全国30余所著名高校百余位英语教育专家参加编写& 阵容强大
&&& &新世纪高等院校英语专业本科生系列教材&的编写
和出版,不仅能满足2l世纪英语人才培养的需要,其前
瞻性、先进性和创新性也将为外语乃至其他学科教材的
编写开辟一条新的思路,拓展一片新的视野。
《综合教程》高级阶段是《综合教程》基础阶段的延续,也分四册,本册为第七册,供英语专业四年级第一学期使用。
第七册共有14个单元,每个单元由TextI、TextII和相关的练习构成。建议使用本书的教师在一周的时间内完成一个单元的教学任务。
本册所有的课文均选自第一手的英文资料,除了原文偏长需要删节以及少数冷僻词语作了替换外,其余一律保持原文的风貌,尽最大可能为学生提供原汁原味的英语语言素材。
此外,本册课本的编者在编写过程中还有一个共同的想法,即把它编成一本有灵魂的教材,也就是能体现一种凌鸳于一课具体课文之上的统一的思想和整体的设计。我们认为,英语学习不仅是一种语言技能的学习,更应该是对英语文化的学习。这种学习不是浮光掠影式的浏览与泛泛的了解,而应该带着严肃的思考与深刻的追求。我们希望带领学生通过学习对异质文化产生应有的尊敬,并进而通过由差异而产生的批判距离对我们自身所处的文化进行有深度的反思与批评。只有经过这样的比较与思考,我们才能真正了解自己的文化,才能使我们的思维方式变得成熟,用更大的热情去爱自己的文化。同时,摆脱偏见的拘囿,以宽广的视野、宽容的心态来接受与欣赏人类共同的精神文明成果,培养洞察优劣的批评能力。而这在我们看来,正是人文精神的精髓所在。
那么,在这些目的之上还有更高的追求吗?有。我们希望通过自己的努力,能使学生的目光穿透知识,落到人生的大智慧上;能透过世象的迷雾,看到生活的本质;能摆脱内心的浮躁与骚动,获得心灵的平静与精神的自由。我们不能给予他们幸福,但我们希望能尽自己的绵薄之力,帮助他们获得争取幸福的能力,提升他们理解幸福的境界。而这在我们看来,正是教师所能给予学生的最好的东西。
& 普通高等教育&十五&国家级规划教材
新世纪高等院校英语专业本科生系列教材
&&& 随着改革开放的日趋深入,社会各界对外语人才的需求持续增长,我国英语
专业的招生规模逐年扩大,教学质量不断提高。英语专业本科生教育的改革、学
科建设及教材的出版亦取得了巨大的成绩,先后出版了一系列在全国有影响的
精品教材。21世纪的到来对英语人才的培养提出了更高的标准,同时也为学科
建设和教材编写提出了新的要求。随着中国加入世界贸易组织,社会需要的不
是仅仅懂英语的毕业生,而是思维科学、心理健康、知识面广博、综合能力强,
并能熟练运用英语的高素质的专门人才。由于中学新的课程标准的颁布,中学
生英语水平逐年提升,英语专业本科生入学时的基础和综合素质也相应提高。此
外,大学英语(公外)教育的迅猛发展,学生英语能力的提高,也为英语专业学
生的培养提出了严峻的挑战和更新更高的要求。这就规定了21世纪的英语教学
不是单纯的英语培训,而是英语教育,是以英语为主体,全面培养高素质的复
合型人才。教材的编写和出版也应顺随这种潮流。
&&& 为了迎接时代的挑战,作为我国最大的外语教材和图书出版基地之一的上海
外语教育出版社(外教社)理应成为外语教材出版的领头羊。在充分调研的基础上,
外教社及时抓住机遇,于新世纪之初约请了全国25所主要外语院校和教育部重点
综合大学英语院系的50多位英语教育家,在上海召开了&全国高等院校英语专业
本科生系列教材编写委员会会议&。代表们一致认同了编写面向新世纪教材的必要
性、可行性和紧迫性,并对编写思想、教材构建、编写程序等提出了建议和要求。
而后,外教社又多次召开全国和上海地区的专家、学者会议,撰写编写大纲、确
定教材类别、选定教材项目、讨论审核样稿。经过一年多的努力,终于迎来了第
一批书稿。
&&& 这套系列教材共分语言知识和语言技能、语言学与文学、语言与文化、人文
科学、测试与教学法等几个板块,总数将超过150余种,可以说几乎涵盖了当前我
国高校英语专业所开设的全部课程。编写内容深入浅出,反映了各个学科领域的
最新研究成果;编写体例采用国家最新有关标准,力求科学、严谨,满足各门课
程的具体要求;编写思想上,除了帮助学生打下扎实的语言基本功外,还着力培
养学生分析问题、解决问题的能力,提高学生的人文、科学素养,培养健康向上的人&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 生观,使学生真正成为我国21世纪所需要的外语专门人才。
&&& 本套教材编写委员会由我国英语界的知名人士组成,其中多数是在各个领域
颇有建树的专家,不少是高等学校外语专业教学指导委员会的委员。教材作者均
由编写委员会的专家在仔细审阅校稿后商定,有的是从数名候选人中遴选,总体
上代表了中国英语教育的发展方向和水平。
&&& 鉴于该套教材编写理念新颖、特色明显、体系宏大、作者权威,国家教育部
已经将其列入了cc十五,,重点教材规划项目。我们相信,继&高等院校英语语言
文学专业研究生系列教材,,之后,外教社该套教材的编写和出版,不仅会满足21
世纪英语人才的培养需要,其前瞻性、先进性和创新性也将为外语乃至其他学科
教材的编写开辟一条新的思路,拓展一片新的视野。
上海外国语大学校长
《综合教程》第七、八册是为高等院校英语专业四年级学生编写的高级英语课教材。由上
海外国语大学负责编写。
&&& 按照现行英语专业教学大纲,第一、二年级要求设置基础英语课程,三年级设置高级英
语课程,四年级则没有明确规定开设相应的课程。目前的实际情况是有的学校从一年级到四
年级都设有一门主干英语课程,一、二年级称基础英语,三、四年级称高级英语;有的学校
则只开设到三年级为止,四年级不再开设相应的高级英语课程。我们认为作为四年制的本科
专业,英语专业的学生到了第四年依然有必要通过各种方式、各种课程继续提高自己的英语
水平。这就是为什么我们在这套《综合教程》里依然包括了第七、八册的原因。
&&& 通过前三年的学习,学生在英语的听、说、读、写、译等方面应该都具备了较强的能力,
能够比较自如地运用英语。因此,到了第四年,学生虽然依然需要提高英语水平,但这个阶
段学习的重心应该更多地转移到运用英语这个工具来汲取丰富的人文知识养分,提高自身的
人文素养,拓展自己的视野,提高自己的思维能力这些方面上来。第七、八册虽然是《(综合
教程)》成套教材中的最后两册,但这两册书和前面六册在目的要求和使用方法上有明显的区
别。就语言能力的培养而言,第七、八两册虽然每个单元对学生的词汇、语法、口头表达、写
作和翻译等各个方面都配有练习并有一定的要求,但更侧重对阅读能力的培养。这两册书课
文的语言难度和思想深度都大大超过了前面的六册,对阅读能力的要求不仅仅是对所读内容
一般的、浅层的理解,更是对作者观点和写作目的深层领悟,以及对语言的欣赏能力,并在
此过程中汲取丰富的人文精神养分,提高自己的人文修养和人文素质。从这个意义上说,第
七、八两册书更接近于两本高级英语阅读教材。
&&& 第七、八册的课文绝大多数出自英美作家之手,除了因原文过长我们节选部分使用以及
替换了少数冷僻词语之外,对文字我们不做其他任何改动。大多数文章出自二十世纪名人名
家之手,也有部分选自十九世纪的名篇,体裁以散文为主。文章论及世界、社会、文化、哲
学、人生等各个方面,对提高学生的人文素质很有好处。
&&& 第七册含14个单元,第八册含12个单元,每个单元的构成如下:
Pre-reading questions
Text comprehension
Text appreciation
Language work
Translation
For further thinking
Writing practice
&&& 对其中几个部分的编写我们作以下的说明:
& 一Text appreciation对课文中作者使用的修辞手段和写作特点作了提示,以引起学生的注意,
帮助他们体验文章语言文字的优美和力量,并学会在自己的写作中使用。
&&& Translation这两册的翻译练习只安排了汉译英的段落翻译,这主要是因为中国学生的汉
译英能力一般来说弱于英译汉的能力。同时这也体现了对专业四年级学生的高要求。用于翻
译的段落大多为课文内容的归纳和总结。
&&& For further thinking这部分的目的是进一步启发学生对所学课文进行思考,可以作为口
头讨论、书面表达的基础。
&&& Writing practice这两册书的写作练习大体上围绕着毕业论文的撰写进行,论文写作的主
要环节分散安排到每一课里去。
&&& 为了方便教师使用,和前面六册一样,第七、八册配备了较为详尽的教师用书,内容主
要包括对课文的分析和难点的讲解。这两册书的课文都具有较高的难度,在教师用书里我们
提出了自己对文章的理解,供大家参考。
&&& 由于编写的时间仓促,编者的水平有限,我们的教材难免会有不尽如人意之处,也肯定
会有种种谬误,我们真诚希望使用本教材的广大教师和学生给我们指出,以便我们改进和更
greatest humorist in America since Mark Twain, James Thurber portrayed the relationship
between men and women in every way but traditional. The characters of his stories are very
often somewhat exaggerated, very much like cartoon figures (Thurber was a famous cartoonist).
Despite their different professions, their major identities are husbands and wives. In the meantime,
the world outside the family in his stories is only a vague background. In a sense, his deliberate
omission of details in depicting the outside world and his focus on family relationship enable
him to paint a most vivid portrait of what is going on in the minds of people in his age.
&&&&& From Thurber's stories, we draw a sure conclusion that he is quite pessimistic about the
relationship between men and women. In his stories, a very distinctive feature of the relation-
ship between the couple is that there is very often a gap of intellectual level between the two
parties of the marriage. The smarter one may not necessarily choose to play the stronger role,
like the seemingly meek and henpecked husband in Unicorn in the Garden who finally won the
war by putting his wife into lunatic asylum. But even though the smarter wins in the end, the
victory would never be an admirable one. James Thurber's view is, though only vaguely ex-
pressed in his stories, that mo matter how poor the relationship between them is, the husband
&and the wife belong to a common whole and when one half defeats the other, he or she also
&hurts himself or herself. So more often, both would be losers in this war.
&&&&&& This short story is the same case. Mr. and Mrs. Preble live in a marriage where love or
&affection no longer exists. Both of them are unsatisfied with their current relationship but each
&has different response. Mr. Preble wants to shake off the bondage of marriage, yet he is neither
&determined nor clever enough to fulfill his purpose. His being controlled by both his wife and
&his lover, and his habit of expressing his mind in a passive way (&My wife would be glad to get
&rid of me&) show that he has a very weak character. His intellectual inferiority can be clearly
&seen from his awkward implementation of his imaginary murder plan and his loss of control of
&it in the end. In comparison, Mrs. Preble is much stronger in willpower and intellectually superior.
&This might just be the reason why the marriage dissatisfies her. What she needs is a more
&powerful man to win her respect, or to be her match. It is hard to tell whether or not her desire
&to control is the cause or the result of the deadlock between the couple. However, lack of an
&intellectually equal rival intensifies her desire to take control to such an absurd extent that she
& would even give her husband instructions as to how to implement his plan to murder her.
&&&&&&& Mr. Preble wants to break off this relationship because it makes him feel depressed and
& frustrated. Yet why is it that Mrs. Preble, who is obviously not enjoying this relationship,
& refuses to set her husband free by agreeing to a divorce? First, the average man tends to think
& that since Mrs. Preble has the upper hand in the relationship, she would shoulder more respon-
& sibilities for the solution to the problem. But in reality, we can find she is not as strong as she
& looks. No matter how strong she looks or how firmly she behaves, she lives in a male-dominant
& society where a female is supposed to be tame and obedient. Therefore, the more aggressively
& she behaves in the family, the stronger she could feel the tension from society. Compared with
& a male commonly believed to have much potential to win social recognition in various fields in
society, a female could find only a few places to realize her own value other than the family. A
marriage is always of more significance to a female than a male. That is why even Mrs. Preble
would not agree to a divorce although she does not love him at all. Family is the only kingdom
she can exercise her influence and her husband is the only buffer between her and society. A
divorce might bring a new start to her husband, but it might be a disaster to her, for she would
be thrown into direct conflict with the public opinions and earn herself an unfavorable reputa-
tion of being a misfit.
&&&& Thus, we might be justified to say that Mrs. Preble lives in deep frustration. Even seem-
ingly much stronger, she is actually more dependent on the marriage, which could explain from
another angle why she would even instruct her husband in murdering herself rather than agree-
ing to a divorce. To her, no matter how poor the quality of the marriage is, losing it is even
worse than being murdered. So, from the analysis above, we can see that both Mr. and Mrs.
Preble are victims of the war between them. Unable to see the fact that what happens in the
family is a reflection of tension of a more general nature between the two sexes in the whole
society and their inability to adjust themselves accordingly, the two parties concerned are bound
to be losers in their pursuit of happiness.
&&&&& Though a profound tragedy, the story takes the form of a comedy and makes the readers
laugh a lot. Defamiliarization is one of the major devices the author adopts to achieve this
ironical effect. As an important concept in literary criticism, defamiliarization means the adop-
tion of a strange perspective to observe the world around us and the ideas we have long taken
granted for. This skill is considered a significant element of literariness, for the purpose and
value of all literary works is to open our eyes to the things we have never discovered before.
However, in this short story, James Thurber deliberately uses a familiar tone to talk about
&something unfamiliar, thus creating a strong sense of absurdity.
&&&&& He starts the application of this skill from talking about the cellar. The cellar often brings
&into our mind something dark, dirty, or dangerous and going down to the cellar is not what we
&would often do, yet what Mr. Preble says to persuade his wife to go down to the cellar creates
&something contrary to the general impression people have. &We never go down in the cellar any
&more. The way we used to,& &We might get up some kind of a game with pieces of coal,& &You
&can read down there,& &Other people's wives go down in the cellar. Why is it you never want to
&do anything? I come home worn out from the office and you won't even go down in the cellar
&with me. God knows it isn't very far && it isn't as if I was asking you to go to the movies or
&some place.& The above statements leave on us the somewhat odd impression that going down
&to the cellar is an entertaining, soothing and romantic experience. This is obviously absurd and
&ridiculous. We might gain some insight into the situation between the couple: they haven't done
&something together for a long time that could facilitate any meaningful communication between
&them. So from the funny and absurd description, we can touch upon the realistic elements of
&their tragedy.
& Another place where defamiliarization is adopted is in their conversation about murder, the
central issue of this story. As we all know, under no circumstance is murder an open and
insignificant everyday event. It is always featured by stealth. Thurber deliberately runs counter
to both of these common concepts in the story. In Paragraph 24, in the middle of the conver-
sation between Mr. and Mrs. Preble, the husband announces openly his plan of murder to the
wife. &I want to get rid of you so I can marry my stenographer.& Yet instead of being stirred up
and getting agitated, Mrs. Preble responds in an unexpectedly calm manner. &We' ve been all
over that ... I'm not going to go all over that again.& Then they go on talking about the murder
as if it were something very usual. This detail reveals Mrs. Preble's deep contempt towards her
husband. She refuses to take it seriously because she thinks murder is something above and
beyond her husband's courage and intelligence. Feeling insulted, Mr. Preble asks his wife to
&take everything literally.& As the conversation goes on, we find the situation becoming in-
creasingly absurd. From Paragraph 29 to Paragraph 34 we can see that the seriousness of
murder is completely drowned in the couple's quarrel about who is smarter. The triviality and
&drabness of daily routine is thus presented to the utmost extent. This is the way they live their
&everyday life. The daily routine, or rather the routine mentality, is as powerful and destructive
&as a black hole, absorbing all fresh things and turning them into raw materials for meaningless
&quarrel and increasing enmity. Even such a dramatic and drastic action as murder can not break
&its thick shell. What the event has stirred up is nothing but a small ripple that ruffles the water
&surface for a moment in their drab and dull life. Some may think the author ends the story quite
&abruptly and may, like any curious reader or listener of stories, ask such questions as &What
&would happen then?&, or &Would Mr. Preble buy the iron and come back to resume his plan of
&murder?& No, they don't have to ask such questions, for the author has already presented us
&with a very complete ending:
&&&&&& &All right,& said Mr. Preble. &I'll hurry.&
&&&&&& &And shut that door behind yoM& she screamed after him. &Where were you born -- in a
&&&&&& This is the conversation that has been on for so many years in their married life. This is a
& piece of evidence strong enough to show that Mr. Preble has finished his short-lived rebellion,
& his wife, as always, has got the upper hand, and the family has been back to normalcy. Or, we
& may also put it in this way: their joint efforts to bring about some changes in their dead marriage
& have been devoured by the normalcy to which they have made equal contribution. Even such an
& unusual event as murder can cause only a few rippl what else in the world
& can save the couple out of the deadlock?
&&&&&& We suggest the following two questions.
&&&&&&& (1) What is the special effect of the title?
&&&&&&& The title &Mr. Preble Gets Rid of His Wife& is an irony. Mr. Preble wants to get rid of his
& wife, but he has neither the courage nor the intelligence to fulfill the task.
TFXT i&& Neat People vs. Sloppy People
TEXT Il&& Private Language, Public Language ..
TEXT I&& Ambulance Girl
TEXT 11& Struggling for Sanity..
TEXT I&& Pain Is Not the Ultimate Enemy.
TEXT 11& A Crime of Compassion
TEXT !&& Oxford
TEXT il& The Atrophy of Social Life ..
TEXT I&& Conservatives and Liberals
TEXT I!&& American Manners
TEXT !&& On the Art of Living with Others
TEXT il& Why We Hate
TEXT I&& French and English
TEXT Il& Assimilation and Ethnicity ...
TEXT I&& lf Picasso Were a Programmer
TEXT il&& The Decline of the Knowledge Factory: Why Our
&&&&&&&&&&&& College Must Change
TEXT I&& A Statement to My People on the Eve of War
TEXT 11& Blood, Toil, Sweat and Tears.
TEXT I&& Chinese Humanism
TEXT II& The Doctrine of the Golden Mean.
TFXT I&& Mr. Preble Gets Rid of His Wife
TEXT Il&& Cluney McFarrar's Hardtack
&&&& UNIT 12
TFXT I&& The Artist in America..
TEXT II&& Carlyle
TEXT I&& On Self-Respect
TEXT II& The Self in Literature.
TEXT I&& The Two Cultures
TEXT 1I& Racism and Culture.
客服专线:010- 客服邮箱:
Copyright & 北发图书网 2007,
All Rights Reserved
北京北发电子商务股份有限公司 版权所有《新世纪大学英语综合教程2》(秦秀白 著)课后习题答案 上海外语教育出版社
资料价格:5学豆&&[]&&
文件类型: (zip)[]
文件大小:3.4 MB
上传时间:
标&&&&&&&签: & & &
论文写作技巧
《新世纪大学英语综合教程2》(秦秀白 著)课后习题答案 上海外语教育出版社
您可能需要的
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] []待解决问题&
全新版大学英语综合教程2
全新版大学英语综合教程2
更新时间: 12:59
全新版计算机应用基础
作者:刘华 等编 ISBN:10位[] 13位[4] 出版社:西北工业大学出版社 出版日期: 定价:¥25.00 元 内容提要 本书为21世纪高职高专计算机课程规划教材,主要内容包括计算机基础知识、Windows XP操作系统、指法练习和汉字输入法、中文字表处理软件Word 2003、中文电子表格软件Excel 2003、中文幻灯片制作软件PowerPoint 2003、中文网页制作软件FrontPage 2003、数据库管理软件Access 2003、计算机网络基础和Internet、计算机信息安全、常用工具软件、多媒体技术以及实训。书中配有大量生动典型的应用实例以及习题,这将使读者在学习过程中更加得心应手,做到学以致用。 本书
商务英语综合教程,下册,辅导用书
作者:房玉靖,刘玉玲 主编 ISBN:10位[]13位[4] 出版社:对外经济贸易大学出版社 出版日期: 定价:¥12.00元 内容提要 本书是商务英语专业新世界全国高职高专院校规划教材之一,是《商务英语综合教程》的教学参考书,编写内容分为四部分:一、相关专业术语解释;二、语法知识讲解及补充练习;三、课后练习参考答案;四、课文译文。 编辑推荐 本书编写内容分为四部分: 一、相关专业术语解释; 二、语法知识讲解及补充练习; 三、课后练习参考答案; 四、课文译文。 目录 Unit1 RelatedTechnicalTerms Grammar-AdverbialClauseofTime KeytoExercises ChineseVer
在哪可以找到高职高专实用英语综合教程4的听力
天津图书大厦
新世纪高职高专英语课程新世纪英语综合教程1的课文翻译
在配套光盘上有 提问人的追问
16:51 光盘找不到了,可我现在急用啊
安庆师范学院英语专业用不用王兆熊编的英语综合教程呢?
不用,用的是现代大学英语精读,外研社的
哪个网有卖 新世纪高职高专英语综合教程 的,是 戴伟栋主编,上海外语教育出版社的,...
你上淘宝看看
新风尚高职高专实用英语综合教程3 需要第五单元,unit5 课文翻译及课文中重点单...
跟随 已跟随 取消 确定 你是广院的?
二手,全国高职高专英语教材,《新编实用英语教程》,一,二,三册,北京,高等教育出版...
把基础复习好就行了 不用买什么书 我买了都没怎么看
外贸英语口语全套教程去哪找?
这方面的学习资料网上就可以找到很多,一些品牌的网站都是要收费的。呵呵,其实这无可厚非,毕竟,有价值的资源就是财富嘛。个人推荐你去能飞英语网看看,有全套的口语训练教材,我就是在这里买的听力专项训练的教材,很有用!
大学微积分教程 微积分基础教程 生活宝典破解版
大学微积分教程 微积分基础教程 生活宝典破解版
作者:刘华 等编 ISBN:10位[] 13位[4] 出版社:西北...
作者:房玉靖,刘玉玲 主编 ISBN:10位[]13位[4] 出版...
天津图书大厦...
&本站QQ官方微博:@jixiaoJE &
Copyright &&&(JE中专网)&&All Rights Reserved.
网站版权与免责声明
①由于各方面不确定的因素,有可能原文内容调整与变化,本网所提供的相关信息请网友以权威部门公布的正式信息为准.
②本网转载的文/图等稿件出于非商业性目的,如转载稿涉及版权及个人隐私等问题,请在两周内邮件联系

我要回帖

更多关于 体坛之篮球教父 的文章

随机推荐