海运中的contain和include区别ter tv什么意思

一键安装桌面版,查词翻译快三倍
选择要添加的生词本
...the velocities at which the stars orbit.
恒星沿轨道运行的速度
词霸Android版
牛津词典免费使用! 立刻扫码下载
牛津词典免费使用! 立刻扫码下载
创建新的生词本
i该生词本已经创建啦!
i不可以出现中文,英文,数字之外的符号哒!
i生词本名称长度不能大于24字符!
i请填写生词本名称!当前位置: >>
跟单员英语[1]
2010 年跟单员考试英语辅导:实用英语外贸跟单口语 50 句1.What’s the size? 多大尺寸? 90X90 (Ninety by ninety)九十乘九十。 2.What’s the cubage? 体积多大? 0.07M3 (zero point zero seven cube meter) 0.07 立方米。 3.What’s the best/l
ast price? 最低价是多少? ¥2.5 (Two point five / Two and a half RMB) 两块五。 4.How many designs? 有几个款式? Three designs. 三个款式。 5.How many colors? 有几种颜色? Three colors. Red, yellow and blue. 3 种颜色,红、黄、蓝。 6.How many pcs one CTN? 一箱装多少件? 12 dozen, 144pcs. 12 打,144 件一箱。 7.When shall we deliver? 什么时候交货? 8.Where shall we deliver? 货送到什么地方? 9.30% deposit. 付 30%的订金。 10.Only one sample here. We can’t give you. 这里只有一个样品,不能给你。 11.Too expensive / much. 太贵了。 12.Any discount? 有折扣吗? 13.Cheaper? 可以便宜一点吗? 14.Show me this! 给我看看这个。 15.Good quality or ordinary quality? 质量好的还是普通的? 16.¥180 for a set. 180 元一套。 17.4 pcs a set. 一套 4 个。 18.What’s the minimum purchase? 最小起订量是多少? 19.At least 1 CTN. 至少一箱/件。 20.The minimum purchase is ... units. 最小起订量是?? 21.Can they be mixed? 可以混装吗? 22.Mixed packing. 混装。 23.Just a moment. Let me check. 稍等,让我查一下。 24.Same price/size. 一样的价格/尺寸。 25.I will come again tomorrow. 我明天再来。 26.Where are you from? 你是什么地方的人? 27.What’s your name? 你叫什么? 28.May I have your card? 请给我一张您的名片,可以吗? 29.This is my card. 这是我的名片。 30.Stapler, please. 请给我订书机 。 31.Calculator, please. 请给我计算器。 32.Adhesive tape, please. 请给我胶带。 33.Here’s our catalogue. 这是我们的目录。 34.Here’s my card. 这是我的名片。 35.What’s the material? 什么材料做的? 36.The cost of raw material is increasing. 原材料价格上涨。 37.Out of stock. 没现货。 38.Do you have samples? 有样品吗? 39.Can I buy a sample? 能买一个样品吗? 40.We’ll give the money back when you place an order. 下单时退钱给你。 41.Please have a seat. 请坐。 42.How are you doing? 你好! 43.Nice/Glad to meet/see you. 很高兴遇见/见到你。 44.Me too! 我也是! 45.You are welcome! 不用谢! 46.Come again next time.下次再来。 47.Have a nice trip. 一路顺风。 48.Would you like some water? 要喝水吗? 49.You can visit our website. 你可以上我们的网站。 50.You can go to/visit our factory. 你可以去我们的工厂看看。2010 年跟单员考试英语辅导:索赔 ClaimClaim 索 赔 Brief Introduction 在执行合同的过程中,签约双方都应该严格履行合同义务。任何一方如果不能严格履行,就会给另一方带来麻烦。在这 种情况下,受损失的一方有权根据合同规定要求责任方赔偿损失或采取其他补救措施。受损失的一方采取的这种行动称之为 “索赔” ,而责任方就受损失一方提出的要求进行处理,叫做“理赔” 。 在业务中常见的是买方向卖方提出索赔,如卖方拒不交货、逾期装运、数量短缺、货物的品质规格与合同不符、错发错 运、包装不妥、随船单证不全或漏填错发等致使买方遭受损失时,买方可向卖方提出索赔。但是在某些情况下,卖方也向买 方提出索赔要求,如买方拒开或迟开信用证、不按时派船、无理毁约等致使卖方遭受损失时,卖方也会向买方提出索赔。 Basic Expressions 1. Please give our claim your favorable consideration. 请合理考虑我们的索赔要求。 2. Please examine the matter and send us the goods to meet the shortage as soon as possible. 请调查此事,并尽快将货物发给我们以弥补数量的不足。 3. As regards inferior quality of your goods, we claim a compensa- tion of U.S.$10,000. 至于你方产品的品质低劣问题,我方要求你方赔偿一万美元。 4. We shall lodge a claim for all the losses incurred as a consequence of your failure to ship our order in time. 由于你方未能及时交货,我方将向你方提出由此而遭受的全部损失的索赔。 5. Any complaint about the quality of the products should be lodged within 15 days after their arrival. 任何有关该产品质量问题的申诉应该在货物到达后的十五天内提出。 6. Our customers are complaining of the inferior quality of our products. 我们的客户投诉我们的产品质量低劣。 7. This seems to be a very clear case and we hope you will see your way to make a prompt settlement. 看来情况已十分清楚,我们希望你能设法尽快解决问题。 8. We regret that your claim on shortage cannot be accepted. 很遗憾,我们无法接受你方关于货物短装的索赔。 9. Our investigation shows that improper packing caused damage. Therefore we have to refer this matter to you. 我方检验证明,货物受损是由于包装不当而造成的。因此,我们不 得不将此事提交你处解决。 10. As the goods are inferior in quality, we are returning the whole of the 20 cases and must ask you to replace them. 由于这些产品质量低劣,所以我方把 20 箱全部退回,并务必请贵方 更换这些产品。 11. We very much regret the mistake in article number, which resulted in your receiving the wrong goods. 因货号有误,致使到货错误。对此,我们深表歉意。 12. The goods we’ve received do not tally with the sample on which we ordered. 我们收到的货物与订货样品不符。 13. In view of the long business relations between us, we wish to meet you half way to settle the claim. 考虑到我们之间长期的业务关系,我们愿意各让一半解决这项索赔。 14. We hope this unfortunate incident will not affect the relationship between us. 我们希望这一不幸事件将不会影响到我们双方之间的关系。 15. Apparently, the shortage is due to omission in packing. 很明显,货物短缺系包装遗漏所致。 16. In view of our friendly business relations, we are prepared to meet your claim for the 25 tons shortage weight. 考虑到我们之间的业务关系,我们准备接受 25 吨短装的索赔。 17. We are sorry that the quality of our goods did not turn out to your satisfaction. 我们很抱歉你们不满意我们货物的质量。 18. We can assure you that such a thing will not happen again in future deliveries. 我们保证在以后的交货中不会出现类似的事件。 19. Enclosed is the surveyor’s report on the three damaged cases. 内附有鉴定人对这破损的三箱货物的鉴定报告。 20. Here’s a survey report by a well-known lab in Houston, whose testimony is absolutely reliable. 这是由休斯顿的一个著名实验室提供的一份检验报告,证据绝对可靠。 Conversations Dialogue 1 W: Hello, Mr. Brown, how are you? It is nice to see you again. B: How are you, Mrs. Wang. It certainly is a pleasure to see you again here. I hope you had an enjoyable trip from London. W: The flight was really long, but it was comfortable so I do not feel very tired. B: I am glad that you had a pleasant trip. I hope you are comfortably settled and find things at the hotel satisfactory. W: Everything is perfect, thank you. Well, now, Mr. Brown, if you don’t mind, I’ll get to the point. B: Okay. You want to take up the subject of the arbutus, don’t you? W: That’ right. You see, Mr. Brown, you have probably been ad- vised of the serious damage done to the last consignment of 60 s cases of arbutus. Upon its arrival in London on board the S.S. Cornea, it was found, much to our regret, that about 50% of the cases were leaking. Closer inspection by the Health Officers showed that the contents were considered unfit for human consumption. -- 布朗先生,你好。很高兴再次见到你。 -- 王小姐,你好。很荣幸在这里又见到你。希望你从伦敦来一路 旅途愉快。 -- 飞行时间虽长,但客机非常舒适,所以也不觉得很累。 -- 我很高兴你旅途愉快。希望你住得舒适,旅馆设备都还觉得满意。 -- 谢谢你,一切都很好。噢,布朗先生,要是你不介意的话,现在咱 们就开始谈谈业务吧。 -- 好,你想谈谈杨梅的事,对不对? -- 对。布朗先生,也许你已经知道最后一批 60 箱的杨梅严重损坏的 情况。 “柯娜”轮一到达伦敦的时候,我们就遗憾 地发现其中有一 半左右的箱子渗漏。经卫生检疫局官员仔细检查,认为 内装食品 不可供人们食用。 B: Just a minute, if you please, Mrs.Wang. Have your people in London discovered what were the exact causes of the leakage? It was rather a singular case, for thousands of tons of this product have been exported and this seems to be the only case of a shipment being damaged en route. W: I am sorry I have to say it was not en route. It was definitely damaged prior to loading onto the S.S. Cornea. You may think it a singular case, yet the fact remains that this has made it necessary for us to file a claim on you. Here, Mr. Brown, I have brought along with me the certificate issued by the London Health Office. It speaks for itself. As to the causes, closer inspection and examination by our cargo-handling people revealed that the leakage of juice was brought about damaged tins. They were evidently broken through careless handling while being loaded onto the ship’s hold in Sydney dock. B: As I have said before, the whole business is most unfortunate. We have never come across such a case of damage during loading. -- 王小姐,请稍等。请问伦敦的人有没有发现渗漏的确切原因?这件 事还只这么一次,我们已经出口好几千吨了,在 中途损坏还是头一 回。 -- 很抱歉,我得说明,损坏不是在运输途中发生的。很明显, 损坏是 在装上“柯娜”轮号前发生的。你可能认为这事是 头一回,可事实 不得不让我们向你们提出索赔。布朗先生,这儿是伦敦卫生检疫局 官员签发的证书,上面写得一清二楚。 至于原因,我们经办装卸的 人仔细检查,结果发现果汁渗漏的原因是锡罐被损坏了。很明显是 在悉尼码头装船时,因搬运 疏忽大意而造成锡罐受损的。 -- 我刚才讲过,整件事实在是很不幸。我们从未遇到过罐头在装船时 发生这样的损坏。 W: I have to remind you that our terms are C.I.F. port of London. While we have full confidence in your Commodities Inspection Bureau, this is a case that occurred after their sampling and analy- sis at the factory. And the broken tins through careless handling and deterioration of the contents en route brought about this state of affairs. Now, Mr. Brown, you are well aware that our business has just started this branch of activities and the loses thus sustained will be a blow to this department. I am sure you will think it fair on our part when we suggest that the total value of the parcel should be reduced by 50% and that you should give us an allowance by way of credit for the amount to be set against our future purchases of canned fruits from you. B: To be fair to your company, I am directed by my Sydney branch to settle this issue with you amicably on the condition that you give us a certificate issued by your Health Department. Now that this is available, I think everything will be in order. W: I am so glad to hear of your ready agreement. Your fairness in business dealing is unsurpassed. Shall we send you a letter confirming this? B: As soon as you send us a letter confirming this conversation, we’ll send you a reply immediately. W: Thanks ever so much for your cooperation, Mr. Brown. Goodbye. B: Goodbye. -- 我不得不提醒你,我们的条款是伦敦到岸价。虽然我们很信赖你们 的商品检验局,可是损坏是在工厂抽样化验之后 发生的,是由于搬 运不慎而锡罐破裂,中途食品变质所造成的。布朗先生,你很清楚 我们才开始经营这项业务,蒙受的损 失将对业务部门是一个打击。 我们建议这批货从总价中削减百分之五十,并给予我们补贴,这款 项就用于将来向你们订购 罐头水果时冲销,我相信你认为这样对我 们才是公平的。 -- 悉尼分公司派我来和你们公平友好地解决这件事,前提条件就是把 你们卫生部签发的证书给我们。现在证书已经有 了,我想事情都会 解决的。 -- 听到你这么痛快地同意了,我很高兴。办理业务这么公平,真是无 法比啊。我们将寄信让你们确认好吗? -- 我们一旦收到你们的信确认此次谈话,就会立即回复。 -- 万分感谢你的合作。布朗先生,再会。 -- 再见。 Dialogue 2 W: Mr. Brown, I’d like to talk with you about something that is getting to be a problem. I’d like, if possible, to see it settled at this meeting. B: What is it, Mrs. Wang? W: It’s about the quality of 300 cartons of dried mushrooms. They reached us two weeks ago, and were immediately examined after they arrived. To our astonishment, about 20% of them were moldy and in many cartons there were even small brownish bugs crawling in and out of the half- eaten mushrooms. We can’t accept them in this state. They are unfit for human consumption. And the Medical Officer of Health has issued a ?Stop Notice?on them. B: Is that so? So far we haven’t had any complaint of this kind. Our mush- rooms have enjoyed a good reputation for their superior quality for years. We are really at a loss to understand why your lot was found moldy and worm-eaten. Have you any evidence? W: Certainly. Here’s a survey report by a well-known lab in London, whose testimony is absolutely reliable. -- 布朗先生,我想和你谈谈快要发生的一件比较麻烦的事情。如果可 以的话,我想在这次会议上解决。 -- 王小姐,是什么事? -- 是关于 300 箱干蘑菇的质量问题。两周前到的货,我们当即进行了 检查。令我们惊奇的是,大约 20%的干蘑菇已发 霉,甚至在许多箱 内有褐色小甲虫爬出爬进,有一半蘑菇已被吃掉。这样的货物我们 是不能接受的。它们不宜被人们食用。 医药卫生官员对这些货物发 出了“停售通知” 。 -- 有这么一回事?我们还从未收到过这样的抱怨呢。多年来,我们 的蘑菇因质量好而享有盛誉。这真叫我们难于理解, 给你们的那批 货怎么发霉了,甚至被虫咬了。你有什么证据吗? -- 当然有。这是伦敦一家有名的实验室的检验报告,他们的证词绝对 可靠。 B: Though everything may be as you say, there are many factors involved. What’s more, your surveyors have not mentioned any cause for the damage. W: The mushrooms were packed in small one pound plastic bags, sixty of these bags to a carton. It is stated on the surveyor?s report that external conditions of goods at the time of survey are all sound and intact. So it is obvious the cause of the damage is that the mushrooms were not completely dried before packing. B: As you know, before shipment, the Commodity Inspection Bureau inspected the goods in question. They concluded that the goods were well dehydrated from fresh and choice material and up to standard for export. W: I think the Inspection Bureau at your end, when effecting inspection, only selected a few package at random -- these happened to be up to the standard. The part that was not dried properly, most probably, escaped their attention. As the amount in question is only 20% of the whole shipment, I think it is only reasonable that you should compensate us for the loss. -- 虽然事情可能象你所说的那样,但它牵涉到很多因素。况且,你方 检验员并没有提及造成损坏的任何原因。 -- 蘑菇每磅装一小塑料袋,每 60 袋装进一只木箱。检验员的报告中 说,检验时货物的外包装都是完好无缺的。所以很明显,造成损坏 的原因是蘑菇在包装前没有彻底干透。 -- 如你所知,这批货在装船前由商品检验局检验过。他们的结论 是,此货已很好地除去了水分,品质上等,达到出口 的标准。 -- 我想你方商检局进行检验时,只随意地挑了几包,而这几包又 恰巧达到了标准。而没达到干燥程度的那部份可能就 没被他们注 意到。由于波及到的数量只是整批货的 20%,我想你方应该赔偿 我们的损失才算合理。 B: The inspection certificate, which is based on a random selection of 20% of the consignment as we’ agreed on beforehand, is ve considered final and binding upon both parties. We do not accept any claims for compensation for loss incurred in transit, because you bought the goods F.O.B. Houston and on shipping quality, not on landed quality. Your claim, in our opinion, should be re- ferred to the insurance company, as the mishap occurred after shipment. W: We’ve already got in touch with the underwriter. But they have refused to accept any liability. They attributed the accident to the effects of dampness during the long sea voyage. B: That’s a matter over which we could exercise no control, then. I’m afraid I have to insist that you approach the insurance company for settlement, that is, if you have covered this risk in your coverage. W: To my regret, we failed to cover contamination. This is an unfortu- nate oversight on our part and a lesson to us. B: Otherwise the insurance company would no doubt have enter- tained your case. W: Well, live and learn. It seems we’ll have to waive the claim. -- 我们事前已有协议,任意抽取整批货的 20%进行检验,其检验证明 最终对双方都具有约束力。因为你买的这批货是 休斯顿港船上交货 价,以装船质量而不是以到岸质量为准,任何运输途中产生的损失 要求赔偿,我们都不予接受。我们认 为,你们应该要求保险公司索 赔,因为损失发生在装船后。 -- 我们已联系过保险商,但他们拒绝承担任何责任。他们将此事故归 咎于长途海运中受潮的结果。 -- 那种事我们可控制不了。我们恐怕还得坚持这一点,就是你们联系 保险公司要求解决,如果你们投保了这个险的话。 -- 遗憾的是,我们没有投保“污染险” 。不幸这是我方的疏忽,也是 一个教训。 -- 不然的话,保险公司毫无疑问将会接受索赔的。 -- 是的,活到老,学到老。看来,我们只好放弃索赔了。 Words and Expressions in the amount of 金额为 mishap [5mis7hAp] 不幸事故;灾难 consequence [ 5kCnsikwEns] 结果,后果 improper [im5prCpE] 不合适的 crawl [ krC:l ] 爬,蠕动 unmerchantable[ Qn5mE:tFEntEbl ] 不适于出售的 precaution [pri5kC:FEn] 预防,警惕,谨慎 impartial [im5pB:FEl] 公正的 mouldy [5mEuldi] 发霉的,陈腐的 wormeaten [5wE:m7i:tn] 虫蛀的 testimony [5testimEni ] 证言,证词 attribute [E5tribju(:)t] 归因于 oversight [5EuvEsait] 疏忽,出错 waive [weiv] 放弃,撤回 singular [5siN^julE ] 独一无二的,独个的 reveal [ ri5vi:l ] 揭示 dehydrate [di:5haidreit] 脱水,干燥 unsurpassed [5QnsE5pB:st] 无比的, 卓越的 mushroom [5mQFrum] 蘑菇 bug [bQ^] 虫子 human consumption 可供食用 choice material 上等品,选品 compensation [kCmpen5seiFEn] 赔偿金 incur [in5kE:] 遭受,带来 liability [7laiE5biliti] 责任,义务 voyage [5vCIIdV] 航程,航行 contamination [kEn7tAmi5neiFEn] 污染,弄脏 Notes 1. the goods in question 刚才谈到的商品 2. final and binding upon both parties (是)最后的依据,对双方都具有约束力 3. Your claim should be referred to the insurance company. 你们应该向保险公司提出索赔。 4. underwriters 保险商(在英国早期开办保险业务时,由好多承保商号联合承保, 他们一起在保险单下面签字,因而得此名称。 ) 5. sound and intact 完整无缺的 6. select at random 任意挑选 7. arrive in ??condition 到达时的情况 8. prior to 在前,居前 (to 是介词) It is important that you time the shipment to arrive here prior to the expiration of the import license. 你们须安排此货在进口许可证期满之前到达,这是非常重要的。 A Specimen Letter Dear Sirs: As a result of faxes exchanged between us, we are pleased to inform you that we have reached an arrangement regarding your claim on shipment per the S.S. Peace for late delivery. We have advised you this morning by fax of our appreciation that this matter has now been settled. Enclosed please find our check in the amount of U.S.$56,000 in final and complete settlement of this claim. It is our hope to express again our satisfaction that this mishap has been amicably settled and look forward to promoting our business relationship with your corporation. 作为我们双方传真往来磋商的结果,我们很高兴地通知贵方,关于由“和平”轮运载的货物迟交一事所引起的索赔,我 们已经达成了一项协议。 今天上午,我方已发传真感谢贵方索赔问题已获解决。兹附上五万六千美元支票一张,作为最终全部了结此项索赔,请 查收。 对这一不幸事件得以友好解决,我们很称心如意,盼望能促进与贵公司的业务关系。 Substitution Drills 1 A: Five cases were found broken and the units inside seriously damaged. arrived in a badly damaged condition. out of the whole lot were found soiled. 释文 B: Really! That’s something unexpected. 发现五箱破损,里面的装置严重损坏。 五箱货到达时状况破损严重。 整批货物中有五箱污损。 真的!那真是没有料到哦。 2 A: The goods were in perfect condition when they left here. B: According to our survey report, the damage was caused by poor packaging. the goods were carelessly packed. 货物从这里运出时,状况良好。 据我们的调查报告显示,损坏是由于包装不当引起的。 商品包装得很粗糙。 3 A: According to our survey report, poor packaging caused the damage. the quality deterioration ocurred in transit. the breakage took place during transit. B: That could have happened in transit due to rough handling. high humidity and temperature. improper stowage. 据我们的调查报告显示, 是包装不当导致了破损。 在运输途中发生了变质问题。 在运输过程中发生了破损。 由于 搬运粗糙 很可能在运输途中发生了这样的问题。 潮湿和高温 装载方式不当 4 A: Please look into the matter and have the case settled immediately. Please see your way to make a prompt settlement of the case. Please do your best to bring the case to a satisfactory close. B: We’ll check it up with the parties concerned right away. get in touch with the shipping company and see what can be done. take the matter up with the underwriters and give you the result as soon as possible. 请调查此事,并立即解决。 请寻求方法迅速解决此事。 请尽最大努力圆满解决此事。 我们将立刻对涉及双方进行核查。 我们将联系船舶公司看如何处理此事。 我门将会和保险商一起考虑此事,并尽快给你答复。 5 A: Our exports have to pass a rigid inspection before they are shipped. Our Inspection Bureau won’t let go anything defective. B: As much as I respect your Inspection Bureau, it’s obvious that the fruits are no longer suitable for consumption. one has to admit that the goods are quite useless now. it’s clear the goods are unfit for our purpose. 我们的出口商品必须在装运前经过一道严格的检查。我们的检查局 不会放过任何瑕疵品。 虽然我对你们检查局很敬重,但是很明显水果已经不能吃了。 虽然我对你们检查局很敬重,但是必须承认这些商品现在已经没有 用了。 虽然我对你们检查局很敬重,但是很明显这些商品不是我们想要的。 6 A: Our surveyors stated that it was the inferior material used that caused the quality deterioration. improper packing that caused the damage. carelessness on the part of the manufacturers that caused the shortage. B: In a case like this, one cannot rule out other possibilities. 我们的检查员申明 是所用的劣质材料导致了变质。 是包装不当导致了破损。 是生产商方的粗心导致了短缺。 象这种情况,不能排除其他可能性。 7 A:We have no alternative but to lodge a claim with you. to file against you a claim for $5,000. to make a claim with you for a compensation of $3,000. B:We’ll certainly consider a claim, if there’s sufficient evidence. We’ ll entertain a claim if it is supported by adequate documents. We would accept a claim if we were at fault. 我们没有办法只有向你们提出索赔。 我们不得不向你们提出诉讼索赔五千美元。 我们不得不向你们索赔三千美元。 如果有充足的证据的话,我们将一定考虑索赔。 如果有足够的文件证明的话,我们将接受索赔。 如果是我们出错了的话,我们就会接受索赔。 8 A: What are you going to do about this? B: We’ll send you correct products to replace the wrong ones. new products to replace the damaged ones. quality products to replace the imperfect ones. 你们准备怎么处理这件事? 我们将把正确的产品运过来替代那些错误的。 我们将把新产品运过来取代那些破损的。 我们会把质量好的产品运过来替代那些劣质品。2010 年跟单员考试英语辅导:装运 ShipmentShipment 装 运 Brief Introduction 在对外贸易中,按时装运进出口货物,及时将货物从厂方运至目的地,对完成进出口交易、满足市场需要、减少货物积 压和提高商品的竞争能力,都起着积极重要的作用。 特别是对某些鲜活商品或季节性商品的运输,更要抢时间、争速度, 及时完成运输任务,以免造成经济上的损失和信誉上的不良影响。如果装卸不及时,运输拖延,到货慢,就会影响商品的销 路,甚至失去市场。 交货是指卖方按照同买方约定的时间、地点和运输方式将合同规定的货物交付给买方或其代理人。装运一般是指将货物 装上运输工具,它与交货是两个不同的概念。但是,在国际商务中,由于采用 F.O.B、 C.F.R 和 C.I.F 三种价格术语,卖方只要根据合同的有关规定将货物装上船,取得提单,就算交货。提单签发日期亦即 为交货日。因此,装运一词常被用来代替交货的概念。 这种凭单交货被称为象征性交货。 (实际交货是指货物运抵目的地, 因而,装运时间与交货时间是并不一致的。 )凭单交货时,装运期和交货期是一致的。在买卖合同中,合理地规定装运期(交 货期)是很重要的。装运期(交货期)可分为三种:定期装运、近期装运和不定期装运。 Basic Expressions 1. How long does it usually take you to make a delivery? 通常你方需要多长时间交货? 2. As a rule, we deliver all our orders within three months after re ceipt of the covering L/C. 一般说来,我们在收到有关的信用证后三个月内可交货。 3. Could you possibly advance shipment further more? 你方能不能再提前一点交货? 4. I hope that the goods can be shipped promptly after you get our L/C. 我希望你们能在收到我方信用证后马上装运。 5. Shipment should be made before October,otherwise we are not able to catch the season. 十月底前必须交货,否则就赶不上季节了。 6. The earliest shipment we can make is early March. 三月初是我们能够做到的最早交货日期。 7. I’m sorry,we can’t advance the time of shipment. 很抱歉,我们不能提前交货。 8. The order is so urgently required that we must ask you to expedite shipment. 我方迫切需要这次订货,故请贵方加快装运。 9. We are confident of being able to ship the goods to you by the end of next month. 我们相信能在下月底前将货物装运给你们。 10. The goods ordered are all in stock and we assure you that the first steamer will make the shipment available in November. 贵公司订购的货物我方均有现货,可保证在十一月份将货物装上第 一条便船。 11. Please see to it that the goods are shipped per PEACE sailing on or about October 15th. 请确保货物由十月十五日左右启航的“和平轮”装运。 12. Shipment by the middle of October will be too late for us. 十月中旬交货太晚了。 13. We’ll try our best to advance shipment to September. 我们会尽最大努力将交货期提前到九月。 14. When is the earliest possible date you can ship the goods? 你们最早什么时候可以装运? 15. I wonder whether you can make shipment in September. 我想知道你们能否在九月份装运。 16. How long will the delivery take from here to Canada by sea freight? 从这里到加拿大海运需多长时间? 17. I don’t think I can promise you any January shipments. 我不能保证一月份发货。 18. Please be informed that the shipment of the cargo (your purchase order No. 123) was sent yesterday, airway bill No.123. 特此通知这批货物(你方订单号码是 No.123)昨天已装运,航 空货物的领取号码是 No.123。 19. In case you do not receive the goods on or before December 12, please let us know. 万一你方没有在 12 月 12 日或之前收到货物,请告知我方。 20. We will do all we can to fill your order so that the goods will be shipped before October 15. 我方将尽全力履行此订单,将于 10 月 15 日前安排这些货物装船。 Conversations Dialogue 1 A: Now we have settled the terms of payment. Is it possible to effect shipment during September? B: I don’t think we can. A: Then when is the earliest we can expect shipment? B: By the middle of October, I think. A: That’s too late. You see, November is the season for this commodity in our market, and our Customs formalities are rather compli- cated. B: I understand. A: Besides, the flow through the marketing channels and the red tape involved take at least a couple of weeks. Thus, after shipment it will be four to five weeks altogether before the goods can reach our retailers. The goods must therefore be shipped before Ootherwise we won’t be in time for the selling season. -- 现在我们已经谈妥了付款条件,你方是否能够在九月份装船? -- 我看不行。 -- 那么最早什么时候可以装船呢? -- 恐怕要在十月中旬。 -- 那太迟了。你知道,在我方市场上,十一月份是这种商品的上 市季节,而我们的海关手续又相当复杂。 -- 我明白。 -- 另外,通过销售渠道以及繁琐的公文程序,起码要花上几个星 期。这样从装船后到我们的零售商收到货物,总共要 用四、五 个星期。因此,十月份前货物必须装船,否则我们就赶不上销 售季节了。 B: But our factories are fully committed for the third quarter. In fact, many of our clients are placing orders for delivery in the fourth quarter. A: Mr. Brown, you certainly realize that the time of delivery is a mat- ter of great importance to us. If we place our goods on the market at a time when all other importers have already sold their goods at profitable prices, we shall lose out. B: I see your point. However, we have done more business this year than any of the previous years. I am very sorry to say that we cannot advance the time of delivery. A: That’s too bad, but I sincerely hope you will give our request your special consideration. B: You may take it from me that the last thing we want to do is to disappoint an old customer like you. But the fact remains that our manufacturers have a heavy backlog on their hands. A: But can’t you find some way to get round your producers for an earlier delivery? Make a special effort, please. A timely delivery means a lot to us. B: All right. We’ll get in touch with our producers and see what they have to say. -- 但是我们工厂第三季度的生产任务已全部排满了。事实上,我们很 多客户在订第四季度交的货呢。 -- 布朗先生,你知道的,交货时间对我们来说很重要。如果在我 们把商品投放到市场上去的时候,别的进口商已经把商品 脱手 赚钱了,那我们就亏了。 -- 这点我明白。但是今年我们做的贸易比以往哪一年都要大。很 遗憾不能提前交货。 -- 那糟了,但我真心希望你们对我们的要求给予特殊的考虑。 -- 我可以向你保证,我们最不愿做那些让像你们这样的老客户失 望的事,但是我们的厂家眼前的交货压得很重,这是 事实。 -- 你不能想些办法说服厂家提前一些时间交货吗? 请你特别加把 劲。及时交货对我们关系可大啦! -- 好吧。我们和厂家联系一下,听听他们的意见。 Dialogue 2 A: It has just occurred to me that there is still another possibil- ity to ensure a prompt delivery of the goods. B: And that is? A: How about making Hong Kong the port of shipment instead of New York? B: I’m afraid we can’t agree to that. We concluded the business with you here in Houston, and the goods you ordered are manufactured in New York. We wish to point out that all orders accepted by us are shipped from New York or Seattle. Hong Kong is out of the question. A: It’s like this. There are only one or two ships sailing a month from New York to Osaka, while sailings from Hong Kong are quite frequent. If shipment were effected from Hong Kong, we could receive the goods much earlier. -- 我刚想起来了,还有一种可能性确保即期交货。 -- 什么可能性? -- 把交货港从纽约改为香港怎么样? -- 那个我们恐怕不能同意。我们是在休斯顿达成交易的,而你所 订货物在纽约生产。我们要指出的是,我们接受的所 有订货是 从纽约或西雅图发货的。香港不行。 -- 原因是这样的:从纽约到大阪每个月只有一二个航班,而从香 港到大阪的船却相当频繁。如果在香港交货,我们收 到货物的 时间就会早很多。 B: I see. You want to have your goods shipped from New York to Osaka via Hong Kong, where they can be transshipped. Is that the idea? A: Yes, exactly, because I want these goods on our market at the earliest possible date. B: Your idea may be a good one, but the trouble is that there are risks of pilferage or damage to the goods during transshipment at Hong Kong. How about shipping them from Seattle instead of NewYork? You may choose either one as port of shipment. It makes no difference to us. There are more sailings from Seattle than from New York. A: It sounds all right to me, but I will have to think about it. I’ll give you a definite answer tomorrow. If I choose Seattle, will it be possible for you to ship the goods by the end of March? B: We’ll try our best. Anyway, we assure you that shipment will be made not later than the first half of April. -- 原来是这样。你想经由香港中转把货从纽约运到大阪,是不是? -- 对,就是这样,因为我们想把商品尽可能早地投放市场。 -- 这个想法倒不错。不过问题是,在香港转船期间,货物有被偷窃和 损坏的风险。交货港由纽约改为西雅图怎么样?你 可以随便选择一 个装运港。对我们来说都一样。从西雅图启航的船只比纽约多。 -- 我是觉得不错,但我得想一想,明天给你答复。如果我选择西雅 图,你们能在三月底前交货吗? -- 我们尽力而为吧!不管怎样,请你放心,交货不会迟于四月上旬。 Dialogue 3 A: Could you do something to advance your time of shipment? B: Well, our manufacturers are fully committed at the moment. I’m afraid it’s very difficult to improve any further on the time. A: I hope you’ll try to convince them to step up production. B: We check their production schedule against our orders almost every day. As new orders keep coming in, they are working three shifts to step up production. I’m sorry, but we simply can BUSINESS ENGLISH 300 not commit ourselves beyond what the production schedule can fulfill. A: Well, in that case, there is nothing more to be said. What’s your last word as to the date then? B: I said by the middle of October. This is the best we can promise. A: All right. I’ take you at your word. May I suggest that you put down in the contract shipment on October 15th or earlier? Our ll letter of credit will be opened early September. B: Good. Let’s call it a deal. We’ll do our best to advance the ship- ment to September. The chances are that some of the other orders may be cancelled. But of course you cannot count on that. In any case, we’ll let you know by email. -- 你们能否想些办法提前交货? -- 但我们的厂家眼前都很忙,要再提前恐怕很难。 -- 希望你们能设法说服他们加速生产。 -- 我们几乎每天核对他们的生产进度以跟进订单。由于接连不断地 收到新订单,他们现在一天三班工作来加快生产。 很抱歉,我们 承担的任务实在不能超出生产计划所能完成的限额。 -- 如果是这样,多说也无益。那么你能不能最后确定一下什么时候 能交货呢? -- 要到十月中旬,这是我们能够答应的最缛掌凇? -- 好吧,那就以你的话为准了。我建议你在合同里写上“十月十五 日或之前交货”行吗?我们在九月初开立信用证。 -- 好!就这样决定吧!我们尽力把交货期提前到九月份。有可能取 消其他一些订单,不过当然还不确定。不管怎样, 我们会发电子 邮件告知你的。 A: That’s very considerate of you. And now, shall we discuss the insurance terms? B: We generally insure W.P. (W.P.A) on a C.I.F. offer. Special risks, such as TPND (Theft, Pilferage and Non-delivery), leakage, breakage, oil, freshwater, etc. can also be covered upon request. A: I suppose the additional premium for the special coverage is for the buyer’s account. B: Quite right. According to the usual practice in international trade, special risks are not covered unless the buyer asks for them. A: Then what about SRCC (Strikes, Riots and Civil Commotions)? Can we request you to cover this for our imports? B: Yes, we accept it now, after it has been suspended for many years. However, if you want to have it covered for your imports at your end, you may arrange the insurance as you like. A: Then please cover W.P.A. and TPND for this transaction. B: All right, I’ll adjust the price accordingly. -- 你想得真周到。现在我们谈谈保险条款好吗? -- 一般来讲,我们在到岸价里投保了水渍险。特殊险如偷窃险、提货 不着险、漏损险、破损险、油污险、淡水险等等 也可以根据客户要 求投保。 -- 我想投保特殊险别所需附加的保险费由买方负担吧。 -- 正是,根据国际贸易中的惯例,只有买方要求时才保特殊险。 -- 那么关于罢工、暴动、平民动乱险呢?能不能请你方为我们的进口 货保这种险呢? -- 我们现在可以受理了,很多年来我们停办了这项业务。但是如果你 方想要为你们的进口货物投保这种险的话,你们 可以自行安排。 -- 那么,请为这批货物保水渍险和偷窃、提货不着险。 -- 好,我会相应地把价格调整一下。 Words and Expressions customs [5kQstEmz] 海关;关税 formality [ fC:5mAliti ] 正式手续 retailer [ ri:5teilE ] 零售店,零售商 season [ 5si:zn ] 季节,旺季 backlog [5bAklR^] 待办事项 production schedule 生产进度表 insure [ in5FuE ] 为??投保 special risk 特种险 leakage [ 5li:kidV ] 漏损(险) breakage [ 5breikidV ] 破损(险) freshwater [5freFwC:tE(r)] 淡水(险) coverage [ 5kQvEridV ] (保险合同所列的)险别 Osaka [ Eu5sB:kE ] 大阪(日本地名) tranship [ trAn5Fip ] 转运,换船 pilferage[ 5pilfEridV ] (小量地)偷 Notes 1. to effect shipment = to make shipment 装运 effect 实现 e.g. to effect payment 支付 2. the season for this commodity 这个商品的销售季节 3. red tape 繁琐的官方手续 4. place our goods on the market 销售商品 ( push the sale of our goods) 5. lose out 输掉,亏本 6. You may take it from me. 我可以向你保证。 7. the last thing we want to do 我们最不想做的事是?? 8. convince your producers for an earlier delivery 说服你们的生产商早日交货 9. to step up production 加快生产 10. cannot commit ourselves to... 我们不能保证 11. Let’s call it a deal. (口)这笔交易就敲定吧(拍板) 12. the chances are?? 可能??(probably) 13. You cannot count on that. 你不要指望那个 14. TPND( Theft, Pilferage and Non-delivery) 偷窃提款不着险 15. for the buyer’s account 由买方负担费用 16. at your end/on your side 在你方 17. Via Hong Kong 途经香港 A Specimen Letter Dear sir: Your letter of the 5th March came to hand yesterday. Accordingly, we have lost no time in getting in touch with our factories and urged them to hasten their delivery. Owing to heavy commitments, they cannot advance delivery from June to April but they understand perfectly that July is the selling season for shirts in your market. They eventually agree to make delivery in mid-May. We have booked the shipping space on S.S.. Peace, which is scheduled to sail on or about the 20th of May. We shall send you an email as soon as the loading is completed. Yours faithfully National Textiles I/E Corp. 贵方三月五日来函昨日收悉。 据此,我们立即与厂方联系,催促他们赶快交货。由于交货任务繁重,他们不能把交货日期从六月份提前到四月份。但 是他们非常清楚七月份是贵方市场衬衣的销售季节,故最终他们同意五月中旬交货。 我们已订妥“和平轮”的舱位,预计五月二十日左右开航。一旦装货完毕,我们即发电子邮件告知贵方。 国家纺织品进出口公司 Substitution Drills 1 A: May I know when we could expect delivery? B: We can deliver 50% promptly, that is, in August. And the balance in October. We can deliver 50% right away. The remaining half in the next two months. Our earliest time of delivery is October. 能告诉我你们什么时候可以交货吗? 我们可以在八月份交一半货,其余的十月份交货。 有一半货我们可以马上送货,剩下的一半后两个月交。 我们最早的交货日期是十月。 2 A: I’m afraid October is the best we can do. October is the earliest possible date of delivery. we can’t promise delivery earlier than October. B: October then. 恐怕 十月是我们能够做到的最早的了。十月是最早的交货日期了。我们不能承诺早于十月交货。那就十月吧。 3 A: Could you deliver 100 tons immediately? Is it possible to effect shipment immediately? Do you think you can ship the goods soon? B: No problem. We can deliver that from stock to meet your requirement. I’m afraid prompt shipment is impossible. I’ll have to look into the stock position. 您能即刻运输 100 吨吗? 能立即安排装船吗? 你认为能很快装船吗? 没问题。我们可以交现货来满足你们的要求。 恐怕立即装船不太可能。 我得仔细检查一下存货的情况。 4 A: Please ship the goods in one lot in May. B: I’m sorry that’s impossible. It would be very difficult for us to get the goods ready within such a short time. I’m not sure if we are able to get the necessary shipping space. We’ll have to contact the manufacturers. Maybe it’s possible. 请在五月份将货物分一批运过来。 对不起,那不可能。这么短的时间把货物准备好对我们来说很难。 我不敢肯定我们是否能订到必要的舱位。 我们将得联系生产商。也许可以。 5 A: Could you find a way to advance the shipment somehow? do something to advance the time of delivery? make the delivery a little earlier? B: May I suggest we effect shipment in three equal lots, starting from May? we spread the goods over three months - May, June and July? partial shipment be allowed? 你能不能想办法提前装运? 你能想办法提前交货吗? 你能不能早一点交货? 我可否建议 我们从五月份开始分相等的三批办理装运? 我们把货物分五、六、七三个月交货? 允许部分装运? 6 A: Our people are most anxious about the O so far they’ve heard nothing from you. B: We’re sorry for the delay. The trouble is that direct sailings to your port are very few. there is great demand on shipping lately you changed the port of destination 我方很想知道十月装船一事,但到现在还没有听到你们的任何消 息。 此次拖延我们很抱歉。问题是 直达你们港口的船只太少了。 最近需要装运的太多了。 你们改变了目的港。 7 A:You know we must have the goods in time for the Christmas rush. we must have the goods ready for the shopping season. the goods have to be here in March. Otherwise we’d be behind the season. B: I understand. I’ll try my best. 你知道 我们必须在圣诞节采购前及时供货。 在购货旺季时我们必须把货准备好。 货物必须在三月份到位。否则我们就赶不上销售季节了。 我理解。我会尽力的。 8 I don’t think I can promise you any September shipments. October June 我想我不能答应你 九月 装运。 十月 六月 9 Would you like to have your refrigerator delivered? furniture washing machine 你的 电冰箱 要送货上门吗? 家具 洗衣机 10 You will probably get it within 10 days. in a week by the end of this month no later than tomorrow afternoon 也许 十天内 你就可以收到。 一周内 这个月底 不迟于明天下午2010 年跟单员考试英语辅导:包装 PackingPacking 包装 Brief Introduction 包装包括运输包装(外包装或大包装)和销售包装(内包装或小包装) 。这些都是为了保护商品的品质完好和数量完整 而采取的措施。具体来说,运输包装不仅要起到能防止货物运输途中受损的作用,同时也应具备装卸方便、贮存和防盗的功 能。 在国际贸易中,还有一种中性包装,它是在商品包装上既不注明生产国别、地名和厂名,也不注明原有商标和牌号的包 装。 Basic Expressions 1. These goods are very expensive, and easily damaged. 这批货很贵又容易被损坏。 2. Last time you told me that you wanted the most economical packaging. 上次你跟我说要最经济的包装。 3. We always take extra care with every shipment. 每批货我们都会特别小心的。 4. As this article is fragile, please case it into durable packaging. 这种物品易碎,请以耐用包装来装箱。 5. The cost of this article includes packaging. 这种物品的价格已包含了包装费。 6. As a rule, the buyer ought to bear the charges of packaging. 通常,包装费用应由买方负担。 7. The outer packing should be strong enough for transportation. 外包装应坚固,适合于运输。 8. As to the inner packaging, it must be attractive and helpful to the sales. 至于内包装,必须具有吸引力,有利于促销。 9. For dangerous and poisonous cargo, the nature and the gener- ally adopted symbol shall be marked conspicuously on each package. 对于危险品和有毒的货物,在每件包装上应有醒目的标记及性质说 明。 10. We usually pack each piece of men’s shirt in a box, half dozen to a box and 10 dozens to a wooden case. 我们通常把每件男衬衣装入一个盒子里,半打装一箱,十打装一个 木箱。 11. Nowadays many kinds of drinks are packed in paper tins. 现今很多饮料使用纸听装。 12. The wooden case should be not only seaworthy but also strong enough to protect the goods from any damage. 木箱不仅要适合于海运,还要十分坚固足以保护货物不受任何损失。 13. Please pack one TV set to a cardboard box, 4 sets to a wooden case suitable for export. 请把每台电视机装一纸板箱,每四台装一适合于出口的木箱。 14. All the cases are strongly packed in compliance with your request. 按你方要求,所有箱子都包装得很牢固。 15. The outer packing in bales or in wooden cases is at buyer’s option. 外包装打包还是使用木箱,由买方选择。 16. Please be assured that the packaging is strong enough to withstand rough handling. 请确保此包装牢固,足以承受粗糙地搬运。 17. The goods must be packed in five - ply strong paper bags as stipulated in the contract. 货物应按合同规定用五层厚牢固纸袋包装。 Conversations Dialogue 1 A: Hi, Mr. Brown, we have visited the factories and I’m very satisfied with your factories?production conditions. B: Yes, they are our main export bases of tools with the advantage of having good production experience and long historical record. All their products enjoy high prestige in the world market. A: That’s very good. But I have little knowledge about the packing of your pliers. I just want to know the details about that. B: Ok, I’ll show you how the packing is like. We have a showroom on the ground floor. Let’s go downstairs and have a look. A: Sure. (Now they are in the showroom. They are walking around the room looking at the samples of packaging. Mr. Brown is explaining the packing to the customer). -- 嗨,布朗先生,我们已参观了工厂,并对你们工厂的生产条件很满 意。 -- 是的,这些厂生产经验丰富,历史悠久,是我们工具出口的主要生 产厂家。所有产品在国际市场上享有很高的声誉。 -- 太好了。至于钳子的包装,我了解甚少,我很想知道包装的具体情 况。 -- 可以,我带你去看看包装。在一楼,我们有一间陈列室。我们一起 下去看一下吧。 -- 可以。 (他们在样品室边走边看包装样品。布郎先生正给客户解释 包装情况。 ) B: These are the various kinds of packing for pliers. Normally, we have three types of packing: skin packing, hanging packing, and blister packing. A: Oh, the packing looks very nice. B: The skin packing is the most advanced packing for this product in the world market. It catches the eyes and can help push sales. A: Good, what about the export packing? B: Well, they are packed in boxes of two dozens each, 100 boxes to a wooden case. A: Is the wooden case strong enough for transportation? You see, 100 boxes of pliers are very heavy. It’s about 2,400 kilograms. -- 这些是钳子的各种包装。通常有三种:薄膜包装、挂式包装、罩 板包装。 -- 这些包装很好看。 -- 薄膜包装是世界市场上这种产品的最新包装。它惹人注目,能帮 助促销。 -- 很好,那么出口包装如何? -- 每两打装一盒,一百盒装一木箱。 -- 木箱是否很坚固适应运输需要?一百盒钳子很重,大约 有二千四 百公斤。 B: You can rest assured of that. So far, no customers have com- plained about our outer packing. A: I’m glad to hear that. By the way, do you accept neutral packing? B: Yes, we can pack the goods according to your instructions. A: Very good. Ok, Mr. Brown, I’m now totally satisfied with your packing. You can execute our first order now, and I will open the L/C immediately after I return to Taipei. B: All right. We’ll make the shipment as soon as your L/C is on hand. -- 这点你尽可放心。目前,还没有客户抱怨我们的外包装有问题。 -- 这样太好了。顺便问一下,你们接受中性包装吗? -- 接受,我们可以根据你方的指示说明进行包装。 -- 好,布朗先生,就这样吧,我很满意你们的包装。现在你可以生 产我们的第一批订货了。我回到台北后就立即开立 信用证。 -- 那好,一收到你方信用证,我们即安排装运。 Dialogue 2 A: That price of ours, by the way, is for a minimum quantity of 1,000 saddles. B: Yes, I noticed that. To what extent would local assembly help sales, did you say? A: 20-30%. But we proposed the plan from the storage and delivery viewpoint. That is to say, less warehouse space and prompt delivery. B: Yes, of course. Assembly would be quite a simple matter. Cycle dealers could put them together in a very short time. A: Sales have been exceptionally good during the past twelve months. B: Yes, I’ve noticed that. Where have you been placing them? A: All in the local market. One or two suggestions that came in from the distribution might interest you. B: Yes. What were they? Anything that will help sales? A: Perhaps. General opinion is that the rear carrier should be offered as an extra. B: That’s to keep the price down, I suppose. I’ll take it up with our overseas department and listen to what they’ve got to say about this. A: Thanks. -- 顺便说一下,我们的价格是针对最小量为 1000 个车座而言的。 -- 是的,我注意到了。你说本地装配能在多大程度上促进销售呢? -- 百分之二十到三十。但我们是从贮存和运输的角度做出此计划的。 就是说,更少的仓库空间和更快捷的运输。 -- 是的,当然。装配将是一件很简单的事。自行车商人能在很短的 时间内将它们组装起来。 -- 在过去的 12 个月中销售是特别的好。 -- 对,我看到了。你们把它们都投放在哪些市场上了? -- 都在本地市场上。你可能会想听取经销商的一些建议。 -- 当然。是什么建议?是关于促销的吗? -- 可能吧。大家都认为后面的行李架应该额外提供。 -- 我想那会把价格降下来。我会把这个建议反映到我们的海外部,听 取一下他们的建议。 -- 谢谢。 Dialogue 3 A: I wish to make it clear at the outset that this matter of labels is entirely our problem. B: I should say it is something we have never come across before. A: The Federal Food and Drug Administration, or the FDA as we call it for short, imposes a whole set of regulations on the import of food products to the United States. Over the years, they have become so rigid and complicated that they are now quite a head- ache for us importers. B: In my opinion, overly strict regulations are just another way of restricting imports. A: Ah, there’s something in what you’re saying. According to the present FDA regulations, the Ma Ling Labels then cannot be used if the lichee is to be offered for import into the Unit ed States. -- 我希望从一开始就想说明标签的事情完全是我们的问题。 -- 我得说这个问题是我们从来没有遇到过的。 -- 联邦食物药品管理局,或者简称 FDA,在向美国的食品进口上强加 了一整套规章制度。这些年来,这些制度变得如 此严格和复杂以 至于使我们进口商感到相当的头疼。 -- 依我的意见,过于严格的规章正是另一种方式限制进口。 -- 啊,你说得有些道理。根据现在的 FDA 规章,如果荔枝要被获准进 入美国,Ma Ling 标签就不能使用。 B: Why not? Our canned lichee and canned provisions have al- ready been widely sold in various markets abroad, and the Ma Ling Label has now been accepted by most of overseas custom- ers and importers. Is it quite impossible for you to use the Ma Ling labels as they are? A: I’d be quite willing to if I could, but we must comply with the label requirements according to our law, or we can’t clear the consignment of lichee through the Customs. B: In that case, what can we do to help you? Have you any suggestions? A: Would you consider quoting us for the order with neutral cans on a C.I.F. basis for delivery in Hong Kong? Our associated company there will have the labels printed to comply with the FDA regulations. B: Do you think that’s the only way out? You know we usually do the labeling, as we are responsible for the brand labels of our products. -- 为什么不行呢?我们的罐装荔枝和其他罐装品已经在国外许多市 场上广泛销售,而且 Ma Ling 商标已经被大多数的 海外顾客和进 口商所接受。你真的没法使用 Ma Ling 标签吗? -- 如果可以的话我当然乐意做了,但是根据我们的法律,我们必须 服从于商标许可,否则不能通过海关得到我们的订 货。 -- 既然那样,我们怎样才能帮到你们呢?你有什么建议吗? -- 关于这批订货采用中性罐装,你能否考虑报给我们 CIF 香港到岸价 格?我们的附属公司会按照食品及药物管理局的 规定将标签打印出 来。 -- 只能这样吗?通常我们自己做标签,因为我们要为自己的品牌标签 负责。 Dialogue 4 A: Mr. Jones, shall we now discuss the packaging? B: Very well. You know, we have definite ways of packaging garments. As to blouses, we use a polythene wrapper for each article, all ready for window display. A: Good. A wrapping that catches the eye will certainly help push the sales. With competition from similar garments producers, the merchandise must not only be good value but also look attractive. B: Right you are. We’ll see to it that the blouses appeal to the eye as well as to the purse. A: What about the outer packing? B: We’ll pack them 10 dozens to one carton, gross weight around 25 kilos a carton. A: Cartons? B: Yes, corrugated cardboard boxes. A: Could you use wooden cases instead? B: Why use wooden cases? -- 琼斯先生,我们来谈谈包装好吗? -- 好。你知道,我们对服装包装有特定的方式。至于女衫,一件装一 个聚乙烯口袋,可直接放在橱窗里陈列。 -- 好。袋子引人注目肯定有助于推销。商品不仅要货真价实,还要 能吸引人,因为有许多类似的服装与之竞争。 -- 这点你说对了。我们会注意把女衫做得跟手提包一样美观。 -- 外包装是怎么样的? -- 十打装一纸箱,每箱毛重约 25 公斤。 -- 纸箱? -- 是的,瓦楞纸板箱。 -- 你不能用木箱代替吗? -- 为什么要用木箱呢? A: I’m afraid the cardboard boxes are not strong enough for such a heavy load. B: The cartons are comparatively light, and therefore easy to handle. They won’t be stowed away with the heavy cargo. The steve- dores will see to that. Besides, we’ reinforce the cartons with straps. Silk blouses are not fragile goods. They can stand a lot of ll jolting. A: Maybe you are right, but the goods are to be transhipped at Hamburg or London. If the boxes are moved about on an open wharf, the dampness or rain may get into them. This would make the blouses spotted or ruined. B: No need to worry about that. The cartons lined with plastic sheets are waterproof, and as the boxes are made of cardboard, they will be handled with care. A: Well, I don’t want to take any chances. Besides, cartons are easy to cut open, and this increases the risk of pilferage. -- 恐怕纸板箱不够结实,经受不住装这么重的货物。 -- 纸箱比较轻,因而容易搬运。纸箱不会和重物一起堆放,搬运工 人会注意到这一点。此外,我们还用铁皮带加固。 丝绸女衫并非 易碎货物,经受得住剧烈地震动。 -- 你也许说得对,但这些货物要在汉堡或伦敦转运。如果纸箱在露 天码头上搬运,潮气和雨水就有可能渗透进去,这 就会使女衫弄 得斑斑点点的,或甚至毁掉。 -- 那个没必要担心。纸箱内都衬有塑料布,是防水的,而且由于箱 子是硬纸板的,所以在搬运的时候就会小心处理。 -- 嘿,我可不想去冒险,再说,纸箱容易被割开,这就增加了被偷 盗的风险。 B: Tampering with cartons is easily detected. I should say that this rather discourages pilferage. A: Maybe so, but I’m afraid that in case of damage or pilferage, the insurance company will refuse compensation on the ground of improper packing, or packing unsuitable for sea voyage. B: But cartons are quite seaworthy. They are extensively used in our shipments to continental ports. There are never any complaints from our clients, and our insurance company has also approved such packing for W.P.A. and T.P.N.D. -- 纸箱弄破是容易检查出来的,我说这恰恰可以防止偷盗。 -- 也可能,但在出现损坏或偷盗时,恐怕保险公司会借口包装不当、或 包装不适合于海运为由而拒绝赔偿。 -- 纸箱是很适合海运的。 对于运往(欧洲)大陆港口的货物,我们广 泛采用纸箱,而且从未有客户抱怨过,我们的保险 公司承保水渍险 和偷窃及提货不着险时,也同意使用这种包装。 A: If you could guarantee compensation in case the insurance com- pany refuses to honor a claim for faulty packing, we would be quite willing to accept cartons. B: I’ sorry, but we can’ take on any responsibility that is beyond our functions and powers. We’ make sure that the packing m t ll is seaworthy, but we can’t commit ourselves to being responsible for every kind of mishap. A: I can understand your position. Perhaps I’m asking too much. B: We’ll use wooden cases if you insist, but the charge for packing will be considerably higher, and it also slows delivery. A: Well, I’ll call you immediately for instructions on the matter. B: Please do. I’ll be waiting for your reply. -- 万一保险公司以包装不当为由而拒绝接受索赔时,如果你保证赔偿 的话,我们就乐于接受纸箱。 -- 对不起,我们不能承担任何超出我们职权范围的责任。我们可以保 证包装适合海运,但不能对每一种损失都负责。 -- 我能理解你的立场,也许我要求得太多了。 -- 如果你坚持,我们可以使用木箱,但包装费用就要高得多,而且发 运也要延期。 -- 关于这件事,我会马上打电话给你指示。 -- 好的,我等着你的回答。 Words and Expressions garment [ 5^B:mEnt ] 服装,衣服 polythene [7pCli5Wi:n] 聚乙烯 wrapper [5rApE ] 封套,包装物 catch the eye 引人注目 stevedore [5sti:vidC:] 装卸工,搬运工 strap [strAp] 带,铁皮带 lichee [5li:tFi:] 荔枝 comparatively [kEm5pArEtIvlI] 稍微,有点 Notes 1. be ready for window display 可直接做橱窗陈列 2. wrapping that catches the eye 引人注意的包装 3. We’ll see to it that the blouses appeal to the eye as well as to the price. 我们会注意使这些衬衫看上去美观,价格具有吸引 力。 4. an open wharf 露天码头 5. to honor a claim for faulty packing 接受由于包装不当而提出的索赔 6. bring up 提出 a. You may bring up the matter at the meeting for consideration this afternoon. 今天下午你可以把这件事在会议上提出来考 虑。 b. This problem will be brought up at the next meeting. 这个问题在下次会议上会被提出来。 7. to stand 经得起,耐得住,忍受 Please see that the packing is seaworthy and stands long sea voyage. 请注意包装必须适合于海运, 并经得起长期的海上航行。 8. on the ground(s) of 以??为理由 They would ask for compensation on the grounds of faulty packing. 他们会以包装有瑕疵而要求赔偿。 9. to smooth out 解决;弄平 a. Before going into further discussion, there are one or two things to be smoothed out. 在进一步讨论前, 还有一两件事情需要 解决。 b. Every time she got up from a seat, she always smoothed out the crease in her dress. 她每次从座位上站起来时,总是把连衣裙上的皱弄平。 A Specimen Letter Dear Sirs: We are pleased to inform you that 50 cases of adjustable wrenches you shipped to Lagos on March 18th have arrived in perfect condition. This shows that you have made a great deal of improvement in packing. As for the pliers to be shipped to us, we would like you to have them packed in boxes of 2 dozens each, 100 boxes to a wooden case. We trust you will give special care to the packing in order to avoid damage in transit. Kindly let us know if you can meet our requirements. With our best regards. 释文 先生: 你三月十八日发送的五十箱可调节扳手已完好无损地到达拉各斯,对此我们非常高兴。这表明贵方在包装方面有了很大 的改进。 关于即将发给我们的钳子,我们希望每两打装一盒,一百盒装一木箱。我们相信你们会特别注意包装,以免运输途中受 损。 是否可按我们的要求包装,请告知。 顺致问候。 Substitution Drills 1 Our staffs in the transportation department are fully engaged. committed friendly helpful and efficient 包装 包装 我们运输部的全体职员 都很忙。 工作都很认真。 都很友好。 都很乐于助人而且做事效率高。 2 Your sincere advice on the packing is welcome. comments are 关于包装,欢迎你提出诚恳的建议。 关于包装,你可以提出意见。 3 I had told you that by the beginning of September I would have completed the task. middle end 我告诉过你到九月 初,我会完成任务。 中旬 末2010 年跟单员考试英语辅导:支付条款 TermsofPaymentTerms of Payment 支付条款 Brief Introduction 目前,国际贸易中常用的付款方式( payment terms)有:汇付(Remittance) 、托收(Collection )、信用证(Letter of Cred it) 三种方式。大金额交易时主要是用到信用证,小买卖当然是用托收和汇付来完成。 作为国际结算中的一个重要组成部分,对外贸易货款的支付一般是利用汇票这种支付凭据通过银行进行的。汇票中的跟 单汇票(Documentary Draft)是对外贸易中最常用的一种支付工具。汇票按付款时间的不同,分为即期汇票和远期汇票两种。 Basic Expressions 1. Our terms of payment are by a confirmed irrevocable letter of credit by draft at sight. 我们的支付方式是以保兑不可撤消的、凭即期汇票支付的信用证。 2. Since the total amount is so big and the world monetary market is rather unstable at the moment, we can not ac cept any terms of payment other than a Letter of Credit. 因为这次交易额大,而且目前国际金融市场很不稳定,所以我们除 接受信用证付款外,不能接受别的付款方式。 3. We would suggest that for this particular order you let us have a D/D, on receipt of which we shall ship the goods on the first available steamer. 此次订货,我们建议你们使用即期汇票。收到该汇票后,我们将把 货物装上第一条可定到的船。 4. In order to conclude the business, I hope you’ll meet me half way. What about 50% by L/C and the balance by D/P? 为了做成这批生意,希望双方都各让步一半。百分之五十以信用证 付款,百分之五十按付款交单怎么样? 5. For such a large amount, a L/C is costly. Besides, it ties up my money. All this adds to my cost. 开这样大数额的信用证,费用很大,再说资金也要积压,这些都要 使成本增加。 6. I’d like to discuss the terms of payment with you. I won der if you would accept D/P. 我想同你讨论一下付款条件。不知你能否接受付款交单的方式。 7. Since we are old friends, I suppose D/P or D/A should be adopted this time as the mode of payment. 咱们是老朋友了,我想这次应该用 D/P 或者 D/A 付款方式吧。 8. As we must adhere to our customary practice, we hope that you will not think us unaccommodating. 由于我们必须坚持我们的一贯做法,我们希望你不要认为我们是不 肯通融的。 9. We regret we cannot accept Cash Against Documents On Arrival Of Goods At Destination. 非常遗憾,我们无法接受“货到目的地后凭单付款”这一条件。 10. We wish to reiterate that it is only in view of our long and friendly business relations that we extend you this accommodation. 我们重申,正是鉴于双方长期友好的业务关系,我们才做出此项调和。 11. We have instructed our bank to open an irrevocable documentary letter of credit in your favor. The amount is $ 1,300.00. 我们已通知我方银行开立以你方为受益人的、不可撤消的、跟单信 用证,其金额为一千三百美金。 12. We’d like you to accept D/P for this transaction and future ones. 我们希望你们对这笔交易和今后的交易接受付款交单方式。 13. Your proposal for payment by time draft for Order No.1 is accept- able to us. 对于你方一号订单,我们可以接受你们远期汇票支付的提议。 14. We shall draw on you at 60 days sight the goods have been shipped. Please honor our draft when it falls due. 货物装运后,我们将向你方开出见票六十天内付款的汇票,请到期 即付。 15. The bank has just advised us that our Draft No.2 was de clined (rejected, refused). 我们刚收到银行通知,我们的第二号汇票被拒付了。 16. Under the installment plan, 20% of the contract value is to be paid with orders. 根据这个分期付款计划,合同总值的百分之二十应在订货时付讫。 17. Please indicate that the L/C is negotiable in our country. 请注明信用证在我国可以议付。 18. We shall open an irrevocable letter of credit in your favor, pay able in Hong Kong against shipping documents. 我方将开立以你方为受益人的、不可撤消的信用证,在香港付款交 单。 19. Your request for D/P payment has been considered and we agree to grant you this facility. 我们已经考虑过了你方付款交单的要求,并同意给予你们这个方便。 20. The time draft is to be countersigned by the Bank of Hong Kong, certifying that your signature is true and valid. 远期汇票要由香港银行回签,以证明你方签字是真实、有效的。 Conversations Dialogue 1 W: Well, we’ve settled the question of price, quality and quantity. Now what about the terms of payment? B: We only accept payment by irrevocable letter of credit payable against shipping documents. W: I see. Could you make an exception and accept D/A or D/P? B: I’m afraid not. We insist on a letter of credit. W: To tell you the truth, a letter of credit would increase the cost of my import. When I open a letter of credit with a bank, I have to pay a deposit. That’ll tie up my money and increase my cost. B: Consult your bank and see if they will reduce the required deposit to a minimum. -- 好吧,既然价格、质量和数量问题都已谈妥,现在来谈谈付款方式 怎么样? -- 我们只接受不可撤消的、凭装运单据付款的信用证。 -- 我明白。你们能不能破例接受承兑交单或付款交单? -- 恐怕不行,我们是坚决要求采用信用证付款。 -- 老实说,信用证会增加我方进口货的成本。要在银行开立信用证,我得付一笔押金。这样会占压我的资金,因而会增 加成本。 -- 你和开证行商量一下,看他们能否把押金减少到最低限度。 W: Still, there will be bank charges in connection with the credit. It would help me greatly if you would accept D/A or D/P. You can draw on me just as if there were a letter of credit. It makes no great difference to you, but it does to me. B: Well, Mrs. Wang, you must be aware that an irrevocable letter of cred it gives the exporter the additional protection of the bank er’s guarantee. We always require L/C for our exports. And the other way round, we pay by L/C for our imports. W: To meet you half way, what do you say if 50% by L/C and the balance by D/P? B: I’m very sorry, Mrs. Wang. But I’m afraid I can’t promise you even that. As I’ve said, we require payment by L/C. -- 即便那样,开立信用证还是要支付银行手续费。假如你能接受承兑 交单或付款交单,这就帮我大忙了。你就当作是 信用证一样向我开 汇票。这对你来说区别不大,但是对我来说就大不一样了。 -- 王小姐,你应该也知道,不可撤消的信用证给出口商增加了银行的 担保。我们出口一向要求采用信用证;反过来讲, 我们进口也是信 用证付款。 -- 我们都各让一步吧,货价的百分之五十用信用证,其余的采用付款 交单,你看怎么样? -- 对不起,王小姐。即便那样,我恐怕也不能答应。我都说过了,我 们要求用信用证付款。 Dialogue 2 A: Well, Mr. Brown, we’ve settled everything in connection with this transaction except the question of payment in yen. Now can you explain to me how to make payment in yen? B: Many of our business friends in England, France, Switzerland, Italy and Germany are paying for our exports in Japan currency. It is quite easy to do so. A: I know some of them are doing that. But this is new to me. I’ve never made payment in yen before. It is convenient to make pay- ment in pound sterling, but I may have some difficulty in making payment in yen. B: Many banks in Europe now carry accounts in yen. They are in a position to open letters of credit and effect payment in yen. Con- sult your banks and you’ll see that they are ready to offer you this service. A: Do you mean to say that I can open a letter of credit in yen with a bank in London or Bonn? B: Sure you can. Several of the banks in London, such as the National Westminster Bank and Barclays Bank are in a position to open letters of credit in yen. They’ll do so against our sales confirmation or contract. A: I see. -- 布朗先生,除了日元付款问题外,我们已经谈妥了有关这笔交易 的所有事项。现在,能不能请你解释一下如何用日 元付款? -- 我们在英国、法国、瑞士、意大利及德国的许多商界朋友都用日元 支付我们的出口货物。这很容易做到。 -- 我知道有些人是这么做。但对我来说,这是新做法。我从来没用过 日元付款。用英镑付款很方便,但用日元付款可能会有些麻烦。 -- 现在欧洲许多银行都可以开立日元账户。他们可以开立信用证并且 用日元支付。你去银行咨询就可知道,他们会替 你办理这项业务的。 -- 你是说我可以在伦敦或者波恩的银行开立日元信用证吗? -- 当然可以。在伦敦有好几家银行,如国家威斯敏斯特银行和巴克 莱银行等都可以凭我们的销售确认书或合同开立日 元信用证。 -- 我知道了。 Dialogue 3 W:To get around your difficulty, Mr. Brown, I’d sug gest that you reduce your order by half. You can send in an ad di tion al order later. B: Well, I’ll consider the possibility. By the way, when do I open the L/C if I want the goods to be delivered in June? W: A month before the time you want the goods to be delivered. B: Could you possibly effect shipment more promptly? W: Getting the goods ready, making out the documents and booking the shipping space -- all this takes time, you know. You cannot expect us to make delivery in less than a month. B: Very well, Mrs.Wang. I’ not reduce my order. I’ take the full quan ti ty you offer. And I’ arrange for the Letter of Credit ll ll ll to be opened in your favor as soon as I get home. W: When will that be? B: Early next week. In the meantime, I should be very pleased if you would get everything ready. I hope that the goods can be dispatched promptly after you get my Letter of Credit. W: You can rest assured of that. We’ll book you order and inquire for the shipping space now, so that shipment can be effected within two or three weeks of receipt of your L/C. B: That’ll be fine. I appreciate your cooperation. -- 布朗先生,我建议你把订单数量削减一半以摆脱你的困难。你可 以以后再下追加订单。 -- 喔,我考虑一下这种可能性。顺便问一下,如果我想要你们六月份 交货的话,我需要在什么时候开立信用证呢? -- 交货期前一个月。 -- 你们能否再提前一点交货呢? -- 你瞧,备货、制单证、订舱位――所有这些都要花时间。你总不 能要求我们在不到一个月的时间内交货吧。 -- 好吧,王小姐,我不打算减少订单的数量。你提供的数量我全部 都要。我一回去马上着手办理开立以你方为受益人的信用证。 -- 那将是什么时候? -- 下

我要回帖

更多关于 contain什么意思 的文章

随机推荐