Translations of “asset-stripping”
in Chinese (Traditional)
in Chinese (Simplified)
(Definition of asset-stripping from the
(C) Cambridge University Press)
asset-stripping noun
Add Cambridge dictionaries
Definitions of “asset-stripping” in other dictionaries
the symbol -, used to join two words together, or to show that a word has been divided into two parts at the end of one line and the beginning of the next
Email this entry
Lies, lies, lies!
by Kate Woodford,
According to sociologists (=people who study the relationships between people living in groups), we are good at lying. As a species, we have developed a remarkable ability to deceive each other (= persuade each other that something false is true). Being able to say things that are not true can help with
snapchat verb
to send someone a message using the photomessaging application Snapchat We used to have a thing until he got a girlfriend. nowStack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.
I want to implement readmore/less feature. i.e I will be having html content and I am going to show first few characters from that content and there will be a read more link in front of it. I am currently using this code :
var txtToHide= input.substring(length);
var textToShow= input.substring(0, length);
var html = textToShow+ '&span class="readmore"&&&&&/span&'
+ ('&span class="readmore"&' + txtToHide+ '&/span&');
html = html + '&a id="read-more" title="More" href="#"&More&/a&';
Above input is the input string and length is the length of string to be displayed initially.
There is an issue with this code, suppose if I want to strip 20 characters from this string:
"Hello &a href='#'&test&/a& output", the html tags are coming between and it will mess up the page if strip it partially. What I want here is that if html tags are falling between the range it should cover the full tag i.e I need the output here to be "Hello &a href='#'&test&/a&" . How can I do this
Instead of doing too much manually, I prefer you to go with following jQuery plugin.
It will expand and collapse your text for Read more options, Also provide you much customization.
Hope this will help.
This will be quite hard since HTML is not a regular language, so using regular expressions would be cumbersome.
Really want you need to do is parse the HTML into a DOM structure using jQuery $('html text') and then recursively go through the elements getting the length of each elements text using .text() and when you come to an element with causes the cumulative text length thus far to be over the limit, split this elements text at that point and set it the element's text to be the left of the split.
Then keep all elements before this one, and disregard all siblings etc that occur after this element. However I have no idea how to implement that simply.
On the other hand you could just strip the HTML tags away, why bother.
If you have the text in a dom element, you could use the innerText/textContent property of the dom element to get just the text without the tags. substring of this text could be used without worrying about the tags.
var post_dom = document.getElementById('#post-content');
var input = post_dom.innerText || post_dom.textC
I think the best solution here would be to use
var textToHide =
var textToShow = $("&div/&").html(input).text().substring(0, length);
which will convert your HTML to plain text and extract the first few characters for the summary. Then toggle between them when they click the ellipsis rather than trying to display both at the same time.
maybe you could rethink the problem : instead of modifying your text, you could modify the way it is shown on the page.
Say if you want to show only 3 rows of the content, you could modify the content's container style to a hight equal to the the height of one content row * 3.
Anyway, this could be easily implemented in jquery ,and if you take advantage of it's animate function, you could easily make your own plugin such as :
(function($){
$.fn.lessDetails = function(desiredHeight){
var desiredHeight = desiredHeight || 20; //or any other "default" value
return this.each(function(i){
$(this).realHeight = $(this).css("height");
$(this).css('height',desiredHeight);//or you could animate it
$.fn.moreDetails = function(){
return this.each(function(i){
$(this).css('height',$(this).realHeight || "auto");//or you could animate it
})(jQuery);
and then you could call :
$('.less').lessDetails();
$('.showMore').click(function(){$('#'+$(this).attr('rel')).moreDetails();});'
having your html structured as :
& div class="container"&
& div id="1" class="less"&content goes here &/div&
& a href="#" rel="1" class="showMore"& show more&/a&
Haven't tested it ,but it should work, or at least should give you a basic idea of my solution.
Your Answer
Post as a guest
Post as a guest
By posting your answer, you agree to the
Not the answer you're looking for?
Browse other questions tagged
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled

我要回帖

更多关于 fifa online3球衣好看 的文章

随机推荐