesn't work like that.这不像你可以去推什么东西, 因为我喜欢Chris,我要推送你的内容, 它不是那样工作的。【128】You've got to have a message that resonates with people, and if it does, then it will automatically just have the virality itself.你必须有一个能引起人们共鸣的信息, 如果是, 那么它就会自动地拥有病毒本身。【129】That's the beauty of user-generated content.这就是用户生成内容的美妙之处。【130】It's not something that can be engineered or over-thought.这不是一件可以精心设计或过度思考的事情。【131】It really is something that has to resonate with the audience.这确实是一件必须引起观众共鸣的事情。【132】And if it does, then it goes viral.如果真的发生了,那么它就会像病毒一样传播开来。【133】CA: Speaking privately with an investor who knows your company quite well, who said that actually the level of sophistication of the algorithms you have going is just another order of magnitude to what competitors like, you know, Facebook or YouTube have going.CA:与一位非常了解贵公司的投资者私下交谈, 谁说的实际上是复杂程度 你正在使用的算法 只是另一个数量级 你知道,像Facebook或YouTube这样的竞争对手正在走向什么。【134】Is that just hype or do you really believe you - like, how complex are these algorithms SC: Well, I think in terms of complexity, there are many companies who have a lot of resources and a lot of talent.这只是炒作还是你真的相信你-- 比如,这些算法有多复杂 SC:嗯,我认为就复杂性而言, 有很多公司拥有大量的资源 还有很多人才。【135】They will figure out even the most complex algorithms.他们甚至会找出最复杂的算法。【136】I think what is very different is your mission of your company, how you started the company.我认为与您公司的使命截然不同的是, 你是如何创办这家公司的。【137】Like I said, you know, we started with this idea that this was the main use case.就像我说的,你知道,我们从这个想法开始 这是主要的用例。【138】The most important use case is you come and you get to see recommended content.最重要的用例是你来了,你可以看到推荐的内容。【139】Now for some other apps out there, they are very significant and have a lot of users, they are built for a different original purpose.现在,对于其他一些应用程序, 它们非常重要并且有很多用户, 它们是为不同的原始目的而建造的。【140】And if you are built for something different, then your users are used to that because the community comes in and they expect that sort of experience.如果你是为不同的东西而生, 那么你的用户已经习惯了 因为社区参与进来,他们期待这种体验。【141】So I think the pivot away from that is not really just a matter of engineering and algorithms, it's a matter of what your company is built to begin with.所以我认为偏离这一点 实际上不仅仅是工程和算法的问题, 这是一个问题,你的公司是从什么开始建立的。【142】Which is why I started this by saying you need to have a vision, you need to have a mission, and that's the North Star.这就是为什么我一开始就说你需要有一个愿景, 你需要有一个任务,那就是北极星。【143】You can't just shift it halfway.你不能半途而废。【144】CA: Right.CA:对。【145】And is it fair to say that because your start point has been interest algorithms rather than social graph algorithms, you've been able to avoid some of the worst of the sort of,这样说公平吗 因为你的起点是兴趣算法 而不是社交图算法, 你已经能够避免一些最糟糕的情况,【146】the filter bubbles that have happened in other social media where you have tribes kind of declaring war on each other effectively.其他社交媒体中出现的过滤泡沫 在那里,部落之间有效地宣战。【147】And so much of the noise and energy is around that.很多噪音和能量都围绕着这个。【148】Do you believe that you've largely avoided that on TikTok SC: The diversity of content that our users see is very key.你相信你在TikTok上基本上避免了这种情况吗 SC:我们的用户看到的内容的多样性是非常关键的。【149】You know, in order for the discovery -- the mission is to discover - sorry, the vision is to discover.你知道,为了发现 任务是发现-- 对不起,愿景是发现。【150】So in order to facilitate that, it is very important to us that what the users see is a diversity of content.因此,为了促进这一点, 这对我们来说非常重要 用户看到的是内容的多样性。【151】Now, generally speaking, you know, there are certain issues that you mentioned that the industry faces, you know.现在,一般来说,你知道, 你提到了一些问题 你知道,这个行业面临的问题。【152】There are some bad actors who come on the internet, they post bad content.互联网上出现了一些坏演员, 他们发布不良内容。【153】Now our approach is that we have very clear community guidelines.现在我们的做法是,我们有非常明确的社区指导方针。【154】We're very transparent about what is allowed and what is not allowed on our platform.我们对允许的内容非常透明 以及我们平台上不允许的内容。【155】No executives make any ad hoc decisions.没有高管做出任何临时决定。【156】And based on that, we have built a team that is tens of thousands of people plus machines in order to identify content that is bad and actively and proactively remove it from the platform.基于此, 我们已经建立了一个由数万人和机器组成的团队 以便识别不良内容 并主动地将其从平台中移除。【157】CA: Talk about what some of those key guidelines are.CA:谈谈其中一些关键的指导方针是什么。【158】SC: We have it published on our website.SC:我们已经在我们的网站上发布了。【159】In March, we just iterated a new version to make it more readable.三月份,我们刚刚迭代了一个新版本,使其可读性更强。【160】So there are many things like, for example, no pornography, clearly no child sexual abuse material and other bad things, no violence, for example.所以有很多事情,比如,没有色情, 显然没有儿童性虐待材料和其他不好的东西, 例如,没有暴力。【161】We also make it clear that it's a differentiated experience if you're below 18 years old.我们还明确表示,这是一种差异化的体验 如果你不满18岁。【162】So if you're below 18 years old, for example, your entire app experience is actually more restricted.例如,如果你不满18岁, 你的整个应用程序体验实际上受到了更多的限制。【163】We don't allow, as an example, users below 16, by default, to go viral.例如,我们不允许, 默认情况下,16岁以下的用户会迅速走红。【164】We don't allow that.我们不允许这样。【165】If you're below 16, we don't allow you to use the instant messaging feature in app.如果你低于16岁, 我们不允许您在应用程序中使用即时消息功能。【166】If you're below 18, we don't allow you to use the livestreaming features.如果您未满18岁,我们不允许您使用直播功能。【167】And of course, we give parents a whole set of tools to control their teenagers' experience as well.当然,我们给父母提供了一整套工具 以控制青少年的体验。【168】CA: How do you know the age of your users SC: In our industry, we rely mainly on something called age gating, which is when you sign up for the app for the first time and we ask you for the age.CA:你怎么知道用户的年龄 SC:在我们的行业中,我们主要依靠一种叫做年龄门控的东西, 那是你第一次注册该应用程序的时候 我们问你年龄。【169】Now, beyond that, we also have built tools to go through your public profile for example, when you post a video, we try to match the age that you said with the video that you just posted.现在,除此之外, 我们还构建了一些工具来查看您的公共档案,例如, 当你发布视频时, 我们试图将你所说的年龄与你刚刚发布的视频相匹配。【170】Now, there are questions of can we do more And the question always has, for every company, by the way, in our industry, has to be balanced with privacy.现在,问题是我们能做得更多吗 顺便说一句,对于每一家公司来说,这个问题总是存在的, 在我们的行业中,必须与隐私保持平衡。【171】Now, if, for example, we scan the faces of every single user, then we will significantly increase the ability to tell their age.现在,例如,如果我们扫描每个用户的面部, 那么我们将显著提高判断他们年龄的能力。【172】But we will also significantly increase the amount of data that we collect on you.但我们也将大幅增加数据量 我们向您收取的费用。【173】Now, we don't want to collect data.现在,我们不想收集数据。【174】We don't want to scan data on your face to collect that.我们不想扫描你脸上的数据来收集这些数据。【175】So that balance has to be maintained, and it's a challenge that we are working through together with industry, together with the regulators as well.因此必须保持这种平衡, 这是我们正在努力克服的一个挑战 与工业界以及监管机构共同努力。【176】CA: So look, one thing that is unquestionable is that you have created a platform for literally millions of people who never thought they were going to be a content creator.CA:看,有一件事是毋庸置疑的 你已经为数百万人创建了一个平台 他们从未想过自己会成为一名内容创作者。【177】You've given them an audience.你给了他们听众。【178】I'd actually like to hear from you one other favorite example of someone who TikTok has given an audience to that never had that before.事实上,我想听听你最喜欢的另一个例子 一个TikTok给观众的人 以前从未有过这种情况。【179】SC: So when again, when I travel around the world, I meet with a whole bunch of creators on our platform.SC:所以当再次出现时, 当我环游世界时, 我在我们的平台上遇到了一群创作者。【180】I was in South Korea just yesterday, and before that I met with -- yes, before that I met with a bunch of -我昨天刚刚在韩国,在那之前我遇到了 是的, 在那之前,我遇到了一群--【181】People don't expect, for example, teachers.例如,人们不期望有老师。【182】There is an English teacher from Arkansas.有一位来自阿肯色州的英语老师。【183】Her name is Claudine, and I met her in person.她叫Claudine,我亲自见到了她。【184】She uses our platform to reach out to students.她利用我们的平台接触学生。【185】There is another teacher called Chemical Kim.还有一位老师叫Chemical Kim。【186】And Chemical Kim teaches chemistry.Chemical Kim教授化学。【187】What she does is she uses our platform to reach out to a much broader student base than she has in her classroom.她所做的就是利用我们的平台 接触更广泛的学生群体 比她在教室里做的还要多。【188】And they're both very, very popular.它们都非常非常受欢迎。【189】You know, in fact, what we have realized is that STEM content has over 116 billion views on our platform globally.你知道,事实上, 我们已经意识到STEM内容 在我们的平台上,全球浏览量超过1160亿。【190】And it's so significant - CA: In a year SC: Cumulatively.而且意义重大-- CA:一年内 SC:累计。【191】CA: [116] billion.加拿大:[116]亿。【192】SC: It's so significant, that in the US we have started testing, creating a feed just for STEM content.SC:这非常重要,以至于我们已经开始在美国进行测试, 为STEM内容创建一个提要。【193】Just for STEM content.仅用于STEM内容。【194】I've been using it for a while, and I learned something new.我已经用了一段时间了,我学到了一些新东西。【195】You want to know what it is Apparently if you flip an egg on your tray, the egg will last longer.你想知道它是什么 显然,如果你在托盘上翻转一个鸡蛋, 鸡蛋会保存更长时间。【196】It's science, there's a whole video on this, I learned this on TikTok.这是科学, 有一整段关于这个的视频,我在TikTok上学到了。【197】You can search for this.你可以搜索这个。【198】CA: You want to know something else about an egg If you put it in just one hand and squeeze it as hard as you can, it will never break.CA:你想知道关于鸡蛋的其他事情吗 如果你只把它放在一只手上,尽可能用力地捏, 它永远不会坏。【199】SC: Yes, I think I read about that, too.SC:是的,我想我也读过这个。【200】CA: It's not true.CA:这不是真的。【201】SC: We can search for it.SC:我们可以搜索。【202】CA: But look, here's here's the flip side to all this amazingness.CA:但你看,这是所有这些令人惊讶的另一面。【203】And honestly, this is the key thing, that I want to have an honest, heart-to-heart conversation with you because it's such an important issue, this question of human addiction.老实说,这是关键, 我想和你进行一次坦诚的、发自内心的交谈 因为这是一个非常重要的问题, 这个关于人类成瘾的问题。【204】You know, we are ...你知道,我们。。。【205】animals with a prefrontal cortex.有前额叶皮层的动物。【206】That's how I think of us.这就是我对我们的看法。【207】We have these addictive instincts that go back millions of years, and we often are in the mode of trying to modulate our own behavior.我们有这种上瘾的本能可以追溯到数百万年前, 我们经常处于试图调节自己行为的模式中。【208】It turns out that the internet is incredibly good at activating our animal cells and getting them so damn excited.事实证明,互联网非常好 激活我们的动物细胞 让他们如此兴奋。【209】And your company, the company you've built, is better at it than any other company on the planet, I think.还有你的公司,你建立的公司, 我认为它比世界上任何其他公司都更擅长。【210】So what are the risks of this I mean, how ...那么这样做有什么风险 我的意思是,怎么。。。【211】From a company point of view, for example, it's in your interest to have people on there as long as possible.例如从公司的角度来看, 让人们尽可能长时间地呆在那里符合你的利益。【212】So some would say, as a first pass, you want people to be addicted as long as possible.所以有人会说,作为第一次通过, 你希望人们尽可能长时间地上瘾。【213】That's how advertising money will flow and so forth, and that's how your creators will be delighted.这就是广告资金的流动方式等等, 这就是你的创造者将如何感到高兴。【214】What is too much SC: I don't actually agree with that.什么太过分了 SC:我其实并不同意。【215】You know, as a company, our goal is not to optimize and maximize time spent.你知道,作为一家公司, 我们的目标不是优化和最大化所花费的时间。【216】It is not.事实并非如此。【217】In fact, in order to address people spending too much time on our platform, we have done a number of things.事实上,为了解决人们在我们的平台上花费太多时间的问题, 我们已经做了很多事情。【218】I was just speaking with some of your colleagues backstage.我刚刚在后台和你的一些同事交谈。【219】One of them told me she has encountered this as well.其中一人告诉我,她也遇到过这种情况。【220】If you spend too much time on our platform, we will proactively send you videos to tell you to get off the platform.如果您在我们的平台上花费太多时间, 我们会主动向您发送视频,告诉您离开平台。【221】We will.我们将。【222】And depending on the time of the day, if it's late at night, it will come sooner.根据一天中的时间, 如果是深夜,它会来得更快。【223】We have also built in tools to limit, if you below 18 years old, by default, we set a 60-minute default time limit.我们还内置了限制的工具, 如果您未满18岁,默认情况下, 我们设置了60分钟的默认时间限制。【224】CA: How many SC: Sixty minutes.CA:有多少 SC:60分钟。【225】And we've given parents tools and yourself tools, if you go to settings, you can set your own time limit.我们给了父母工具和自己工具, 如果您进入设置,您可以设置自己的时间限制。【226】We've given parents tools so that you can pair, for the parents who don't know this, go to settings, family pairing, you can pair your phone with your teenager's phone and set the time limit.我们给了父母工具,这样你就可以配对, 对于不知道这一点的父母,去设置,家庭配对, 你可以将你的手机与青少年的手机配对 并设置时间限制。【227】And we really encourage parents to have these conversations with their teenagers on what is the right amount of screen time.我们真的鼓励父母与他们的青少年进行这些对话 正确的屏幕时间。【228】I think there's a healthy relationship that you should have with your screen, and as a business, we believe that that balance needs to be met.我认为你应该与屏幕建立一种健康的关系, 作为一家企业,我们认为这种平衡需要得到满足。【229】So it's not true that we just want to maximize time spent.因此,我们只是想最大限度地延长所花费的时间,这不是真的。【230】CA: If you were advising parents here what time they should actually recommend to their teenagers, what do you think is the right settingCA:如果你在这里为父母提供建议 他们应该向青少年推荐什么时间, 你认为什么环境合适【231】SC: Well, 60 minutes, we did not come up with it ourselves.SC:嗯,60分钟, 这不是我们自己想出来的。【232】So I went to the Digital Wellness Lab at the Boston Children's Hospital, and we had this conversation with them.所以我去了波士顿儿童医院的数字健康实验室, 我们和他们进行了这次谈话。【233】And 60 minutes was the recommendation that they gave to us, which is why we built this into the app.60分钟是他们给我们的建议, 这就是为什么我们在应用程序中内置了这个功能。【234】So 60 minutes, take it for what it is, it's something that we've had some discussions of experts.所以60分钟,顺其自然, 这是我们已经与专家们进行了一些讨论。【235】But I think for all parents here, it is very important to have these conversations with your teenage children and help them develop a healthy relationship with screens.但我认为,对于这里的所有父母来说, 与你十几岁的孩子进行这些对话是非常重要的 并帮助他们与屏幕建立健康的关系。【236】I think we live in an age where it's completely inevitable that we're going to interact with screens and digital content, but I think we should develop healthy habits early on in life, and that's something I would encourage.我认为我们生活在一个完全不可避免的时代 我们将与屏幕和数字内容进行交互, 但我认为我们应该在生命的早期养成健康的习惯, 这是我鼓励的。【237】CA: Curious to ask the audience, which of you who have ever had that video on TikTok appear saying, "Come off."CA:好奇地问观众, 你们中有谁在TikTok上看过那个视频 说:“来吧。?±【238】OK, I mean ...好吧,我的意思是。。。【239】So maybe a third of the audience seem to be active TikTok users, and about 20 people maybe put their hands up there.因此,也许三分之一的观众似乎是活跃的TikTok用户, 大概有20个人把手放在那里。【240】Are you sure that - like, it feels to me like this is a great thing to have, but are you ...你确定吗-- 我觉得这是一件很棒的事情, 但是你。。。【241】isn't there always going to be a temptation in any given quarter or whatever, to just push it a bit at the boundary and just dial back a bit on that so that you can hit revenue goals, etc不是总是会有诱惑吗 在任何给定的季度或其他时间, 把它推到边界 然后再拨回去 以便实现收入目标等【242】Are you saying that this is used scrupulously SC: I think, you know, in terms ...你是说这是严格使用的吗 SC:我认为,你知道,就。。。【243】Even if you think about it from a commercial point of view, it is always best when your customers have a very healthy relationship with your product.即使你从商业角度考虑, 当你的客户关系非常健康时,这总是最好的 使用您的产品。【244】It's always best when it's healthy.健康的时候总是最好的。【245】So if you think about very short-term retention, maybe, but that's not the way we think about it.所以,如果你考虑非常短期的保留,也许, 但我们不是这样想的。【246】If you think about it from a longer-term perspective, what you really want to have is a healthy relationship, you know.如果你从更长远的角度考虑, 你知道,你真正想要的是一段健康的关系。【247】You don't want people to develop very unhealthy habits, and then at some point they're going to drop it.你不希望人们养成非常不健康的习惯, 然后在某个时候他们会放弃它。【248】So I think everything in moderation.所以我认为一切都要适度。【249】CA: There's a claim out there that in China, there's a much more rigorous standards imposed on the amount of time that children, especially, can spend on the TikTok equivalent of that.CA:有一种说法是,在中国, 在时间上有一个更严格的标准 尤其是孩子们,可以在类似的TikTok上消费。【250】SC: That is unfortunately a misconception.SC:不幸的是,这是一种误解。【251】So that experience that is being mentioned for Douyin, which is a different app, is for an under 14-year-old experience.因此,抖音提到的这段经历, 这是一个不同的应用程序, 适合14岁以下的孩子。【252】Now, if you compare that in the United States, we have an under-13 experience in the US.现在,如果你比较一下美国的情况, 我们在美国有13岁以下的经历。【253】It's only available in the US, it's not available here in Canada, in Canada, we just don't allow it.它只在美国提供,在加拿大没有, 在加拿大,我们就是不允许。【254】If you look at the under-13 experience in the US, it's much more restricted than the under-14 experience in China.如果你看看13岁以下儿童在美国的经历, 这比中国14岁以下儿童的经历要受限得多。【255】It's so restrictive, that every single piece of content is vetted by our third-party child safety expert.限制性太强了, 每一条内容都经过审查 由我们的第三方儿童安全专家提供。【256】And we don't allow any under-13s in the US to publish, we don't allow them to post, and we don't allow them to use a lot of features.我们不允许美国任何13岁以下的人发表, 我们不允许他们发布, 而且我们不允许他们使用很多功能。【257】So I think that that report, I've seen that report too, it's not doing a fair comparison.所以我认为那个报告,我也看过那个报告, 这不是一个公平的比较。【258】CA: What do you make of this issue You know, you've got these millions of content creators and all of them, in a sense, are in a race for attention, and that race can pull them in certain directions.CA:你怎么看待这个问题 你知道,你有数百万的内容创作者 从某种意义上说,他们都在争夺关注, 这场比赛可以把他们拉向某些方向。【259】So, for example, teenage girls on TikTok, sometimes people worry that, to win attention, they've discovered that by being more sexual that they can gain extra viewers.例如,TikTok上的少女, 有时人们担心,为了赢得关注, 他们发现,通过更性感 他们可以获得额外的观众。【260】Is this a concern Is there anything you can do about this SC: We address this in our community guidelines as well.这是一个问题吗 对此你能做些什么吗 SC:我们在社区指南中也提到了这一点。【261】You know, if you look at sort of the sexualized content on our guidelines, if you're below a certain age, you know, for certain themes that are mature, we actually remove that from your experience.你们知道,若你们看看我们指南中的色情内容, 如果您未满一定年龄, 你知道,对于某些成熟的主题, 我们实际上从你的经验中删除了这一点。【262】Again, I come back to this, you know, we want to have a safe platform.我再次回到这个问题上, 你知道,我们想要一个安全的平台。【263】In fact, at my congressional hearing, I made four commitments to our users and to the politicians in the US.事实上,在我的国会听证会上, 我向我们的用户和美国政界人士做出了四项承诺。【264】And the first one is that we take safety, especially for teenagers, extremely seriously, and we will continue to prioritize that.第一个是我们要注意安全,尤其是对青少年来说, 极其严重地, 我们将继续优先考虑这一点。【265】You know, I believe that we need to give our teenage users, and our users in general, a very safe experience, because if we don't do that, then we cannot fulfill - the mission is to inspire creativity and to bring joy.你知道,我认为我们需要给我们的青少年用户, 以及我们的用户, 非常安全的体验, 因为如果我们不这样做, 那么我们就无法实现-- 我们的使命是激发创造力并带来欢乐。【266】If they don't feel safe, I cannot fulfill my mission.如果他们感到不安全,我就无法完成我的使命。【267】So it's all very organic to me as a business to make sure I do that.所以作为一家企业,这一切对我来说都是非常有机的 以确保我做到这一点。【268】CA: But in the strange interacting world of human psychology and so forth, weird memes can take off.CA:但在人类心理学等奇怪的互动世界中, 奇怪的模因可以流行起来。【269】I mean, you had this outbreak a couple years back with these devious licks where kids were competing with each other to do vandalism in schools and, you know, get lots of followers from it.我的意思是,你几年前就爆发过这种疫情 用这些狡猾的舔舐,孩子们互相竞争 在学校里做破坏行为,你知道, 从中获得很多追随者。【270】How on Earth do you battle something like that SC: So dangerous challenges are not allowed on our platform.你到底是如何与这样的事情作斗争的 SC:所以危险的挑战是不允许出现在我们的平台上的。【271】If you look at our guidelines, it's violative.如果你看看我们的指导方针,那就是违反了。【272】We proactively invest resources to identify them and remove them from our platform.我们积极投入资源来识别他们 并将它们从我们的平台上删除。【273】In fact, if you search for dangerous challenges on our platform today, we will redirect you to a safety resource page.事实上,如果你今天在我们的平台上搜索危险的挑战, 我们将重定向到安全资源页面。【274】And we actually worked with some creators as well to come up with campaigns.事实上,我们也与一些创作者合作,推出了一些活动。【275】This is another campaign.这是另一场运动。【276】It's the "Stop, Think, Decide Before You Act" campaign where we work with the creators to produce videos, to explain to people that some things are dangerous, please don't do it.这是“行动之前停下来,思考,决定”运动 我们与创作者合作制作视频, 向人们解释有些事情是危险的, 请不要这样做。【277】And we post these videos actively on our platform as well.我们也在我们的平台上积极发布这些视频。【278】CA: That's cool.CA:太酷了。【279】And you've got lots of employees.而且你有很多员工。【280】I mean, how many employees do you have who are specifically looking at these content moderation things, or is that the wrong question我的意思是,你有多少员工 专门研究这些内容审核的人, 还是这个问题不对【281】Are they mostly identified by AI initially and then you have a group who are overseeing and making the final decision他们最初主要是由人工智能识别的吗 然后你有一个小组在监督 并做出最终决定【282】SC: The group is based in Ireland and it's a lot of people, it's tens of thousands of people.SC:该组织总部设在爱尔兰,有很多人, 成千上万的人。【283】CA: Tens of thousands SC: It's one of the most important cost items on my PnL, and I think it's completely worth it.加利福尼亚州:数万 SC:这是我的PnL中最重要的成本项目之一, 我认为这是完全值得的。【284】Now, most of the moderation has to be done by machines.现在,大部分的调节都必须由机器来完成。【285】The machines are good, they're quite good, but they're not as good as, you know, they're not perfect at this point.机器很好,非常好, 但它们不如,你知道, 他们在这一点上并不完美。【286】So you have to complement them with a lot of human beings today.因此,你必须用今天的许多人来补充它们。【287】And I think, by the way, a lot of the progress in AI in general is making that kind of content moderation capabilities a lot better.顺便说一句,我认为人工智能总体上取得了很多进展 正在使这种内容审核功能变得更好。【288】So we're going to get more precise.所以我们会变得更加精确。【289】You know, we're going to get more specific.你知道,我们会变得更加具体。【290】And it's going to be able to handle larger scale.它将能够处理更大的规模。【291】And that's something I think that I'm personally looking forward to.这是我个人非常期待的事情。【292】CA: What about this perceived huge downside of use of, certainly Instagram, I think TikTok as well.CA:这种被认为是巨大的负面影响怎么办 使用,当然是Instagram,我认为TikTok也是如此。【293】What people worry that you are amplifying insecurities, especially of teenagers and perhaps especially of teenage girls.人们担心你会加剧不安全感, 尤其是青少年 也许尤其是十几岁的女孩。【294】They see these amazing people on there doing amazing things, they feel inadequate, there's all these reported cases of depression, insecurity, suicide and so forth.他们看到这些了不起的人在那里做着了不起的事情, 他们感到不足, 有所有这些关于抑郁症、不安全感、, 自杀等等。【295】SC: I take this extremely seriously.SC:我非常认真地对待这件事。【296】So in our guidelines, for certain themes that we think are mature and not suitable for teenagers, we actually proactively remove it from their experience.因此,在我们的指导方针中, 对于某些我们认为成熟且不适合青少年的主题, 实际上,我们主动将其从他们的经验中删除。【297】At the same time, if you search certain terms, we will make sure that you get redirected to a resource safety page.同时,如果您搜索某些术语, 我们将确保您被重定向到资源安全页面。【298】Now we are always working with experts to understand some of these new trends that could emerge and proactively try to manage them, if that makes sense.现在,我们一直在与专家合作,以了解其中的一些新趋势 可能会出现 如果有意义的话,主动尝试管理它们。【299】Now, this is a problem that predates us, that predates TikTok.现在,这是一个早在我们之前的问题, 早于TikTok。【300】It actually predates the internet.它实际上早于互联网。【301】But it's our responsibility to make sure that we invest enough to understand and to address the concerns, to keep the experience as safe as possible for as many people as possible.但我们有责任确保 我们投入足够的资金来理解和解决这些问题, 尽可能保证体验的安全 为了尽可能多的人。【302】CA: Now, in Congress, the main concern seemed to be not so much what we've talked about, but data, the data of users, the fact that you're owned by ByteDance, Chinese company, and the concern that at any momentCA:现在,在国会, 主要的担忧似乎与其说是我们谈论的内容, 但是数据, 事实上,你是中国公司字节跳动的所有人, 以及在任何时候【303】Chinese government might require or ask for data.中国政府可能会要求或要求提供数据。【304】And in fact, there have been instances where, I think you've confirmed, that some data of journalists on the platform was made available to ByteDance's engineers and from there, who knows what.事实上,也有这样的例子 我想你已经证实了, 平台上记者的一些数据 已提供给字节跳动的工程师 从那以后,谁知道呢。【305】Now, your response to this was to have this Project Texas, where you're moving data to be controlled by Oracle here in the US.现在,你对此的回应是有这个德克萨斯项目, 在美国,您正在将数据移动到由Oracle控制的位置。【306】Can you talk about that project and why, if you believe it so, why we should not worry so much about this issue你能谈谈这个项目吗?如果你相信的话,为什么, 为什么我们不应该那么担心这个问题【307】SC: I will say a couple of things about this, if you don't mind.SC:如果你不介意的话,我会说几件事。【308】The first thing I would say is that the internet is built on global interoperability, and we are not the only company that relies on the global talent pool to make our products as good as possible.我想说的第一件事是互联网已经建立起来了 关于全球互操作性, 我们并不是唯一一家依赖全球人才库的公司 使我们的产品尽可能好。【309】Technology is a very collaborative effort.技术是一项非常协作的工作。【310】I think many people here would say the same thing.我想这里的很多人都会说同样的话。【311】So we are not the first company to have engineers in all countries, including in China.因此,我们并不是第一家在所有国家都有工程师的公司, 包括在中国。【312】We're not the first one.我们不是第一个。【313】Now, I understand some of these concerns.现在,我理解了其中的一些担忧。【314】You know, the data access by employees is not data accessed by government.你知道,员工访问的数据不是政府访问的数据。【315】This is very different, and there's a clear difference in this.这是非常不同的,在这一点上有明显的区别。【316】But we hear the concerns that are raised in the United States.但我们听到了美国提出的担忧。【317】We did not try to avoid discussing.我们没有试图回避讨论。【318】We did not try to argue our way out of it.我们没有试图通过争论来摆脱困境。【319】What we did was we built an unprecedented project where we localize American data to be stored on American soil by an American company overseen by American personnel.我们所做的是建立了一个前所未有的项目 我们将美国数据本地化存储在美国本土 由一家由美国人员监管的美国公司。【320】So this kind of protection for American data is beyond what any other company in our industry has ever done.所以这种对美国数据的保护 是我们行业中任何其他公司都无法做到的。【321】Well, money is not the only issue here, but it's very expensive to build something like that.钱不是唯一的问题, 但是建造这样的东西非常昂贵。【322】And more importantly, you know, we are basically localizing data in a way that no other company has done.更重要的是,你知道, 我们基本上以其他公司所没有的方式对数据进行本地化。【323】So we need to be very careful that whilst we are pursuing what we call digital sovereignty in the US and we are also doing a version of this in Europe, that we don't balkanize the internet.因此,我们需要非常小心,在追求的同时 我们称之为美国的数字主权 我们也在欧洲做类似的事情, 我们不会把互联网巴尔干化。

打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片
刷微博的时候,大家经常会看到关于TED的视频。TED的演讲内容五花八门,内容让人脑洞大开:人工智能,黄蜂把蟑螂变成僵尸守卫他们后代,贩卖人口,秘密美国监狱,怎样才能快乐,'暗网',如何反抗欺凌,海洋生物,误导的艺术等,五花八门。这也使得TED成为我们学习语言的有利工具。一起和学霸君看看吧!接下来学霸君还会更加努力给大家带来考试干货、学霸技能、和备考经验的!快来点击标题下方的北美学霸君关注我,么么哒!
打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片
文|王木木From 雅思中国网微信号:ieltsimTED演讲已经在全球范围内吸引了39亿次观看,平均每天300多万次。每天有大约8场TED演讲正在世界各地开展。今天我们就来扒一下TED。什么是TED TED是一个会议的名称,technology, entertainment, design三个单词的首字母缩写。TED是社会各界精英交流的盛会,它鼓励各种创新思想的展示、碰撞。
打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片
大凡有机会来到 TED 大会现场作演讲的均有非同寻常的经历,他们要么是某一领域的佼佼者,要么是某一新兴领域的开创人,要么是做出了某些足以给社会带来改观的创举。每一个 TED 演讲的时间通常都是18分钟以内,但是,由于演讲者对于自己所从事的事业有一种深深的热爱,他们的演讲也往往最能打动听者的心,并引起人们的思考与进一步探索。TED X又是什么鬼 基于传播有价值想法的初衷,TED 创办了其旗下的组织 TEDx。TEDx 是非官方,自发性的活动项目——及在全球任何地方,只要当地团队申请得到批准,便可以以TEDx的名义来组织活动。其形式与 TED 基本一致——邀请一些有趣、想法奇特的人来演讲。
打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片
打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片
打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片
对TED的认识误区 1.TED核心是Ideas worth spreading那么演讲者一定要时刻清楚自己是在介绍一个idea,我需要提醒一下,这个idea可以是任何一样的东西,不一定要是积极的,能够振奋人心的。相反也可能是消极的,让人深思的,这方面TED有着很大的容忍度。因此,演讲这个词可能不能很好地诠释TED,它旨在传递一个idea!2.TEDx的核心是为你的社区服务申办者可能会考虑社区的需求。(Communitiy sense is valued here)如果演讲者能够把一些好的,服务于社区的观点,创意,想法拿出来,是非常受到欢迎的。因此可以考虑去本土地区或者周边的社区,找找看有没有TED的活动,本地的演讲者能够帮组织方节约经费,更加受欢迎。3.控制现场气氛是最基本的能力这是一个演讲者的基本素质。说了这么多内容,其实还有更多没说的,就是想强调一点,请确认您是否是一个合格,没错仅仅是合格的,TED TALK SPEAKER。TED使用指南 1.简单了解自己感兴趣的话题这种情况下观看过程中不需要有太大的任务感,但是在找TED视频时需要有较大的针对性。当然看过之后,你可以在和人闲聊的时候将你看过的东西用自己的话向他人做一次信息的整合和二次输出,既帮助自己加深了理解,而且可以增加话题。2.深入系统了解某个问题如果是这种抱着很认真、学术的态度看TED,那么选材非常关键。TED里面有TED_Studies版面,是针对同一个Topic的不同的TED演讲,一般一个TOPIC下面有10+左右各TED视频。在看的过程中,更加注意内容,最好可以利用笔记本用笔随时记录下不同的知识点(建议用笔纸记录之后可以整理成电子版)、需要注意的内容等,同时在看过后进行总结,辅助以相关的书籍进行知识拓展,同时可以加入讨论版进行讨论,但是知识的梳理和总结肯定是最关键的。但其实如果想深入系统了解某个问题,TED并不是最佳选择,更多的是一个抛砖引玉的启发作用。3.提高表达能力TED很大的一个特点就是要在较短的时间内把一个问题讲清楚、讲生动,所以做TED的人身上有很多可以学习的公共演讲技巧。如果想通过学习TED的演讲者提升自己的语言表达能力尤其是演讲技巧,那么看的过程中关注点就要放在演讲者的逻辑组织、语言表达技巧、站姿和手势以及相匹配的PPT是如何设计的。要从具体的内容中跳脱出来,反观其逻辑,“为什么演讲者要在开头讲这个故事”“演讲者是如何调动现场气氛的”“演讲者使用了哪些技巧将复杂的问题简单化”等等,可以做简单的总结。当然更重要的是有了榜样和理论后寻找机会进行实际的锻炼。4.纯粹作为生活消遣如果是这个,就let it be吧。。。生活本来就如此艰辛不用做什么事情都带着目的重点推荐给大家几个必看的TED合集!1.【如何不对世界感到无知】Hans Rosling在TED上经常可以看到他的身影,他善于用数据说话,同时演讲也很有风趣。2.【开放资源促进文明的蓝图】在这里,你可以看到开源世界的美好未来。3.【我的朝鲜逃亡记】主人公Hyeonseo Lee曾经以为自己的国家是世界上最好的国家,但脑中虚幻的美好终究不能抵御现实的各种残酷。虽然她的英语有点蹩脚,但从她身上,我看到了人性对于幸福和自由追求的力量,和肖申克一样。4.【伟大的领袖如何激励行动】西蒙·斯涅克用一个简单但是震撼的模型来阐释激励人心的领袖力,看完之后你会明白一般的激励是what-how-why的顺序,真正领袖般的激励却是why-how-what。个人觉得西蒙·斯涅克这个人颜值特高,演讲才能也非常棒。5.【脆弱的力量】布琳 布朗 我们一听到脆弱这个词,就给它下了个负面的定义,恨不得避而远之。但事实上,每个人都不是十全十美,每个人都有自己的缺点。布琳.布朗会在这个演讲中给你的思维方式带来前所未有的改变。6.【TED演讲集:相信我】这个TED演讲的名字是The art of asking(请求的艺术),Amanda Palmer作为一个音乐家,试图提醒我们要让听众为你的音乐慷慨解囊,而不是逼迫他们购买你的音乐。用句俗话说,就是“你若盛开,清风自来”。7.【我如何征服风的力量 How I harnessed the wind by William Kamkwamba】来自马拉维贫苦农村的William Kamkwamba,凭借着自身的努力,两次登上TED的演讲舞台。你的环境不会比他差,但你现在在做什么呢?是不是还是得过且过,浑浑噩噩?8.【Elizabeth Gilbert:成功,失败以及继续创作的动力】Elizabeth Gilbert之前还是一名默默无名的侍者,她试图向我们讲述了如今面对大起大落的态度:找到所热爱的东西,你爱TA甚至超过爱你自己,并把自己的安乐窝建在这上面,不要在意TA会让你失败还是成功,因为你爱TA 。9.【20岁光阴不再来】Meg Jay 通过一个故事引出了这个经典的TED演讲,并在演讲的后面给出了她的建议。关于语言学习的几个TED 【学习双语的好处】无论是哪一种类型,学习一门新的语言时,多语能力都会给你的大脑带来明显的好处。双语者的大脑可以持续不断地接收强化训练,这能提高记忆力,增强反应力和做事的决断力,让一些病症(如阿兹海默痴呆症和失智症)的发作推迟至5年以后。
打开网易新闻 查看更多视频
【语言如何改变人类】生物学家马克·佩格尔与我们分享了一个关于人类如何发展复杂的语言系统的有趣理论。他认为,语言是一种社会技术,它帮助人类早期部落获得了一个强有力的新工具:合作。
打开网易新闻 查看更多视频
【6个月学会一门新语言】学习一门外语,对全世界的人们来说都是一项苦差事。教育家Chris Lonsdale(中文名字:龙飞虎),结合知名案例和自己的新鲜理念,为大家介绍六个月从零学会一门外语的具体方法。
打开网易新闻 查看更多视频
【肢体语言塑造你自己】社会心理学家Amy Cuddy表示“有力的姿势”——以一个自信的方式站着,即使我们不感到自信——他们也能够影响我们脑内的睾丸酮和可的松含量,甚至可以爆发性地推动我们成功的机会。
打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片
当你需要力量,需要自信的时候,不妨做一个有力量的动作保持两分钟,给自己创造一个不一样的结果!本文系授权发布,By 王木木,From 雅思中国网,微信号 ieltsim。未经许可不得转载,北美学霸君诚意推荐。推荐阅读回复[太拼]查看:美帝的熊孩子你们这么拼,中国的出国党还能混吗 ?回复[110]查看: 托福上110 分的英语水平是怎样的?在国外能正常生活吗?回复[书库]查看:适合出国党的19个在线英文书库, 从此阅读就是分分钟的事还没有关注北美学霸君?搜索微信号gpamaster或长按并识别下方图片中的二维码即可1秒变身学霸!
打开网易新闻 查看精彩图片
点击左下方[阅读原文 / Read More]也可以关注北美学霸君,领取各种考试福利哦!特别声明:本文为网易自媒体平台“网易号”作者上传并发布,仅代表该作者观点。网易仅提供信息发布平台。

我要回帖

更多关于 ted演讲在哪个软件看 的文章

随机推荐