I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
for these lyrics.
THE BEATLES lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. "In My Life" lyrics provided for educational purposes and personal use only.> 【答案带解析】We all have dreams. Do you still remembe...
We all have dreams. Do you still remember your dream
when you were still a middle school student. As teenagers, you may have many
dreams. Maybe you wanted to be a scientist, a teacher or a doctor. These dreams
can be very big, such as winning a Nobel Prize, or very small. You may just
want to become one of the ten best students in your class.
If you have a dream, what do you do with it? Do you
try to make your dream come true? Andrew Matthews wrote a book called Follow
Your Heart. It tells us it’s the biggest challenge(挑战) to make our dreams come true.
There will be many difficulties on the road to your
dreams. But you must never give up your dream. Because the biggest difficulty
comes from you yourself.&
Everyone can make his/her dream come true. The first
thing to do is to remember your dream. Don’t let it leave your heart. Keep
telling yourself what you want and keep working hard. Do this step by step and
your dream will come true one day.
1.Follow Your Heart is the name of
&&&&&&&&&&.
A. Andrew Matthews
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. a book about hearts
C. a book by Andrew Matthews
&&&&&&&&D. a dream
2.Which of the following may be a small dream for
teenagers?
A. To be a man like Nobel.&
B. To win a Nobel Prize.
C. To be the best student in the class.&&
D. To be a scientist.
3.If you want to make your dream come true, the
biggest difficulty is from
&&&&&&&&&&.
A. the book &&&&&& B.
your school &&&&& C. your dream &&&&
&D. you yourself &
4.Which of the following is true according to the
passage?
A. Different people have the same dream.
B. If you keep on, you can make your dream come true.
C. There are few difficulties on the road to
everyone's dream.
D. When you give up your dream, it will come true
soon.
试题分析:短文大意:这篇短文主要讲述了我们每个人都有梦想,这些梦想有大有小以及实现梦想的困难和如何实现自己梦想的方法。
1.细节理解题。根据短文第二段Andrew Matthews wrote a book called Follow Your Heart. 描述,可知随心所欲是安德鲁马修斯写的一本书。故选C。
考点分析:
考点1:人生百味类
人生百味类阅读理解:
& & 阅读能力是中学生学习英语应具备的一种基本能力。学习英语的一个重要目的在于获取信息。通过阅读这一重要手段,我们可以大量地获取知识,拓展知识面,还可以增强语感,培养敏捷的思维能力。
阅读理解也是各地中考试题的必考题型之一,在中考试题中占有较大比例,主要考查学生通过文字获取信息的能力。在中考中,阅读的篇数一般是三到四篇,选材范围越来越广,除故事、幽默、人物轶事外,科普性文章也多了起来。体裁也趋于多样化,有记叙文、说明文、应用文等。还要求学生能理解及解释图表多提供的简单信息等。三四篇短文中有的难度跨度较大,以便拉开档次,体现选拔功能。并且扩大了选材范围,主要考查考生阅读所给材料,理解其中词语、句子或片段含义的能力。有时涉及对全文意思和篇章结构的理解,对一些问题作出推理和判断。阅读理解的考核中包括了对词汇、语法等语言知识的考查,要求学生具备一定的背景知识、各种常识、科普知识和一定的分析及逻辑推理能力;要求学生具有归纳段落大意、中心思想的能力。测试的方向由时间、地点、身份、人物等一些细节问题,改为测试对全文整体意义的理解程度;由考查短文的表层现象改为考对文章深层含义的理解和逻辑推断能力。另外,任务型阅读形式灵活多样,内容丰富多彩,联系实际,易考查学生的灵活运用能力和对语言的综合运用能力。在中考中占30-40分。
相关试题推荐
Raymond is a little koala living in Australia. His
mom left him when he was only 1 month old. But luckily, a kind woman called
Julie took him home and looked after him. Raymond spends his days sitting at
Julie’s desk.
Meet Zeus, the tallest dog in the world. The
3-year-old dog is 168cm tall from foot to shoulder. When standing on his hind
legs (后腿), Zeus reaches 226cm. Zeus lives in the
US. He eats a 14-kg bag of food.
Scotland chose two Shetland ponies(矮种马), Fivla and Vitamin, as “ambassadors(大使)” to bring in visitors. Fivla is 17 and Vitamin is
18. They wear clothes made from wool. Scotland uses pictures of them to show
the country’s beauty.
You can’t find a better sheepdog than Jess the
springer spaniel (激飞长毛猎犬) in the UK. Every day, the dog goes out
to feed lambs from a milk bottle she carries in her mouth. She does it rain
or shine, three times a day.
1._______ left Raymond when he was only one month old.
A. Julie &&&&&&&&
B. Fivla &&&&&&& C. Vitamin&&&&&&
D. His mother
2.&&&&&&&&&&&is
the tallest dog in the world.
A. Raymond &&& B. Zeus
&&&&&& C. Jess&&&&&&&&&&
D. Fivla and Vitamin
3.Fivla and Vitamin are Shetland ponies from_______.
A. Australia&&&& &B. The
US&&&& &C. The UK&&&&& D.
Scotland
4.How often does Jess feed lambs from a milk bottle in
her mouth?
A. Every two
weeks.&&&&&&B. Three times a week.&
C. Once a
day.&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
Three times a day.
A woman went into a shop one evening to buy a new
blouse. A strange man followed her into the shop and stood about while she was
at the counter. Suddenly she screamed and the man turned and ran out of the
shop, right into the arms of a passing policeman. Then he was caught by the
policeman because he was a wanted robber.
“Mrs Jones, if you hadn’t screamed, I would certainly
have been robbed,” said the shopkeeper, “I didn’t know it,” answered Mrs Jones.
“I screamed when you told me how expensive the blouse was.”
1.The woman was ___________________.
A. a policewoman&& B. Mrs
Jones&&&& C. a robber&&&& D. the
shopkeeper
2.What did the strange man go into the shop for?
A. He tried to rob the
shop.&&&&&
B. He wanted to do some shopping.
C. He had something to tell the shopkeeper.
D. He was the shopkeeper's brother and just wanted to
drop by.
3.From the passage we know that
&&&&&&&&&&&&.
A. the shopkeeper caught the robber&&&
B. the woman was a shopkeeper too
C. the man ran away after he robbed the shopkeeper
D. the woman didn't know the man was a robber at all
Is money everything? At present some people think that
&&&&& &&is everything. Some of them
even &&&&& &&their lives for it.
Money has its most useful &&&&& &&on
the poor, but once a person has a rich life, a lot more money doesn't mean more
&&&&& .
&If money was &&&&& &,
all millionaires would have true love, true friendship, good health and a long
life. &&&&& &, this is not always true.
Nothing else is more &&&&&
&than the three words “I love you”. But can &&&&&&&&
&&be bought?I’m afraid not. Love means to give, not to
take. To every person, health and long life are &&&&&&&&
&&the most valuable things. Well, can health and a long life be
bought with money? The answer is “No”.
Of all the longest living people in the world,
&&&&& &&of them are millionaires.
True friendship can't be bought &&&&& . Many
other things &&&&& &&be bought with
money: knowledge, life and happiness and so on. Just think, if a person
&&&&& &&these things at all, is the
money still useful? No matter how much money you have, it is still not enough
&&&&& &&you a happy person if you
have no one to laugh &&&&& , no one to cry for.
Now, do you think money is everything?
2.A. lose &&&&&&& B.
like &&&&&&&&& C. save
&&&&&&& & D. affect
3.A. affect &&&&& &B.
effect &&&&&& &C. effort &&&&&&&
&D. influence
4.A. stress &&&&&& B.
sadness &&&& &C. happiness &&&& D.
problems
5.A. something &&&B. anything
&&&& C. nothing &&&&&& D.
everything
6.A. If &&&&&&&&
&B. But &&&&&&& &C. While
&&&&& & D. However
7.A. polite&&&&&&& B.
generous &&&& C. pleasant&&&&&&&
D. boring
8.A. life &&&&&&&&
B. love &&&&&&&& C. health
&&&&&&& D. friends
9.A. probably&&&&& B. perhaps
&&&& C. maybe &&&&&&& D.
impossible
10.A. all &&&&&&&&
B. few &&&&&&&& C. each
&&&&&&&& D. none
11.A. also &&&&&&& B.
too &&&&&&&& C. yet
&&&&&&&&&&& D. either
12.A. cannot&&&&&& B.
mustn’t &&&& C. needn’t &&&&&&&
D. shouldn’t
13.A. has &&&&&&&&
B. doesn’t have &C. will have &&&& D. won’t have
14.A. make &&&& &&B.
makes &&&&&& C. to make &&&&&&
D. making
15.A. at &&&&&&&&
&B. to &&&&&&&&& &C. for
&&&&&&&&&& D. with
—Shall we see a film to relax ourselves after the
exam? &&&&—_________.
A. That’s all
right&&&&&&& &B. Good luck
&&&
C. That’s a good
idea&&&&&&D. Have a great time &&
— The light is still on in his room. Do you know
_________?
&&— In order to practise for the English
singing party.
A. if he works hard
&&&&&&&&&B. who he is studying
with
C. why he is so busy
&&&&&&&&D. when he will stop working
&
题型:阅读理解
难度:中等
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.Accessibility links
Advertisement
Sophie (left) and Audrey Boss, the authors of Beyond Temptation&Photo: VICTORIA BIRKINSHAW
It’s 10.30am in Sophie Boss’s living-room, and with the coffee she’s serving a rich, home-made chocolate and pistachio cake.
As she and her sister Audrey, two fortysomething mothers from north London, tuck into their slices there’s no chuckling of ‘Ooh, naughty us’ no trace of guilt and no longing glances at the rest of the cake on the table.
What exactly are they thinking, I ask. ‘It’ll be nice to have a piece of cake, that’s what,’ says Audrey. ‘And I thought, “Yay, she's brought cake,”’ says Sophie. ‘I haven’t had breakfast yet so I’m quite looking forward to this.’
For many women presented with cake, things aren’t quite this simple. Indeed, Audrey explains that back when she struggled with overeating, she would have responded differently.
‘I’d have shut myself in my kitchen and I would have eaten it, all of it, and then just felt awful.’
Audrey has never been particularly overweight, either in her teens when she started dieting, or in her twenties when she was also secretly binge-eating. But, she says, ‘I remember not fitting into a size 16 at M&S and thinking, "This is the end of my life.”’
Sophie, whose dieting history is similar, says, ‘For me, finishing the cake would have been habit. In my mind it was, “I’m being naughty and breaking the rules having something sugary for breakfast. I won’t do this again, therefore I might as well just finish this and start again tomorrow.”’
The sisters first came to attention in 2006 with Beyond Chocolate, a book and series of workshops for women trapped in a yo-yo diet/weight-gain cycle, which brought to Britain the anti-diet revolution pioneered by the author Geneen Roth (who was, in turn, influenced by Susie Orbach, the author of Fat is a Feminist Issue).
Their latest book, Beyond Temptation, recently a stage show, looks specifically at how to stop overeating.
'Beyond Temptation' by Sophie and Audrey Boss
This isn’t about women with diagnosed eating disorders but women – of all sizes – who outwardly pretend to eat normally while secretly overindulging in so-called forbidden foods.
Sophie says that eight out of 10 women, in her experience, have some sort of issue with food. ‘Virtually every woman I’ve ever met blames herself for the fact that she can’t lose weight and stop overeating.
'She tells herself it’s her fault and feels ashamed and guilty.
‘There was a time,’ she adds, ‘when people couldn’t talk about vaginas, couldn’t talk about depression. Talking about our relationship with food and body image feels like a taboo these days.’
Audrey continues, ‘Because there’s so much secrecy, most women imagine that nobody else does it quite like they do. They imagine that other women must eat a doughnut or two more than they should occasionally, but not that most women are pretty tortured about how they eat.
'They look at the next woman who’s slimmer than them and assume she doesn’t have a problem.’
The sisters distance themselves from the endless stream of authors telling us how to reduce calories.
‘Every new diet book is more outrageous than the last, because there’s nothing left to say,’ argues Audrey. ‘We’re not telling people how to eat, just how to have a different relationship with food.’
She explains, ‘If I’m a person who eats cake because I’m bored, I know that it’s not hel I’m not stupid, I know it’s not part of my five-a-day. We don’t just say to people, “Well, you’ve got to stop overeating.”’
About half of those who follow the Beyond Temptation programme lose weight, but that is besides the point.
‘It’s actually not about what size you are. It’s about your relationship with your body and with food,’ Audrey says.
‘Sometimes women realise that the way they would have to eat in order to be the size they want is not the way they want to eat. We’re not all made to be a size 12.’
Following the programme is a process that takes months of self-analysis because changes to emotional eating habits don’t happen overnight.
What is refreshing is the acknowledgement that not everyone overeats because of unhappiness, self-loathing lots of people do it because food tastes good and they can’t stop.
The book explains that people overeat not just on autopilot but also because they are habituated to listening to unhelpful inner ‘gremlins’, which can take many different forms.
There’s the ‘needy child’ whimpering insistently for food, the ‘critical witch’ who finds fault with everything, the ‘reckless mate’ who says, ‘Go on, let’s have some fun!’ when the eater is considering a binge.
The answer is to ignore the gremlins, allow yourself to eat whatever you want – which may well, if you really listen to your body, be something nourishing and wholesome – and tune into feelings, instead of channelling them into food.
‘As soon as you restrict food, you want it,’ says Audrey. The problem often starts in childhood or adolescence when women first feel pressured to diet, even though they don’t have a significant weight problem.
‘We are told by so many sources so much different stuff about what we should eat, what’s good, what’s bad, what’s appropriate, what’s not.
'Diets get us into the habit of listening to other people, not to ourselves, so most people don’t have a clue what they actually want to eat.’
A key part of the Beyond Temptation technique is ‘stocking up’ – repeatedly buying bulk amounts of your most forbidden food, removing all packaging (to eliminate the idea of portion size) and allowing yourself to eat as much as you want.
Openly sharing an embarrassing penchant for eating too much chocolate – or crisps, or whatever – is another important step in the workshops.
For Jacqui Tabor, 49, a divorcée who is a council worker and has one grown-up daughter, the forbidden food that needed stockpiling was Jaffa Cakes.
For Abbi Welch, a single 36-year-old who works in broadcasting, it was Green & Black’s chocolate. For Caroline McAdam, a single 47-year-old lawyer, it was digestive biscuits.
And for Sarah Layton, a 46-year-old psychotherapist who is married with two grown-up children, it was Marks & Spencer chocolate cheesecake, the kind that comes in packs of two slices.
‘I bought six packs of two and put them in the fridge, ate them when I wanted to and then replenished the supply,’ says Sarah.
From left: Jacqui Tabor, Caroline McAdam, Abbi Welch and Sarah Layton
It sounds like a recipe for overindulgence, but, in fact, this is the Beyond Temptation method for eating mindfully and sensibly.
‘When you tune in and what you want is the cheesecake, you don’t say, “OK, I’m going to eat some meat and veg first.”
'You put it on a plate, sit at the table, light a candle and eat the cheesecake as your main meal.’ Eventually, she explains, the cheesecake loses its allure. ‘Then the last two or three times I bought it, I didn’t eat it. It sat there and went off.’
Before Beyond Temptation, Sarah had ‘given up’. Having been put on a diet aged seven, for being ‘chubby’, she spent much of her teens and early twenties on a strict high-protein, low-carbohydrate regime, which kept her very slim.
Then, when her children came along, ‘life got a bit more complicated and I just couldn’t do it anymore. I started to gain weight again.’
For the next 20 years she was lost in ‘the whole diet-binge cycle… I used to spend my whole time thinking about food. Would, wouldn't, should, shouldn’t, could, couldn’t.’
Now, she says, her weight has stabilised. ‘In an ideal world I’d like to be slimmer, but it’s fine that I’m not.’
Compassion is important, agrees Jacqui. She has yo-yoed between sizes 10 and 18 and says, ‘I’m trying now to see myself with kindness and not look at myself and say, “You fat cow, pull yourself together.”
'I want to be eating because I want to and when I want to, without the constant struggle between being good and bad.’
This works much better for her than her previous approach, as a slimming-club consultant. ‘When I was a consultant I didn’t stand up in front of my ladies and say, “I overate. I had two packets of Jaffa Cakes last week.” I wasn’t being that honest.’
With the help of the slimming club she managed to go from a size 14 to a 10, but she couldn’t maintain it and gained three stone. Now a size 16 to 18, she is more concerned about being happy than what the scales say.
So how has her eating changed? ‘Before, I would go all day without eating, then mindlessly eat a packet of biscuits, and then just have a healthy piece of fish and vegetables.
'Now I’m eating more often and I might do the fish in a nice cream sauce with potatoes dauphinois and sautéed vegetables. I’ll cook and lay the table, really enjoy it.’
Caroline had repeatedly lost and regained four stone, and had tried Overeaters Anonymous, but found she was ‘still left with all these feelings of insecurity about my body’.
Thanks to the stockpiling technique, she is now living peacefully with a large glass jar of digestives in her kitchen. ‘I glance at it from time to time but barely register its presence,’ she says.
Abbi’s weight plateaued and is now gradually falling thanks to the techniques she has learnt. Having been a size 28 at her biggest, she is now a size 24.
‘I was at the end of my tether,’ she recalls. ‘My experience around food was always fraught with complications and agonising over what I can and can’t have.’
It was when, on an internet forum, she saw a woman saying, ‘I know I shouldn’t have carrots because carrots have a lot of sugar in them,’ that she realised dieting was ‘crazy’.
Now she has changed her mindset. ‘I’m thinking about what I need more of as opposed to what I need less of.’
In a funny way, though, too many carrots can still be overeating, according to Sophie and Audrey – not because they contain sugar but precisely because they are the type of low-calorie, filling ‘diet food’ that dieters are encouraged to binge on.
As I leave Sophie’s home, I glance back at the table. Sophie’ so is Audrey’s. On my plate, half a slice of cake remains, a symbol of guilt. And yet I’m the one who’ll crave chocolate later that day.
Is there a miracle solution to emotional eating? Probably not, but whatever these two women are doing, I want a slice of it.
‘Beyond Temptation’ (Piatkus, ?12.99), by Sophie and Audrey Boss, is available from
(4) at ?11.99 plus ?1.35 p&p
Advertisement
telegraphuk
Please enable JavaScript to view the
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

我要回帖

更多关于 i am still alive 的文章

随机推荐