韦东山老师的《嵌入式Linux应用开发完
本专题为Linux高级进阶教程,内容涉及
本套Linux视频教程,于3月1日开始陆续
意见或建议:
联系方式:
您已提交成功!感谢您的宝贵意见,我们会尽快处理【教程】修复常见ACPI问题(DSDT等) - CSDN博客
【教程】修复常见ACPI问题(DSDT等)
参考文章:
说明:这篇文章写于2004年,作者主要是针对Linux内核进行一些DSDT相关修复,但文章内容对于理解DSDT非常有益,这里翻译DSDT相关的内容,供参考。内容上有一些删减和增添。
1.1 ACPI 机器语言(AML,Acpi Machine Language)
参照(ACPI规范,日第五版),第17页:
Pseudo-code for a virtual machine supported by an ACPI-compatible OS and in which ACPI control methods and objects are written. The AML encoding definition is provided in section 19, &ACPI Machine Language (AML) Specification.&&
大致是说AML是一种虚拟程序码,用于ACPI兼容操作系统支持的虚拟机,程序码内部写有ACPI控制方法和对象。AML的编码定义在第19章“ACPI机器语言(AML)规范”提供。
也就是说AML是DSDT编译后的程序码。一台ACPI兼容操作系统必须能够理解AML。我们没有必要理解。
AML是一种BYTECODE,类似JAVA BYTECODE。也就是说,他并不是直接在机器上执行的2进制代码,而是需要OS来解释后执行。这样做的好处是方便错误检查,减少由于代码没写好而带来的负面影响。
1.2 ACPI&源语言 (ASL,Acpi Source Language)
还是参照ACPI规范,第18页:&
The programming language equivalent for AML. ASL is compiled into AML images. The ASL statements are defined in section 18, &ACPI Source Language (ASL) Reference.&
用于AML的编程语言。ASL被编译为AML文件。ASL语句在第18章中“ACPI源语言(ASL)参考”中定义。ASL是写DSDT的语言。如果你需要修复你的DSDT,你必须至少会写一点ASL。
1、ACPI 的NAMESPACE与一般的常量,变量的区别。
一般的编程语言中操作的是常量和变量。这些变量之间一般没啥关系,可以说是一堆平行(有序或者随机排列的)的内存地址而已。而在ACPI中,这个发生了明显变化。ACPI引入了一个NAMESPACE的观念。也就是说所有的OBJECT之间是有等级关系的。类似一个文件或者注册表系统,各个ACPI OBJECT(类似常量)之间都存在于一个路径下面,其中的根目录就是以符号“\&来表示。然后上下级目录之间用“.”来连接起来。
比如\_SB_. FOO.BAR 就表示根目录下的_SB_这个OBJECT下的FOO OBJECT下的BAR OBJECT。
因此,在ACPI中,很多操作都是作用在这个NAME SPACE 中的某个OBJECT上面。并由此引入了一系列相关概念。比如SCOPE。
为什么要这样设计呢?因为ACPI本身是一个针对性很强的规范,就是电源管理和硬件配置。因此把这些常用的OBJECT排列好,分类好。处理起来也方便。灵活性比一般的编程语言差了,但是简单,并且能满足设计要求。
2、ASL中有大量的OPERATOR(操作符)。
基本上看一段ASL代码,其中操作符占掉了大部分。比如ASL中很多都是如下形式:Device(PCI0)。一般在小括号前面的都是操作符,也就是预先定义好的。这也是因为ASL本身的目的就很简单,所以很多东西可以先定好。
看完了第一篇中关于 ASL的简单介绍之外,现在来看个具体的例子把. (PS: 俺喜欢栗子.) 本人最近对S3, S4 sleep 比较感兴趣,于是找出相应的代码看了下。去哪里找代码?如果你是在公司里干活的开发人员,那么恭喜你,你应该已经有源代码了。如果你是像我一样的外行,那么可以看看 COREBOOT ()。 COREBOOT 是一个开源的BIOS。支持的板子不多,比较老,但是开源,免费。。。
目前的COREBOOT也不是所有板子都支持了ACPI,只有一部分支持。我现在看的是 ASUS M2V-MX_SE的这块。在LINUX下,GREP 下他的源文件,就可以发现下面在mainboard/asus/m2v-mx_se/dsdt.asl 里有几行和 SLEEP 有关的定义:
Name (\_S0, Package () { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 })
Name (\_S3, Package () { 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 })
Name (\_S5, Package () { 0x02, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00 })
这是什么意思呢?我们来具体看下。本系列的第一篇说了,ASL里面有“一堆”的操作符,一般都在小括号前面。比如上面代码里的Name就是一个操作符。
啰嗦一下,这个ASL里面的操作符看着很奇怪。一般的C语言里,操作符也就是+,-,*,/ 等这么几个。到了 ASL, 这个Name看上去很像一个C函数,但是又没有具体实现的地方。我觉得可以理解成ASL内部实现了的一个函数。。。
好了,言归正传,既然Name是个操作符,那么就是ASL 本身已经定义好的。查下ACPI SPEC 就可以找到他的含义了。如下 (ACPI 4.0 Page 620):
Name (Declare Named Object)
Name (ObjectName, Object)
Arguments:
Creates a new object named ObjectName. Attaches Object to ObjectName in the Global ACPI namespace.
Description:
Creates ObjectName in the namespace, which references the Object.
The following example creates the name PTTX in the root of the namespace that references a package.
Name (\PTTX, // Port to Port Translate Table
Package () {Package () {0x43, 0x59}, Package) {0x90, 0xFF}}
The following example creates the name CNT in the root of the namespace that references an integer data object with the value 5.
Name (\CNT, 5)
简单的说Name就是定义了一个Object和他的名字。可以想象成是一个常量和这个常量的名字。在他的具体定义里,又包括了一个Package的定义。于是用同样的方法查下Package的定义( ACPI SPEC 4.0 PAGE 625).& 就知道他的含义了。就是把一堆Object放在一起,类似一个C语言里的结构体。
1.3 系统差异描述表(DSDT)
参考ACPI规范,第19页:
An OEM must supply a DSDT to an ACPI-compatible OS. The DSDT contains the Differentiated Definition Block, which supplies the implementation and configuration information about the base system. The OS always inserts the DSDT information into the ACPI Namespace
at system boot time and never removes it.
初始设备制造厂家(OEM)必须提供一个DSDT给ACPI兼容操作系统。DSDT包含差异定义块,它提供关于基本系统(base system)的执行和配置信息。操作系统总是在系统启动时将DSDT信息插入到ACPI命名空间并且从不移除。
基本上,可以把DSDT归结为来描述你的系统配置的。它包括所有ACPI支持的设备的定义并描述它们的兼容性。例如,它描述电池、交流适配器、嵌入式控制器、风扇、发热区。它以分级形式呈现这些信息,所以ACPI(和兼容操作系统)能够了解系统硬件之间的依存关系。DSDT在启动时加载。基本上,它告诉ACPI驱动要注意些什么。
简单说DSDT就是包含了所有和基本系统(base system)不同的设备的信息,base system每台机器都是一样的,这个是在ACPI规范里指定的,但是每台机器都是不相同的,所以不相同的设备大都是由DSDT表来描述。它包含了很多AML代码。标准的DSDT编译器是英特尔的iASL,而很多DSDT是由微软的编译器编译出来了。问题是,微软的DSDT编译器对源代码的更加宽松(比如说iASL的很多Error到微软这里就只是Warning了),从而导致一个不标准的、充满bug的DSDT。因此这些DSDT可以在Windows下正常工作,而到了Mac
OS、Linux就不行了。
1.4 系统描述从表(SSDT)
参见ACPI规范,第22页:
SSDTs are a continuation of the DSDT. Multiple SSDTs can be used as part of a platform description. After the DSDT is loaded into the ACPI Namespace, each secondary description table listed in the RSDT/XSDT with a unique OEM Table ID is loaded. This allows
the OEM to provide the base support in one table, while adding smaller system options in other tables.
&SSDT是DSDT的延续。多个SSDT可以用来作为平台描述的一部分。在DSDT被加载到ACPI命名空间后,每个RSDT/XSDT列举的SSDT和它唯一的OEM表识别号被加载。这允许OEM在一个表里提供基本支持,同时添加在其他表里添加小的系统选项。
注意:附加的表只能添加数据,不能覆盖之前表里的数据。一台电脑可能有多个SSDT表。也就是说,DSDT可能只含有设备(device)的基本信息,然后将详细信息放在具有唯一识别号的SSDT中,这也是为什么我们有时候需要让变色龙加载SSDT实现CPU变频或者将SSDT信息添加到DSDT中去实现一些功能。&
2. 问题描述
ACPI规范对DSDT的要求(和其它的内容)进行了定义而且非常严格。英特尔的编译器iASL用于将DSDT从ASL编译为AML,如果基本的ASL有错误,编译器会给出错误(error)和警告(warning)。不幸的是微软的ASL编译器允许很多这样的错误和警告通过。结果就是很多OEM厂商写有错误的DSDT,而且结果是Windows对于这些微软的编译器产生的这些DSDT中的错误非常宽容(一点都不奇怪)。
这也就是说一个不符合ACPI规范的DSDT会在Windows下工作,即便它不应该工作。当你试图在Linux、MacOS下使用时,ACPI的开发者期望DSDT是按照标准(并且用英特尔的ASL编译器)编写的,DSDT中的错误部分就不被支持。如果你有一个有错误的DSDT,ACPI可能识别设备的存在。或者能够识别,但不支持所有的功能。如果你遇到这些症状(/proc/acpi缺失或者不完全支持),那么这可能是一个有错误的DSDT引起的。
你可以通过在dmesg中查看DSDT相关行是否有“MSFT”来确定你的DSDT是否通过微软的编译器编译。
ACPI: RSDP (v000 GBT ) @ 0x000f6d20
ACPI: RSDT (v001 GBT AWRDACPI 0x42302e31 AWRD 0x) @ 0x3fff3000
ACPI: FADT (v001 GBT AWRDACPI 0x42302e31 AWRD 0x) @ 0x3fff3040
ACPI: MADT (v001 GBT AWRDACPI 0x42302e31 AWRD 0x) @ 0x3fff7080
ACPI: DSDT (v001 GBT AWRDACPI 0x MSFT 0x0100000c) @ 0x
/*这一行有MSFT*/
理想情况下,我们可以相信我们最爱的电脑制作商来修复他们的DSDT。那是个好主意,但是我们在如地狱般的漫长等待中,我们也可以自己来修复我们的DSDT。
我们可以手动修复这些bug使之兼容MAC系统。DSDT在bios里是以编译后的aml文件存在,需要把它解出来,反编译成aml代码形式(dsl文件,文本文件),代码修改完毕再重新编译,替换掉bios里原来的dsdt表。不过PC-EFI,Chameleon的出现,使得我们不再需要冒险刷bios,只要把制作好的DSDT.aml文件放在根目录或者/Extra文件夹里,启动的时候就会自动使用这个DSDT.aml,从而达到修复ACPI系统bug的作用。
3. 免责声明
这里列举的一些方法应该可以解决Linux(Mac OS)下ACPI相关的很多问题。然而,它们不一定会解决你所有的ACPI问题。不幸的是,有很多ACPI引起的故障。如果在尝试这些修复后,你的ACPI问题依然存在,那你可能在你的ACPI驱动代码中有错误(MacOS不支持硬件)。你可能会遇到不可预测的系统问题,包括硬件和软件。对此你需要自行承担风险。我们概不负责。
好了,关于不能解决的先说这么多,下面我们来看看我们能做的。第一件事情,获取你电脑的DSDT。有很多方法可以获取到DSDT,比如通过变色龙官方偏好面板、AIDA64(Everest)、Chameleon Wizard等。推荐在Windows下使用AIDA64获取,方法不再赘述。
4. 修复DSDT你需要什么
在开始修复你的DSDT之前,你需要准备:
1、已经提取的DSDT文件(SSDT文件)。
2、英特尔iASL编译器。
3、一些常见的DSDT修复代码(参考HJMac UDT)。
5. 诊断一个有错误的DSDT
很明显,修复DSDT你需要先知道DSDT是不是有错。所以我们要做的第一件事就是找出DSDT是否有错。最简单的办法是将DSDT重新编译(反编译后再编译),然后看我们是不是能从英特尔的编译器得到报错。你需要一个英特尔的iASL编译器来做这个工作。(可以直接用iASLMe,将aml文件拖到窗口上会反编译,将asl文件拖放到窗口上会编译。)
如果你的DSDT有错误,重新编译时你会看到相应的错误和/或警告提示。举例来说,从我的笔记本上,我在重新编译时得到下面的信息:
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler / AML Disassembler version
[Feb 28 2003]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2003 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 2.0b
Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)
Field (ECR, DWordAcc, Lock, Preserve)
^ Host Operation Region requires ByteAcc access
Method (_GLK, 1, NotSerialized)
^ Reserved method has too many arguments ( _GLK requires 0)
ASL Input:
dsdt.dsl - 3759 lines, 123154 bytes, 1862 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 2 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 390 Optimizations
一个错误,两个警告。在这种情况下,我们可以来修复DSDT中的错误。
6. 修复DSDT
The first thing that you should do if you have a buggy DSDT is to head over to the at acpi.sourceforge.net. They have fixed DSDTs for a number of laptops,
so your model may already have a fix available. If there is a fix there, then just download it, extract it, recompile the asl using iasl as above, and proceed to Section 9. If there isn't already a fixed DSDT available, then you will have to try to fix your
DSDT yourself. Read on for an example from my machine.
Unfortunately, this step will differ for every system. In my case, the fix was simple and self-evident, but I can't guarantee that that will be the case with you. You can find solutions to common DSDT compilation errors.
At the end of the document, I'll have a list of useful resources in case you get stuck. OK - on to the fixing!
In order to fix the DSDT, you'll have to edit the dsdt.dsl file that we created in the diagnosis. Let's use mine as an example. Unless you also have a Gateway 200X, your process will be different (and if you do have a 200X, then you can get the fixed DSDT).
However, this should at least give you an overview of the process.
As you may recall, when I compiled my DSDT, I got one error:
dsdt.dsl& 2626:& & & & & & & & & & &Field (ECR, DWordAcc, Lock, Preserve)
Error& & 1048 -& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & ^ Host Operation Region requires ByteAcc access
This tells me the following:
- The error is on line 2626
- The region in question requires ByteAcc Access
Since I see that this line has a DWordAcc value specified, I assume that that is what is causing the problem. So, I opened dsdt.dsl in a text editor and fixed that line:
Edit dsdt.dsl
vi dsdt.dsl
Change any lines that are raising errors. I changed line 2626 from this
Field (ECR, DWordAcc, Lock, Preserve)
Field (ECR, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
Save and close the file. Now that we've made the change, we have to recompile to see if we actually fixed the problem.
Recompile dsdt.dsl
./iasl -tc dsdt.dsl
Now, when I recompile, I get the following:
[Feb 28 2003]
dsdt.dsl& &163:& & &Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning& 2026 -& & & & & & & & ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)
dsdt.dsl& 2672:& & & & & & & & & & &Method (_GLK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning& 2024 -& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & ^ Reserved method has too many arguments ( _GLK requires 0)
ASL Input:& dsdt.dsl - 3759 lines, 123153 bytes, 1862 keywords
AML Output: DSDT.aml - 14600 bytes 499 named objects 1363 executable opcodes
Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 2 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 390 Optimizations
Alright! The error is gone. The warnings are still there, though. Let's get rid of them now, too.
Repeat steps 1-3 for the warnings
The second warning seems to be the easier one:
dsdt.dsl& 2672:& & & & & & & & & & &Method (_GLK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning& 2024 -& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & ^ Reserved method has too many arguments ( _GLK requires 0)
So, the _GLK method has too many arguments. Let's get rid of them. We can fix this by changing line 2672 from this:
Method (_GLK, 1, NotSerialized)
Method (_GLK)
Recompiling now only gives me the one warning:
dsdt.dsl& &163:& & &Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning& 2026 -& & & & & & & & ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)
From , I see that the solution is to add the following line to the end of the _WAK method:
Return(Package(0x02){0x00, 0x00})
What does this line mean? A little digging into the ACPI spec (Section 7.3.5) yields some information about the _WAK method.
Arguments:
0& &The value of the sleeping state (1 for S1, 2 for S2, and so on).
Result Code (2 DWORD package):
Status& &Bit field of defined conditions that occurred during sleep.
& &0x& &Wake was signaled and was successful
& &0x& &Wake was signaled but failed due to lack of power.
& &0x& &Wake was signaled but failed due to thermal condition.
& &Other& &Reserved
PSS& &If non-zero, the effective S-state the power supply really entered.
This value is used to detect when the targeted S-state was not entered because of too much current being drawn from the power supply. For example, this might occur when some active device’s current consumption pushes the system’s power requirements over the
low power supply mark, thus preventing the lower power mode from being entered as desired.
OK, so the _WAK method accepts one argument, which is the number of the sleep state that was requested. It returns its result as a package of 2 DWORDs. The first value is a code that tells whether the wake was successful (0 on success, nonzero on failure) and,
if not, why. The second value is also zero on success and on failure returns the value of the sleep state that was actually entered. So basically, it's a success/failure code.
In Chapter 16, we can find out how to define a Package.
PackageTerm& &:= Package(
& & & & & & & & & & & & & NumElements& //Nothing |
& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &//ByteConstExpr |
& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &//TermArg=&Integer
& & & & & & & & & & & & ) {PackageList} =& Package
The first argument of the package declaration specifies the number of elements in the package, and the second is the package itself. So, the declaration above simply defines a two element package, where each of the elements is zero. This is necessary because
the spec requires that the _WAK method return two values.
So, what this really boils down to is a dummy return value that satisfies the spec (thus eliminating the warnings), but doesn't really do anything. It just always returns a &Success& condition.
OK, now that that is cleared up, I add that line, recompile, and.... (drum roll please)
[Feb 28 2003]
ASL Input:& dsdt.dsl - 3760 lines, 123177 bytes, 1863 keywords
AML Output: DSDT.aml - 14606 bytes 499 named objects 1364 executable opcodes
Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 392 Optimizations
Excellent! No errors, no warnings. We now have a &fixed& DSDT (remember, the _WAK method isn't really fixed, we've just shut up the warning on compile). Many of
the suggestions in the DSDT HOWTOs that I found are really just workarounds, not proper fixes. If you would like a more thorough analysis of your DSDT, you may want to ask the folks on the acpi-devel mailing list. If you succesfully used this process to fix
your DSDT, please consider to the DSDT repository, so that others can benefit from your work.
All that remains now is to convince our kernel to use the new DSDT.
As stated above, this will create two files, dsdt.hex andDSDT.aml. You will need to use one or the other of these files in the next step, depending on which method you use to override
your DSDT. If you use the static DSDT override method, then you will needdsdt.hex. If you use the initrd method, then you will needDSDT.aml.
8. Incorporating the fixed DSDT into the kernel
There are two ways to incorporate your new DSDT into the kernel. The first way is to include it statically at compile time. The second is to pass it to the kenel at boot time as an initrd. The initrd approach is probably preferable, especially if you need to
make a lot of changes to your DSDT, because it doesn't require that you recompile your kernel for each new DSDT. The static method does. Each method requires a kernel patch. Let's start with the static method first:
9a. Static DSDT override
To statically override your DSDT at kernel compile time, you will have to apply a patch to your kernel to have it read in the new DSDT, and then copy your fixed DSDT .hex file(dsdt.hex) to the kernel source tree for inclusion
in the kernel.
So, first things first, let's patch the kernel.
Obtain DSDT override patch from
Save the file to your machine. Let's call it dsdt_override.diff.
Patch your kernel. I'm assuming that the kernel sources are located in /usr/src/linux-2.4.23, since that's the version I used. If yours are elsewhere, then modify the paths accordingly.
cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.23
patch -p1 & /path/to/dsdt_override.diff
If you don't get any errors, then the patch succeeded. The patch expects to find the fixed DSDT in the linux source tree, under includes/acpi. It expects it to be named dsdt_table.h. So, let's give it what it wants.
Copy dsdt.hex to the kernel source tree.
cp /path/to/dsdt.hex /usr/src/linux-2.4.23/include/acpi/dsdt_table.h
Recompile your kernel.
That ought to do it. After recompiling, move your new kernel image to /boot (maybe don't overwrite your current kernel - just to be safe), and reboot. If any of
your acpi problems were caused by the buggy DSDT, then they should be fixed. /proc/acpi/dsdt should now contain your new fixed DSDT, so you can always cat that back out and recompile it to make sure that you are getting what you expect (i.e. no errors).
Remember, if you make more changes to your DSDT, then you'll have to recopy it to &linux&/include/acpi/dsdt_table.h and recompile your kernel.
9b. initrd DSDT override
The initrd method requires about the same amount of setup as the static method for the initial DSDT, but any subsequent changes can be incorporated much more easily. Basically, you will have to patch your kernel, copy your fixed DSDT .aml file(DSDT.aml)
to /boot, and direct the kernel to incorporate it as an initrd. If you are already using an initrd for something, then there is a bit more work involved. I'll go over that after describing the basic case.
So, again, the first thing we have to do is patch the kernel.
Get the appropriate initrd patch for your kernel from
Apply the patch to your kernel (in my case, I tested this on 2.6.0)
cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.0
patch -p1 & /path/to/acpi-dsdt-initrd-patch-v0.4-2.6.0.diff
Make sure that ramdisk and initrd support are compiled statically into the kernel
Device Drivers ---&
& & Block Devices ---&
& & & & &*& RAM disk support
& & & & [*] Initial RAM disk (initrd) support
Make sure that the new &Read DSDT from initrd& option is selected under the ACPI menu
Power management options (ACPI, APM) ---&
& & ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support ---&
& & & & [*] Read DSDT from initrd
Recompile the kernel
Great! Now the kernel is ready to accept a DSDT as an initrd. Next, we need to copy the fixed DSDT.aml file to /boot and edit our grub.conf to point to the DSDT.
Copy the fixed DSDT.aml to /boot:
mount /boot
cp /path/to/DSDT.aml /boot
Edit grub.conf to use the new DSDT as an initrd. For example, mine looks like this:
title=Gentoo Linux (2.6.0 - DSDT initrd)
root (hd0,5)
kernel (hd0,5)/boot/linux-2.6.0-dsdt-initrd root=/dev/hd8
initrd=/boot/DSDT.aml
The important line is the &initrd=& line. Please remember to use your actual paths for root and kernel - don't just copy this into your grub.conf verbatim.
When you reboot, the new kernel should pick up the DSDT from the /boot partition and load it up as directed by the initrd parameter. You should see a message in dmesg that says &Looking for DSDT in initrd ...&
Now, if you make changes to your dsdt, all you have to do is copy the new DSDT.aml to /boot and reboot to incorporate those changes. No kernel recompile required.
9c. initrd override with bootsplash
If you are already using an initrd for something, like bootsplash, you can still use this method. You just have to create the initrd a bit differently. Instead of simply copying DSDT.aml to /boot and using it as the initrd, you have to cat a signature for the
DSDT into your existing initrd, and then cat the DSDT into it as well. For example, my bootsplash initrd is currently called initrd-. So, here's what I did to add the DSDT.
Make a copy of /boot/initrd- for use with the DSDT
cp /boot/initrd- /boot/initrd--dsdt
Append the DSDT signature to the initrd
echo &INITRDDSDT123DSDT123& && /boot/initrd--dsdt
cat the fixed DSDT.aml into the initrd
cat /path/to/DSDT.aml && /boot/initrd--dsdt
Modify grub.conf to use the new initrd on boot:
title=Gentoo Linux (2.6.0 gentoo - bootsplash + DSDT initrd)
root (hd0,5)
kernel (hd0,5)/boot/linux-2.6.0-gentoo-dsdt root=/dev/hd8 video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=0x317
initrd=/boot/initrd--dsdt
Voila! When you boot up, you should now get your lovely bootsplash screen and your new dsdt, both incorporated from the initrd.
If you make changes to the DSDT, you just have to rebuild your initrd as above (which is a good reason to make a copy of your existing one, rather than appending to it directly).
9. My DSDT is fixed, but I still have ACPI errors. Now what?
10a. Windows-only DSDT functionality
You may find that you have no errors in your DSDT, but there are still errors in dmesg, or missing ACPI functionality. This may be because your DSDT is testing for the name of your OS. Many DSDTs do this, and enable certain functionality only if you are running
a particular OS (usually, of course, Windows XP). To test for this, look for lines in your DSDT that check the value or length of the &_OS& variable. For example, you may find lines like this:
If (LEqual (SizeOf (_OS), 0x14))
This is checking for an OS name with a length of 20 (0x14) characters. Some examples are &Microsoft Windows NT& or &Microsoft Windows XP&. You could try to rewrite your DSDT to skip these checks, or to provide the missing functionality for other OSes, but this
is tedious and error-prone. Fortunately, there is a simpler way. There is a boot parameter that you can pass to the kernel to tell ACPI to pretend that you are running Windows to restore the missing functionality, rather than rewriting your DSDT. The parameter
is called acpi_os_name. So, in grub.conf, you would just add this parameter to the kernel line, like this:
acpi_os_name=&Microsoft Windows XP&
This should restore any functionality that is dependent on your OS identifying itself as Windows XP. Other common _OS length checks are:
0x11: &Microsoft Windows&
0x27: &Microsoft WindowsME: Millennium Edition&
These tests are also sometimes used to disable certain functionality for certain Windows OSes. So, you may want to take a few minutes to try to work out what your DSDT is doing before fudging the OS name. You should probably
take note of what works and what doesn't before and after trying this, just in case you end up turning something off.
10b. Missing ECDT
If your problem isn't that the DSDT is checking whether or not you are running Windows, then you may have a missing ECDT. The ECDT is used to provide some minimal information about the Embedded Controller to the ACPI drivers before the Embedded Controller region
has actually been parsed from the DSDT. This is frequently necessary before initializing the battery and ac adapter, so if you have errors in dmesg from the battery, adapter or EmbeddedControl, the ECDT is the likely culprit. For instance, after fixing my
DSDT, I had the following errors in dmesg:
evregion-0251 [22] ev_address_space_dispa: No handler for Region [ECR_] (df5ec688) [EmbeddedControl]
&exfldio-0284 [21] ex_access_region& & & : Region EmbeddedControl(3) has no handler
&dswexec-0435 [14] ds_exec_end_op& & & & : [LEqual]: Could not resolve operands, AE_NOT_EXIST
dswstate-0273 [16] ds_result_pop_from_bot: No result objects! State=df5fb428
&dsutils-0525 [16] ds_create_operand& & &: Missing or null operand, AE_AML_NO_RETURN_VALUE
&psparse-1120: *** Error: Method execution failed [\_SB_.ADP1._STA] (Node df5f42c8), AE_AML_NO_RETURN_VALUE
evregion-0251 [22] ev_address_space_dispa: No handler for Region [ECR_] (df5ec688) [EmbeddedControl]
&exfldio-0284 [21] ex_access_region& & & : Region EmbeddedControl(3) has no handler
&dswexec-0435 [14] ds_exec_end_op& & & & : [LEqual]: Could not resolve operands, AE_NOT_EXIST
dswstate-0273 [16] ds_result_pop_from_bot: No result objects! State=df5fb428
&dsutils-0525 [16] ds_create_operand& & &: Missing or null operand, AE_AML_NO_RETURN_VALUE
&psparse-1120: *** Error: Method execution failed [\_SB_.BAT1._STA] (Node df5f4848), AE_AML_NO_RETURN_VALUE
EmbeddedControl is obviously the embedded controller. ADP1 is the ac adapter and BAT1 is the battery. After booting, my /proc/acpi/ac_adapter and /proc/acpi/battery directories were empty. All of this was caused by the missing ECDT.
A couple of patches have been proposed to correct this behavior. So far, the most promising one is. This defers the Embedded Controller's initialization
until it has actually been parsed from the DSDT. This patch restored my missing ECDT-related functionality (battery and adapter), and has been reported to do the same for a number of different systems. It may be applied to both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernel sources.
10c. My power and/or sleep buttons don't work
The ACPI spec defines two types of power and sleep buttons. They are called fixed-feature (FF) buttons and control method (CM) buttons. The difference between the two is that FF buttons are defined at a lower level than the DSDT, in the FADT. CM buttons are
defined in the DSDT. It is possible for your system to have both types of button. You can tell which you have by the presence of an &FF& or &CM& next to the button alert in dmesg. For example, my dmesg gives the following:
ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]
ACPI: Lid Switch [LID0]
ACPI: Sleep Button (CM) [SLPB]
So, acpi is detecting an FF power button and a CM sleep button. I actually also have a CM power button defined in my DSDT. However, in accordance with the ACPI spec, if the linux drivers detect an FF button, the CM button is ignored. Unfortunately, the FF power
button does not generate an ACPI event in my case. However, the CM sleep button does generate events.
I opened a
for this behavior. However, it is unlikely that the behavior will change, since it would contradict the spec to give CM buttons precedence over FF buttons. So, I posted a
to provide a workaround for the problem on the 2.6 kernels.
The patch allows you to provide a new boot parameter, called
ignore_ff_buttons. It accepts one of three values,
PWRF (to ignore only the FF power button),
SLPF (to ignore only the FF sleep button), or
BOTH (to ignore both FF buttons).
In my case, I just want to ignore the FF power button, since I am already using the CM sleep button. So, I modified my grub.conf as below:
title=Gentoo Linux (2.6.1 - all ACPI patches)
root (hd0,5)
kernel (hd0,5)/boot/linux-2.6.1 root=/dev/hda8 ignore_ff_buttons=PWRF
initrd=/boot/DSDT.aml
Now, when I reboot, dmesg shows me the following buttons:
ACPI: Lid Switch [LID0]
ACPI: Sleep Button (CM) [SLPB]
ACPI: Power Button (CM) [PWRB]
And I get ACPI events from my power button.
If you decide to use this patch, please be careful. I haven't created a kernel patch before. This one doesn't do much, so it should be pretty safe, but I highly recommend that you back up your kernel tree before applying
it. Also, if you do decide to use it, I would be very interested to hear whether or not it works for you. Of course, I'm sure that I'll hear if it doesn't, but if it does, I would also like to know.
10d. My BIOS is blacklisted
Some BIOSes have been blacklisted by the ACPI developers because they have known problems. These problems are usually related to the DSDT, so you might be able to repair these problems using the above techniques. Unfortunately, if the ACPI code detects that
you have a blacklisted BIOS, it will disable ACPI even if you have fixed your DSDT. If you have a blacklisted BIOS, you will see a message like this on boot:
ACPI: Vendor &PTLTD & System && DSDT& & Revision 0x6040000 has a known ACPI BIOS problem.
ACPI: Reason: Multiple problems. This is a non-recoverable error
ACPI: BIOS listed in blacklist, disabling ACPI support
To get around this, you'll have to comment out the line in the ACPI code that causes your BIOS to short circuit the ACPI startup process. The file that sets the blacklisted BIOSes is/usr/src/linux/drivers/acpi/blacklist.c.
To prevent your blacklisted BIOS from causing trouble, open up the file and comment out the appropriate line instatic struct acpi_blacklist_item acpi_blacklist[]. For example, in the above case, the line to comment is:
{&PTLTD &, && DSDT& &, 0x, ACPI_DSDT, less_than_or_equal, &Multiple problems&, 1},
Once you've commented out the line that corresponds to your BIOS, recompile your kernel and reboot. The ACPI drivers should now initialize, and the messages about the blacklisted BIOS should go away. You may also have to boot with &acpi=force& on the kernel
line of your grub.conf to get this to work (thanks to
sleek for clarifying).
10e. I have an Asus laptop
If you have an Asus laptop, you may want to check out the . This is a driver that provides ACPI support on linux for most Asus laptops, including special keys and LEDs. The driver is being actively developed, so if you have a recent Asus laptop that isn't yet supported by the driver, support may
be coming soon.
10f. It's still not working!
If, at this point, you are still having errors, there are one or two more things to try. If ACPI refuses to initialize, you can try booting with &acpi=force& in your grub.conf. This is sometimes necessary in order to force the ACPI drivers to initialize with
older BIOSes. If you still have ACPI-related errors on boot and have a single-processor machine, then try disabling multiprocessor support, local apic support and IO-apic support in your kernel. You can also try booting with the &pci=noacpi& or &noapic& options.
The apic code still seems many people have reported problems with it.
If none of the above recommendations helps, then I would strongly suggest contacting the ACPI developers. You have likely found a bug in the ACPI code. In particular, if you are having suspend/resume problems, you are far from alone. This code is still being
worked out. Give the acpi-devel mailing list a shot. You can also, of course, post your errors here, and I'll try to see what I can do to help, but the acpi gurus are likely to be a better resource.
10. Useful ACPI resources
There are a number of good ACPI resources, in case you get stuck. The ones that I found most helpful were:
acpi-devel and acpi-bugzilla
(the is here, including ASL documentation, which is the language used for the DSDT)
- get the iasl compiler here.
at acpi.sourceforge.net
at acpi.sourceforge.net.
Documentation for the
Documentation for the
11. Acknowledgements
I'd like to thank the ACPI developers, expecially Luming Yu and Bruno Ducrot. All of them have been very helpful and very responsive. In general, the ACPI mailing lists and bugzilla are wonderful resources for ACPI help.
本文已收录于以下专栏:
相关文章推荐
原贴地址:/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html
版权说明:本文章参考tonymacx86的Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs这篇文章,
如果需要转载,请注明原文地址:
概览为了让OS X的各个组件在你的笔记本上更好的运行,你...
请尊重原贴作者
与 本贴楼主。原作者把自己丰富的经验分享给了大家,本贴作者每个贴子平均花了3个小时翻译。
所以,转载请注明出处:
原贴地址:http://www.tonymacx8...
又有时间写博客了,这次来写ACPI table的遍历,还是比较简单的
ACPI:AdvAdvanced Configuration and PowerInterfaceanced Configurat...
写在前面的话,鄙人不是一个主板BIOS开发工作者,以下对ASL的理解仅仅来源于/上的ACPI Specification文档。因此难免会出现不少错误的理解,以及...
在DSDT的修改中会出现各种各样的Warnings和Errors,Warnings可以忽略,除非你和我一样是一个完美主义者;Error就不能视而不见了,出现Error之后会使引导出现问题。所以相对于W...
cheng@chpc:/usr/src/linux-3.18.4/drivers/acpi$ grep -rn "has zero elements" ./*
匹配到二进制文件 ./acpi.o
严正声明:
  在linux下面使用命令行操作时,一定要懂得命令行的意思,然后再执行,要不然在不知道接下来会发生什么的情况下输入一通命令,linux很有可能崩掉。
  因为在linux下面,使用s...
版权说明,本文参考tonymacx86的[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control
如果转载,请注明原文地址:
前言注意:本教...
这本来是上学期C++课的课程实验,一直都忘记把它写下来。
  当时的实验要求是用函数模板建立一个函数可以对输入的结构体的任一成员进行函数体的排序。我本身C++学的也比较水,本来说既然确定了结构用个参...
他的最新文章
讲师:何宇健
讲师:董岩
您举报文章:
举报原因:
原文地址:
原因补充:
(最多只允许输入30个字)

我要回帖

更多关于 cdrx8出现了一个问题 的文章

随机推荐