Opportunity iseverybody everywheree, but it is fleet of foo

114网址导航to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as not interested
Languages:
Full Audio
Includes 322 Steam Achievements
Title: AI War: Fleet Command
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 21 Oct, 2009
Buy AI War: Fleet Command
Packages that include this game
Buy AI War Bundle (2014)
Includes 7 items:
AI War: Ancient Shadows, AI War: Children of Neinzul, AI War: Destroyer of Worlds, AI War: Fleet Command, AI War: Light of the Spire, AI War: The Zenith Remnant, AI War: Vengeance Of The Machine
Downloadable Content For This Game
&AI War breaks most of the genre’s rules. Which is precisely why it’s incredible… This out-of-the-blue one-man passion project is one of this year’s finest strategy games.&- It’s a balancing act, with your own strength on one side, and the AI’s opinion of you on the other. Piss it off before you’re ready to face it, and you’re going to get squashed. That moment, when you’re finally in a position to turn the tables, is about as glorious as gaming gets.- I think I’ve stumbled across this year’s Really New Thing. There’s a lot of 2009 to go, but I’ll be surprised if anyone else twists the RTS formula this dramatically and this effectively. And I’m hoping it’ll be the Next Big Thing, because it’s big, different, entirely unprecedented and an exciting way to play an RTS.- Having played this title at two distinct points in its life cycle what really stands out is the incredible dedication of Arcen Games in keeping on top of how the game evolves and expands. Even though a great many features have been added and tweaked and refined, it was possible for me to drop back into AI War after more than a year away and not find it to be a confusing mish-mash of feature overload. The post-release support is, quite honestly, the best I’ve seen for any game.- AI War is, quite simply, the best experience you could have with co-op or single-player real-time strategy in this or any year. It combines grand strategy with emergent AI to form an excellent game perfect for parties and multiplayer. It is easily worth double the price that the developer is selling it at, and anyone with any affinity or taste for strategy games should not miss it. It may be daunting at first, but an excellent tutorial and amazing gameplay mechanics alleviate this into a game that almost anyone can - and should - play.-
About This Game
&You are outgunned. You are massively outnumbered. You must win.& These are your orders.
Humanity has already fought its war against the machines -- and lost. AI death squads stand watch over every planet and every wormhole, the few remaining human settlements are held captive in orbiting bubbles, and the AIs have turned their attention outward, away from the galaxy, to alien threats or opportunities unknown.
This inattention is our only hope: a small resistance, too insignificant even to be noticed by the AI central command, has survived. These are the forces you will command. The AI subcommanders will fight you to the death when they see you -- but your glimmer of opportunity comes from quietly subduing those subcommanders without alerting central processing to the danger until it's too late.
You do have a few things going in your favor. Your ships are much faster. You have safe AI routines to automate defenses and mining outposts. You have production techniques that can churn out fully-outfitted unmanned fighters in seconds. There will never be more than a few thousand of your ships versus tens of thousands of theirs, but through careful strategy you must somehow reach and destroy the heavily-guarded AI cores.
Go forth into the galaxy, steal AI technology, recapture those planets you must in order to achieve your ends, and save what remains of humanity. But draw too much attention to yourself, and the full might of the AI overlords will come crashing down.
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Processor: 1.6Ghz CPU (2.4 Ghz recommended, Dual Core strongly recommended for Host)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Graphics card must support
textures (most 32MB and up graphics cards do),
or greater (32 bit color recommended)
Hard Drive: 300MB
Multiplayer: Broadband Internet Connection or LAN required for multiplayer.
OS: Mac OSX Intel CPU and &Leopard& 10.5 or later. Processor: 1.6Ghz CPU (2.4 Ghz recommended, Dual Core strongly recommended for Host) Memory: 2 GB RAM Graphics: Graphics card must support
or greater (32 bit color recommended) Hard Drive: 300MB
OS: Ubuntu 10.10 or later, although other unsupported distros may very well work Processor: 1.6Ghz CPU (2.4 Ghz recommended, Dual Core strongly recommended for Host) Memory: 2 GB RAM Graphics: Graphics card must support
or greater (32 bit color recommended) Hard Drive: 300MB
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Very Positive
(14 reviews)
Very Positive
(814 reviews)
Provides hours of a solid strategic challenge.
The enemy is overwhelming and will easily crush you if you are not mindful of the war you are waging.
There is a steep learning curve, so this is not for casual gameplay, but if you commit to learning the system it is quite rewarding.
I tried so hard And got so far But in the end It doesn't even matter I had to fall To lose it all But in the end It doesn't even matterBecause the AI will come and wreck your ???? if you poke it too hardSolution: expand carefully and deliberately enough not to get obliterated when the AI comes for you
1. Open game.2. Game asks for my name to create a player profile.3. Type my name in the box with the flashing cursor.
No response.
Box stays blank.4. Try to click enter so that I can at least play.
Get told 'Name cannot be blank'.5. Repeat steps 1-4 several times.6. Give up and request a refund.
Wonderful game, just wish more people were available for multiplayer but the singleplayer is pretty wonderful and replayable
Hour 3 and i like it a lot, borderline love it. Big RTS fan and ive been eye balling this waiting for the steam sale.Pros: Complexity=6/10 not too simple, not too complex, it seems like a lot at first
Graphics=4/10 wont blow your pants off, but zoom in and its quite nice consideringCons: Ships move kinda slow, and this game does time a bit of time to do things. I would guess 20hr/campaign once you know what your doingSide Notes: Not much of a story, the game preveiw info is pretty much it. To me thats not a real problem, but for some it is.TL;DR: Great game, not overly simple or complex, game will keep you occupied.
Great game, would recommend to ANYONE with plenty of patience, determination, and time to spare. Totally has more strategy than you would expect it to after giving it a quick look over. Worth every penny.
AI War is a really FANTASTIC game. If you enjoy 4x games at all, you really owe it to yourself to check it out. It is a very unique, well thought-out and streamlined strategic game.I'm a huge fan of turn based games, so initially I wasn't sure about the RTS style, but it REALLY works. Turn-based games eventually get bogged down as you own more real estate - AI War does not suffer from this problem, and it's designed so that it never becomes overwhelming in real-time. Plus, it's pausable, so you have as much time as you like to contemplate.It almost has the feel of a mash-up of Master of Orion (1), Strange Adventures in Infinite Space, and Space Rangers, although it has none of the trading elements of the latter. It does, however, have a formidable &alien& opponent, in this case it is the artificial intelligence that has come to destroy us, and it feels a bit like the Klissans in Space Rangers. They're big, they're evil, and they have already won. At this price, and ESPECIALLY on sale prices, you really owe it to yourself to check out this game. It's really fresh and new, and so you really aren't going to get a firm idea of how it is until you play - but I guarantee you will have a good tiem. It reminds me of a time when we felt video games could be anything! I could go on and on but just BUY IT. It's CHEAP and FUN AS HELL
A very different strategy gaming experience, and one that somehow keeps you coming back for more.
this game is the most fun space strategy game I have ever playedwhen you're new to this game I can see you easily being overwhelmed and easily getting curbstomeped by the ai because that's what the AI does, even when set to the easiest difficulty if you just go around conquering planets you will soon find yourself getting destroyed by the ai, this game is about strategy, it is about patience, it is about knowing if it's worth it to take a certain planet at the cost of angering the AI.the fact that the AI is a real threat and you can't just steamroll to victory is something I very much like, I whole heartedly recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of space sim strategy games and isn't intimidated to quickly at the scale and difficulty of this game.
It took awhile when i really get a hang to this game.The game have a quite steep learning curve...playing while reading wiki is a norm i would say in my case.Defending and maintaining the fleet is equally hard...I just love the simplicity of the graphics and the complexity of the game itself. buy when at salerating at 8.5/10
It took awhile when i really get a hang to this game.The game have a quite steep learning curve...playing while reading wiki is a norm i would say in my case.Defending and maintaining the fleet is equally hard...I just love the simplicity of the graphics and the complexity of the game itself. buy when at salerating at 8.5/10
Was this review helpful?
Wonderful game, just wish more people were available for multiplayer but the singleplayer is pretty wonderful and replayable
Was this review helpful?
Provides hours of a solid strategic challenge.
The enemy is overwhelming and will easily crush you if you are not mindful of the war you are waging.
There is a steep learning curve, so this is not for casual gameplay, but if you commit to learning the system it is quite rewarding.
Was this review helpful?
Great game, would recommend to ANYONE with plenty of patience, determination, and time to spare. Totally has more strategy than you would expect it to after giving it a quick look over. Worth every penny.
Was this review helpful?
Hour 3 and i like it a lot, borderline love it. Big RTS fan and ive been eye balling this waiting for the steam sale.Pros: Complexity=6/10 not too simple, not too complex, it seems like a lot at first
Graphics=4/10 wont blow your pants off, but zoom in and its quite nice consideringCons: Ships move kinda slow, and this game does time a bit of time to do things. I would guess 20hr/campaign once you know what your doingSide Notes: Not much of a story, the game preveiw info is pretty much it. To me thats not a real problem, but for some it is.TL;DR: Great game, not overly simple or complex, game will keep you occupied.
Was this review helpful?
I tried so hard And got so far But in the end It doesn't even matter I had to fall To lose it all But in the end It doesn't even matterBecause the AI will come and wreck your ???? if you poke it too hardSolution: expand carefully and deliberately enough not to get obliterated when the AI comes for you
Was this review helpful?
198 people found this review funny
This game plots you against 2 super powerful AI's, and starts you with one planet, one base, and you must build up from there.So my 2 other friends and i have a fleet of over 3000 ships. We have captured 12 combined planets, and we are doing amazingly, when we find the husk of an ancient ship.It calls to us, and asks us to repair it.We start repairing it with everything we had.10 minutes later, it gets fixed, and we get a ship called the 'Exodian Blade.'The Blade shoots a laser that instakills most ships in its path. However, it is super, super slow.We become greedy, and we start capturing planets, with the Blade singlehandley defeating everything on it.But when one of my scientists conducts a survey and finds a strange subspace signal, the AI gets mad, and launches a full scale assault.Even with the Exodian Blade, we couldn't defend forever.We had lost all but 2 only our capital and a far-off isolated colony remained.We had repositioned the 300 ships left from our 3000 ship fleet at the capital.When suddenly, my friend completes a nuke.He had been building it all game.We use the nuke, completely destroying every ship and planet except for one AI's home and our captial.We track down the AI home, and send the Exodian Blade there.Meanwhile, a devourer golem appears, which slowly moves and instakills any ships next it, at my capital.Fast forward, I had kited the golem away, and the Blade arrived at the AI home.We were surprised to see that there were only 300 ships there. Nothing that we can't handle.Then we realize that we needed to destroy 13 different shield generators around the planet that protected the AI core.&We can do that! We have the most overpowered ship in the game! We can just instakill them all,& we all exclaimed.&The most overpowered ship in the game& looked like crap to what came in next.A exogalactic wormhole appears, and through it come 3000 different max level ships, ships with missiles, ships with integrated shields, ships we have never evever seen before.It took a minute for the Exodian Blade, with 200 million hitpoints, to die.We hadn't destroyed a single thing on the AI home planet.We had lost on difficulty 'very easy.'I cant even imagine what the highest difficulty level is like.This game is the only game that can make you go from amazing to crap so quickly, and still be fun.This game is the only game that makes losing fun.This game is the spawn of Satan.But it might have well been a gift from heaven.
Was this review helpful?
Ai War: Fleet Command feels like playing chess - without knowing all the moves, and with a cheating opponent.First off, the opponent doesn't really cheat, but it feels that way to a new player. The learning curve is extremely steep, which means you will probably only lose for the first few dozen hours of playing - unless you choose one of the very easy difficulties.The main problem most people will have is the completely different playstyle. Yes, it is an RTS, it looks and even plays as a classic RTS, yet when you go out from your home planet lasers blazing, burning and capturing new resources, you will lose. Always. How discouraging, right?The reason to this is asymetry. Your opponent does not share your options. He does not build, he has everything. You on the other hand have but a single planet. Why not crush you in an instant? Cause he doesn't care, you're not important enough to be crushed. However if you blow up a few planets of his.. he might as well decide it's time for the human remnant to die.All this said, the game *punishes* you for capturing important assets - planets, technology, etc. Each time you do such an action, the ai gets more aware of your &threat&, which will mean stronger and more frequent attacks. From now till the end of game.In conlcusion, there seems to be two games hidden under this title:First, a guerilla war, in which the player gathers strength and tries to avoid antagonizing the enemy too much in fear of brutal retaliation.Second, the glorious moment when the carefully prepared guerilla finally decides to go on par with the ai and fight a full on war - no more hiding.Replayability: High, assuming you don't mind defeat. There are plenty of ai structures, and only some of them are used on each map. Throughout the expansions, a lot more has arrived to make the game entertaining and keep the player busy.Multiplayer: Brilliant. The player slots can be changed on the fly by the game host. Playing a single player game and having a friend who wants to join? No problem, open a slot for him, give him a planet and you're playing within seconds. He's leaving again? No big deal, just close his slot, grab his units and go on with your game.You probably don't want to play this if:- You dislike frequent losing- You dislike slow-paced games- You dislike games with a steep learning curve- You dislike constantly analysing the situation and like to just order your units to go and pillage instead.You probably want to try this if:- You like complicated strategy games- You like analysing the strategic situation a lot- You like slow-paced strategy games, in which fortifications actually work- You are a hard-core strategy game player and like a challenge- You like dwarf fortress and space strategy games
Was this review helpful?
22 people found this review funny
At the time of Writing, I have over 1000 hours clocked in this game.I have won four times on difficulty 7, once on difficulty 8. I got crushed in 3.5 hours on diff. 9Any other strategy game I load up (against AIS), the results are a foregone conclusion. I will win.It has taken me over four years and six expansions, over a thousand hours... AND I LOSE ON 9.This game is not simple. it is not forgiving, and it sure as heck isn't easy to learn.If you are all about grand strategy but micromanagement leaves a bad taste in your mouth, this may be the best $20 you ever spend.
Get the bundle.
Was this review helpful?
109 people found this review funny
So.. I started a game to test the enemy AI, with each of the game's two AI opponents set to the 'Entrenched Homeworlder' preset and 10/10 difficulty (10/10, out of a possible 17 settings)To &make things fair& I gave myself a +300% boost to resources and limited the technology available for the round (no starships, no shields, couple other things..)The &match& lasted 6:12.Six minutes for me to set up my base.. I built a bank of 15 sniper turrets, and two semi-crescents of laser turrets, and piled minefields around the two warp points in my home system (and lightly along the path I was sure the devils would cut straight towards my base, as well..).I crafted a fleet of 200 ships, 50 of each available at the time. Set up tachyon drones and reinforced my swarm of engineers.. I created a Mobile Builder in case tragedy happened, and was just about to waste time setting up tractor beam turrets when they arrived.The ship types didn't matter. Nothing mattered.135 mixed enemy ships showed up and tore through the minefields like they weren't there. It killed some, but it wasn't enough. The spear of sea-foam green demons flew directly for my colony, shrugging off sniper and laser fire.. As my fleet approached, they simply drove through them.They didn't want the fleet.They took two things, in that 12 seconds: my home colony (which earns you a pleasantly red text stating YOU HAVE LOST!), and my energy supply (throwing my entire setup into electrical brown-out).Then they turned and left. I was reminded of an assassin, gently dispatching their hapless and hopeless victim with grace and ease, silent.. and leaving, without fanfare.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
AI War: Fleet Command
AI War Bundle (2014)
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile websitewww.tadayumi.sakura.ne.jp/apeboard_plus.cgi - Similar Sites and Reviews | Xmarks
Safe mode is ON.
We could not find the exact site you requested, but this one might be close.