大便是几天前的食物还登过的站,怎么今天wwWStockemotionCom就变为空白了

@stockemotion.com是哪个公司的邮箱_百度知道
@stockemotion.com是哪个公司的邮箱
最近收到了来自这个地址的邮件,内容很莫名其妙,说什么我新股中签需要缴款。有谁知道是哪个公司的邮箱吗?
我有更好的答案
是企业邮箱,应该是沃德股市气象站的,看到他们的域名就是这个
采纳率:100%
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
您可能关注的内容
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。05-1502-1602-1602-1602-1602-1602-1602-1602-1602-16最新范文01-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-0101-01当前位置: >>
新概念课堂笔记
Lesson 1 A puma at large1. at large : of not being in trap or prison? 逍遥自在的,不受限制的The man who robbed the bank yesterday is still at large. rob sb. of sth. 抢某人的东西发现,看到,找到,意识到2. spot : vt. to see ,find ,recognize ? Did you spot the errors?spot : n.地点on the spot / hit the spot /in a spot(in trouble, difficult) 在现场 / 符合…味口 / 在困境中你发现了错误吗? 那本书不符我的味口。? That book doesn‘t hit my spot.? I spotted the well-known film star the moment he appeared.我一眼就发现了那位有名的电影明星。? She is in a spot about money. 他手头拮据。 ? discover / detect / find ? discover 指1.第一次或重大发现,2.以前就存在的人们未发现的?Have you found the book you lost?你找到了你丢失的那本书吗?? Columbus discovered America. 哥伦布发现了美洲。 ? detect 指1.挑毛病的,找蛛丝马迹,挑刺 2.侦察 ? The dentist could detect no decay in her teeth.牙医没有找到她的牙齿有腐烂的地方3. 4.on 接壤to 不接壤 in 包含在内atoftake sth. seriously当真,引起…注意? You can‘t take her promise seriously, she never keeps her promise.(words)你别把他说的当真,她从来不信守诺言。eat one‘s words 食言 5.?evidence :n 证据(不可数名词) There wasn‘t enough evidence to prove him guilty.没有足够的证据证明他犯罪了.in evidence / on (good) evidence proof / witness / confirmation ? God is my witness.明显的 /充分根据于……..(依据)证明 /见证 /确认? Have you found any proof that you‘re the owner of the car? ? We‘re waiting for the confirmation for the news. 6. accumulate :v. 作及物动词----积累,积聚,由少到多,从无到有 ? accumulator 作名词=battery 1.电池 2.(计算机专用)存储器。 ? My saving are accumulate interest. 我的存款在积蓄利息。 ? Dust and dirt soon accumulate if a house is not cleaned regularly.房子如果不经常打扫就积满灰尘和垃圾。Page 1 ? ?collect : 有计划,有目的 gather : 大规模聚集? amass :gather together in large quantity 积聚,收集 ? They amassed enough evidence to convict him on six charges.他们收集了大量的证据以六项罪名指控他。7. oblige :vt. to make necessary for someone to do sth. 使…感到必须 迫使 ? The law obliged parents to send their children to school.法律规定家长应送他们的小孩去上学。? You‘re not obliged to answer these questions ,but it would make our task easier. 你们应当回答这些问题,它会使得我们更容易完成我们的工作。 ?feel / be obliged to do sth. 感到有必要去做某事? I feel obliged to say sorry to him. 我感觉有必要去向他道谦。 8. for :连词 因为 for :介词 为了 9. for / because / since / as 这些单词作为“因为”的区别因为现在是12月白天变短。不表示很强的必然联系, “for” ,不能用在名首。? The days were short, for it was now December. ? It was because I missed you that I catch all the way to see you.我想你,我想尽办法想见到你。强调必须联系,因果关系, “because”可放在名首句中。 ?You shouldn‘t get angry just because some people speak ill of you.(说坏话)你不应该别人说你坏话就生气。? Since you are free tonight, why not drop in and play chess with me.你今晚空闲,为什么不过来和我下棋。 “since”表已知烦人原因‘已经既成事实的原因。句首句中? I returned home late as I had to walk all the way home.我回家晚了,因为我是走路回家的。 “as”表原因,不强调必然联系与because相反。10.similar :adj.相似的; 要与后缀相同的单词 familiar 熟悉的区分开? We share similar opinions. 我们意见相似。 ? be similar to :….与….相似 ? Your view is similar to mine. 你的观点和我的观点相似。?be familiar with与……熟悉? A familiar stranger.熟悉的陌生人. 11. hunt :v. search 搜寻,寻找 /go hunting 打猎 I hunted everywhere, but I can‘t find it. ? hunt down ,hunt up ,hunt out 找到 ? hunt for ,hunt after = run after 寻找,寻觅 ? The professor hunted down the book in the library. ? He is hunting for job.?chase (after) /run after=hunt for,after 追赶Page 2 ? He chased (after) the chief but couldn‘t catch him. ? She runs after every handsome man she meets. 12. run into / run away :escape邂逅相遇 /逃跑13. human being /human beings 泛指人/人类 14. corner :vt.n. get sb. trapped 使陷入困境,,受到威胁,把…难住,使走投无路 ? The dog cornered the rat.? 狗把老鼠逼到一个角落。? The escaped prisoner was cornered at last. The question cornered (got) me. 这问题把我难住了。 the corner / on, at the corner / in the corner在拐弯处,拐角处 在拐角里 好的时光即将来临。 即将来临 ? ? ?? aroundGood times are just around the corner.drive , force , put sb. into a corner 把某人逼入困境 She was driven into a corner by the interviewer. a trail of / a chain of / a series of她被面视者难住了。15. trail : n 踪迹 一连串的,一系列的? The tourists left a trail of litter(乱丢垃圾) everywhere they go.? ?His telephone call interrupted my train of thought.他的电话打断了我的思绪 trail along无精打采的The tired children trail along behind their parents. 疲倦的小孩无精打采的跟着他们父母。? ? ?a chain of mountains连绵起伏的群山 接二连三的好收成a chain of events 一系列的事情 a series of stamps 一套邮票a series of good harvest a series of brilliant leader接二连三的优秀领导人16. a number of / a lot of 大量的,许多的 17. cling to :become attached to 粘在…上面,附着,紧贴,粘紧 The baby monkey clung to its mother. 小猴子紧紧依偎着它妈妈。 The mud was fully clung to his shoes. 他的鞋子上粘满了泥浆。 The smell of smoke clung to his clothes for a long time. 烟味粘在他的衣服上好长一段时间 The shy boy clung to his mother. 这个害羞的男孩紧紧的依偎着他妈妈。 She clung to the hope that he was still alive. 她寄希望他能仍然活着。?cling to one‘s own view. 固执己见 the jungle law 译为弱肉强食18. bush :n. 灌木丛=jungle19. complain of : 抱怨, 投诉 = complain about ? My brother always complained of his boring job. ? I always complained of my pool intake. ? make a complain / deliver 投诉…. 20. convince :v让人信服 使人相信 make someone feel certain ;cause someone to realizePage 3我总是抱怨我那微薄的收入。? complain of, about sth. to sb. 对某人抱怨…. What she said convinced me that I was mistaken. 她说的使得我感到我是错的。 ? convince sb. of sth. 使某人相信某事 ? How can I convince you of his honesty? ? convince sb. to do sth. 使某人相信去做某事 ? What convinced you to vote for him?(赞成票) vote against him(反对票) ? be convinced that… ? I‘m convince that she‘s telling the truth. 21. must have been done sth.1. 虚拟语气 情态动词完成时态 表强调(肯定) 2. 推测 3.应该完成未完成The ground is wet it must have rained last night.? should have been done sth. 22. somehow :adv. 不知怎么搞地 ? I dislike him somehow.?表不一定 只能用在句首或句尾? somehow , I know she‘ll succeed. 不知为什么,我相信他会成功。不知怎么搞地,我就是不喜欢他。? somehow or not=somehow somewhat 即不可用在句首也不能放在句尾,它用来修饰形容词放在形容词前面。放在句中,用在名词前修饰名词 不管怎样,他总是一个古董专家。? She is somewhat sad. ? something of ? He is something of an expert on antiques. 24. disturb: vt. 打扰 ? ? interrupt :打断23. go on doing(with) sth. / keep doing sth.(keep on doing sth.)=continue I‘ll be angry if you disturb me while I‘m sleeping. I‘m sorry to have disturbed. 对不起打扰了. quiet 安静 平静 silent 寂静25. peaceful 宁静26 investigate: v. 调查,研究=look into 27. in common 在…是共同的,相同的 28. have, let, get, make sb. do sth. 后跟省略to的动词不定式 29. blackberry :n. 黑莓 straw hat 草帽 wear: 强调状态 30. put on : 1.穿上----强调动作 2.上演 3.放置31. something / nothing / anything 形容词要修饰它们要后置?I have something good to show you. 我有好东西要给你们看。Page 4 Lesson 2 Thirteen equals one1. equal : v. 等于,抗衡All man are created equal. 众生平等(圣经里的)?equal sb. in sth. 在什么方面与某人抗衡 He doesn‘t equal me in mathematics.他的数学比我差远了。?be equal to与…相同2. raise: vt. 举起 抬起(人为因素)rise: vi. 升起 价格上涨(市场规律) arise: vi. appear 发生 出现 3. cause 事业,宗教义务等 ? repair =fix 修补,修理 course 课程 English course 4. repair ,mend ,maintain 的区别 mend 意为缝缝补补 ? maintain = service 意为正常的保养维护 5. used to do sth. 过去常常做某事,而现在不… get (be) used to doing sth.习惯于做某事=be in the habit of =be accustomed to 6. strike :vt. hit 敲,搏斗;n. 罢工 (go)on strike/in the strike 7. around clock 日日夜夜 day and night ? Our company provides around clock service to all the customer whole heartedly.我公司竭诚为消费者提供24小时服务。day in and day out 日复一日 ? damage? ? ?day after day8. damage / destroy / break / ruin / spoil 的区别 vt.局部损坏,可以修复的(小范围) ? destroy vt. 毁灭性破坏(但程度不算很大) break ruin spoil vt.打破 vt.破坏程度很大,夷为平地 vt.人为破坏,宠坏 wake sb.up 叫醒某人 n. 手臂 ,武器(arms) weapon9. wake (正式)醒来 wake up 非正式 10. arm :v. 武器armed with sth. = equipped sb.with sth. 用….武装 provide sb.with sth.=supply sb. with sth. 11.statistics 统计(学) 数据12.go up to the north 北上 go down to the south 南下13. go on /happen/ continue/take place /occur 继续,发生 It occurred to me that….. 14. in the torchlight 在灯光里用“in” 15. catch sight 看见,察觉 sight 视线 sighting n风景Page 5 near-sighted 近视? ?I‘m near-sighted 我眼睛近视主语是人far-sighted 远视Fall in love with someone at first sight. 一见钟情V.解决问题 solve16. figure: n. 人,数字(=number),人物画 figure out 解决,计算出 = work out =solve I can‘t figure out this problem. 17. in surprise 震惊 处于惊讶之中 ? to one‘s surprise 使某人感到惊讶 ? shock 感到震惊 surprise 惊喜 18. too 也, 用于句末 必须叫逗号 as well 也, 用于句末19.nothing我不能解决这些问题as well as….不仅…也 (and)something anything 修饰的形容词必须后置I have something good to show you. She is in a spot regarding/about money.她最近缺钱 20. grocer :n. 杂货店老板 grocery :n.杂货店 bust into tears 嚎嚎大哭 21. burst into laughter 哈哈大笑 23. stay up all night 熬夜 24. vicar :n. 小牧师 priest 大牧师 bishop 主教 25. be out of order 出故障 乱 In order 井然有序 order 订票 26. it occurred to me that让我想起…22. inexpensive 价廉物美的 cheap 便宜的27. A friend in need is a friend indeed. 患难见真情Translation:1.据报道昨天连战抵达南京. Reports came that Mr. Lianzhan arrived in Nanjing yesterday. It is reported that Mr.Lianzhan arrived in Nanjing yesterday. 2. 知识的积累是一个长期的过程. It takes a long time to accumulate knowledge. 3.您能把那个小偷的模样给我描述一下吗? Could you describe the thief? 4.昨天我在超时碰巧见到了他. I ran into him in the supermarket yesterday. 5.他的鞋子上满是泥浆. Mud clung to his shoes.6.想要说服我太太我们买不起新房子是很难的. It is hard to convince my wife that we can‘t afford the new house. 7.那个房子是我爸爸的. That house is in the possession of my father. 8.一想到儿子上学的事情他就烦躁不安. It is disturbing for him to think about his son‘s schooling.(going to school)Page 6 9.学校里正为那个患病的学生募捐. The school is collecting money for the student who is ill. 10.他母亲的去世对他的打击很大. His mother‘s death has given him a big strike.(hit) 11.悲伤的神情在他的脸上可以清除的看到. Sadness could be spotted clearly on his face. / Sadness printed clearly on his face. 12.我高不清楚那究竟发生了什么,您猜的出来吗? I don‘t know what is going on there. /Can you figure it out? 13.地震造成了大量的房屋毁坏,使我们损失巨大. The earthquake destroyed a lot of houses, which gave us a heavy loss.Lesson 3 An unknown goddess1. ground floor 英 一层 first floor美 一层first floor英 二层second floor 美 二层2. some time 相当长的一段时间内sometime 未来不确定的某个日子 sometimes 有时3. discovery 发现invent 发明 make a great discovery 做出重大发现 make use of太阳能 利用4. take advantage of 利用…优势solar 太阳的6. tolerate 7. at a timesolar energy put up with5. explore/exploit/expedite bear一次探索,考察/剥削,开发/加速stand 忍受at one time 一度=once civilized block文明小区8. enjoy doing sth9. civilized unit 文明单位 10 5-year-old 11. made of物理变化5 years old made from 化学变化装修12.decorate 装饰renovate 崇拜13. worship: n. vt.She worships her father. B.C.公元前 (before Christ) times 复数 时代 be behind the times 落后与时代 show/illustratePage 714. A.D.公元后(after the death of Jesus) 15. time 单数 表示时间不可数 be behind the time迟到16.statue 美术专用语 雕像 日常表示 地位插图 17.represent 19. remains remain代表 on behalf of….代表我谨代表本公司….18.among (三者或以上)/ between (两者之间 ) 在….之间 n.遗物 遗迹 v.依旧 residue 残余物 =left-over 一般指食物剩余 He remains very young.20.freezer 冰箱 ladder 梯子 21.date n.1.日期 2.敲定关系的男女关系 She is my date. go dating 约会 特指男女之间 不含公事约会 V 追溯 上述 22. behead 砍头 23.preserve head v. =go keep 一般保存n.贡献 精心保护reserve预定=ordercontribute v.募捐 筹款24. reconstruct/rebuild/restore 重建,改造/重新修建/恢复,修复 25. rest sth. on/against sth. 放在…..上面/倚靠 ? rest on/rely on /depend on/count on 停留在, 信赖,依赖,指望 26. full-length/full-scale/full-time 27. elegant 优雅 典雅 风度翩翩 pretty :charming 甜 28. stand: vi., vt.站立 拖地长的/与原物大小一样的, 全面的/全部时间的, 专任的charming 外表迷人 handsome 品质 贤妻良母 graceful 体态优雅 beautiful美艳绝伦? 表位于时 = locate ? 表忍受时vt.= bear = put up with = tolerate 29. date from/date back to/look back on 30. turn out (to be) 结果弄清楚是,原来是 31. despite sth./in spite of sth. 32 so far到目前为止 尽管怎么样 .起始于,溯源到/回溯到/回忆33. be equipped with =be armed with 配备有…装备有… 34. happened to =occur by chance 偶然发现 35. pottery / china / ceramics陶器/瓷器/陶瓷 穿衣36. wear 表状态/ dress表刻意打扮 / put on表动作 37. amazed / surprise / shock 惊奇的/惊讶的/震惊 38. identity card 身份证 39. sacred / holy /blessed宗教的/圣洁的/受祝福的religion/n.宗教40.be capable of=be able to 能够translation1. 那个茶杯掉在地下打的粉碎.That cup fell on the ground and it was broken into fragments.2. 曾经一度他十分富有,如今他是个穷光蛋.Page 8 At one time he was rich, but he is poor now.3. 他带着一些书匆忙赶去开会了.Armed with some books he went for the meeting in a hurry. Go for the meeting 开会(确定)4. 这个故事可以追溯到解放前.go for a meeting开会This story can date from liberation. / This story can date back to liberation.5. 这台仪器价值连城需精心保管,其原因是一旦损坏我们的工作就要被耽搁.This machine is very precious, it must be carefully preserved (the moment) once it is damaged our work will be delayed.翻译练习:1 句型 2.断语 3.时态 4.语态 5. 一致性 状语从句中一般将来时要用一般现在时替代.Lesson 4 The double life of Alfred Bloggs1. manual :adj. 体力的 = physical 2. sacrifice :v.牺牲,放弃 = give up3. privilege :n. 好处 = special advantage = right ? disadvantage 不利,不利条件 4. corporation/cooperation 5. drizzle 6. secret :n. 秘密 8. be referred to 9. tie: vt. 打领带/系 11. salary/wage 12. give rise to月薪/周薪 引起, 使发生 公司/合作 读音相同,写法不同n. 毛毛细雨 pour 倾盆大雨正式情况下用confidential: a.绝密 保密7. nowadays/at present/now 现在涉及,关系到,所指bow tie蝴蝶结10. be willing to do sth. /volunteer to do sth. 情愿去做某事13. curious/strange 奇怪的 14. case: n. 事件,案例 15. be too…to… 16. say /speak 17. spend/cost/ in case 以防万一太…不能 说话/说某种语言 花费时间或金钱,主语是人/ 指花钱18. take a bath/have a shower/have a bath 洗澡,淋浴 19. promote /promotion/demote升职vt. /升职n. /降职vt.Page 9 20. be worth doing sth. 21. from now on: 从此 22. colleague / college值得做某事 这本书很值得一读。? This book is well worth reading.它的后面的句子常常用将来时态 同事/大学 要注意两个单词读写区别Lesson 5 The facts1. go to extremes to do…走极端adj.尽头的, 极端的, 极度的, 偏激的, 最后的 n.极端, 极端的事物She will go to any extreme to get her way.?go so far as to do…/go as far as to do…前者用于否定句/后者用于肯定句 Some really keen enthusiasts go as far as to build their own computers. I won‘t go so far as to say that she is dishonest. 我才不会说她不诚实。 In the jungle they were driven to extremes in order to survive.丛林中,他们为了生存被迫采取极端行动。?in the extreme: rather=very 十分 the extreme penalty Extremes meet.死刑? go from one extreme to the other 从一极端转到另一极端? ? 两极相通 提供…2.?provide sb. with sth./supply sb. with sth./provide sth. for sb. This book is provided with an index. 这本书提供了索引。 provide for/support/raise抚养 他有四个小孩要抚养。He has four children to provide for. 3. 4. in fact/as a matter of a fact facts and statistics事实上确切数字和统计数字He returned home safe and sound(健康 形容词). 他安然无恙的回到了家。 The contract is null and void. 本合同无效的。 Serve the people with the heart and soul.全心全意为人民服务 5.? ?instruct sb. to do sth./direct sb. to do sth. require sb. to do sth./order sb. to do sth.command sb. to do sth. 指军方命令指导某人做某事 要求某人做某事I instructed him to come on time. 我要求他准时赶来。 The rules require us all to be present. 规定要求我们都要到场。 ? instruct sb. in sth.在…方面给以指导Page 10 My job is to instruct you in English. 我的工作是在英语方面给你指导。 ? 6. lead to…通往 This road leads to the university.这条路通往这所大学。? guide sb. to… 引导某人…. She guided me to the reception room. ? direct sb. to… 给某人指方向通向…..路 他把我带到接待室。 父亲把他的生意管得很成功。 ……途径My father guided her business to success.Could you direct me to the shortest way to New York? 你能告诉我到纽约的最近的路吗? 7. find 发现 find out 找出,发现,查明 I‘ll go and find out which platform the train leaves from. 我要去看看火车将从哪个站台出发 8. set out to do sth./intend to do sth./be going to do sth./plan to do sth. 打算做……. He set out to impress the company with his cleverness.他想用他的机灵给公司留下好的印象。Do you intend to study at Nanjing University? ? mean to do sth.原来想要做什么 有意你打算到南京大学读书吗?I mean to tell you, but I forgot.我本想告诉你,但我又忘了。set about sth./doing sth.;go about sth./doing sth. 着手做某事 We set about our task immediately with great enthusiasm.我们怀着高度热情立即开始动手开始做我们的事情。9.be impatient with sb.对某人感到不耐烦的You‘re too impatient with him, he is only a child.你对他太不耐烦了,他还只是个孩子。? ? ? 10.be impatient to do sth.: be eager to do sth. 急切地想干某事 be impatient of sth.对某事物不耐烦be impatient for sth.: be anxious with sth. 急切盼望某事物 yet another: still another 再一次,表强调 I‘ve had yet another bill.他还有一份账单要付.He‘s yet made another mistake. 他又犯了一个错。 11. inform sb. of sth./inform sb. that… 12. ?? 通知某人关于某事fire: n. vt. 解雇 fire out/catch (on) fire/make a fire/on fire开火/着火 强调动作/生火/着火 强调状态 play with fire/under fire/fire at sb. fire enginery 消防车 fire man 消防员玩火/受攻击 被困/对...开火 你的房子保了防火险吗?Have you insured your house against fire? 13. 14. 15.be reluctant to do…(be unwilling to do sth) 勉强地做事 不情愿做… not only… but also…/not only…but…as well/not only…but…,too Not only was my mother happy, but my father, too 不仅我母亲高兴,父亲也是 allow sb. to do sth./let sb. do sth. 你做Page 11 give sb. permission to do sth 我做 允许干某事 16. original: a. 原始的,最初的,有独特见解的,有创新性的 17. governess 家教 air-hostess 空姐 flat-ticket飞机票 earthquake 地震Translation1. 这本书是有牛津大学出版社出版的.This book is published by Oxford University Publishing Press.(house)2. 我认为你原来的计划比着个好.I prefer your original plan to this one. / I think your original plan is better than this one.3. 学生们急不可待想知道考试的结果.The students are impatient to know the results of their exam.4. 你有最新的数学统计资料吗?Have you got the latest statistics on Math? / Do you have………5. 他是中国日报的记者. He is a journalist with DChina Daily‖. 6. 没有清洁工我们的世界将会是怎样.What will (would) our world be like without dustman?7. 我只听到他们谈话的只言片语.I heard only a fragment of their conversation.8. 这个古公园的遗址是孩子们最喜欢去的地方.The remains of the ancient park is the favorite haunt of children.9. 几年前对于是否要重建圆明园有过一场争论. (debate)A few years ago there was a debate about whether to reconstruct Yuan Ming Yuan.10. 她们的舞蹈很优美. Their dancing is graceful. 11. 现在的人普遍有拜金主义的现象.At present people usually share the worship of money.12. 制作这种工具需要手巧.This tool requires skillful manual making.13. 她不但人长得漂亮,而且书读得也很棒.Not only is she beautiful, but studies hard as well. 14. 由于不能回答老师提出的问题,她感到十分尴尬,脸面全无. She was greatly embarrassed since she couldn‘t answer the teacher‘s questions.15. 随着其地位的变化,他如今配备有汽车二部,别墅一栋.He is equipped with two cars and a house with the change of his social position.16. 她母亲在那所高校工作,因此她得天独厚能够很容易就借到了那套丛书.She is privileged to borrow that set of books because her mother works at that college.17. 如今的他在英语学习上远远地落后于其他同学.Nowadays he has been far behind other students in English study.Page 12 Lesson 6 Smash-and-grab1. smash: vt. break sth. to pieces 粉碎? He got drunk and began to smash(乱砸) things. ? The car smashed into a wall. 2. grab: vt. 抓住,抢夺 ? grab sth. from sb.=rob sb. of sth. ? He just grabbed the bag from my hand and ran away. ? grab at:: try to snatch 试图抓住 ? He grabbed at the opportunity of going abroad.他抓住了出国的机会 ? grab off:get sth. snatch sth. in advance 提前抢到 ? The people who got to the show first grabbed off the best seats. 抢到好位置 ? (grab,抢夺 3. ? ? ?snatch,抢夺grasp,猛抓住clutch,抓的很紧catch)逮住ring: vi./vt. /n. 及物 打电话 ;不及物 响了,听起来 The bell rang for the class. 上课铃响了 His words rang true. 他的话听起来是真的 ring off=hang up 挂机(电话) hold on稍等(电话)dial 拨电话? He rang off before I could explain. 我还没解释完他就挂机了 ? ring up=call up/call/telephone/dial?I‘ll ring the director up tomorrow. 我明天给主任打电话 background: n. 背景 Abraham Lincoln came from an impoverished background.林肯出身贫寒4.?? on (against) background 在….背景下 ? highlight 突出点 重点 热门 5. 6.?blare: v.吼叫 BLARE 表示姓 staff: n. /vt.配备 staff members 全体成员? The captain‘s voice blared in the telephone. The leader staffed our factory with fifty.领导给我们配备了五十人. Is 整体 are 个体 ? The staff in this shop are very helpful.热心 staff 任何单位全体员工 crew 船,飞机上的全体工作人员 faculty 学校里的所有人员 7. raid: n. 偷袭 attack 进攻 raid=attack suddenly ? The police raided the hotel.Page 13? The staff is/ are working efficiently. ? Make a raid on an enemy camp. 8. scramble: vi./ vt. 打乱 破坏 ? Bad weather scrambled the air schedule. 糟糕的天气打乱了飞行计划 ? I scrambled up the rock for a better look at the sea.我爬上那个岩石是为了更好的看看大海? They are all scrambling to get the bargains.争先恐后的买便宜货 ? scramble for= to get sth. ? He scrambled for cover against the sudden rain. ? He scrambled out of his clothes and jumped into the river to save that boy. 9. fantastic: a. ? high speed 高速 low speed 低速 at a fantastic speed/fantastic sum of money ? She‘s really a fantastic girl.他是个非常迷人的女孩 ? His dream is fantastic.他的梦很荒谬 10. empty/vacant:空荡荡的/无人居住的 vacancy 空房间=vacant room 11. admire: vt. look with pleasure or satisfaction/ have a high regard for欣赏 爱慕,仰慕,敬佩 ? ? ? ? 很快的速度 /一大笔钱? a fantastic view of the city from the mountain topCome and admire the view. 过来欣赏那个景色 He is (has been) admiring that girl in secret. 他在暗暗追那个女孩 I gave her an admiring look.我很欣赏的看了他一下 I admire your conduct.我对你的所作所为很欣赏 on display 在展览? We all admired her for the way she saved the children from the fire.敬佩 12. display: n./ vt.?? His paints are on display. 他的画在展览 He surprised us by displaying his talents in Math. 他在数学上展现的天赋令我们惊讶直勾勾看 凝视13. gaze at: look steadily for a period of time fix one‘s eyes on…. ? He sat there gazing at the fire. ? (gaze at, stare at, glance at, catch a glimpse of, glare at, gape at ,peep at)凝视/ 瞪着眼睛看/ 很快看/ 瞥一下/ 目瞪口呆看 /惊讶看/ 偷窥14. After gazing at the display for several minutes, Mr. Taylor went back into his shop. After finishing the exam, the students went home. 15. with/ without 引导的独立主格结构 a.) with/ without +n. /pron.(代词) + present participle(现在分词) I can‘t concentrate on my work with so many people coming and going. 表原因 He took off his shoes and went upstairs, without any steps being heard.Page 14 b.) with/ without +n. /pron. + past participle(过去分词) With the work finished, they went home.原因 先后关系 c.) with/ without +n. /pron. + a.形容词 I often go to bed with the windows open. d.) with/ without +n. /pron. + ad.副词 Tom hurried out of the room, with the TV still on. e.) with/ without +n. /pron. + prepositional phrase介词短语 He stood there with his hands in his pockets. f.) with/ without +n. /pron. + n. The old lady lives singly, with Peter her only relative. 16. break the silence break the ice 打破僵局 break ice 破冰 17. come to a stop/halt停/standstill Don‘t open the door until the car comes to a stop.车未停稳请勿下车 come to an end 结束 come to a decision 做出决定 come to a climax 步入高潮 come to fame 成名 come to success 成功 come to a conclusion 得出结论 18. …while…引导并列关系的句子=whereas You like sports, while I‘d rather read.而我~~~~ Some people waste food while others haven‘t enough. 19. begin doing动名词,主观有意识 begin, start, commence, continue后跟动名词 I began jogging last month.从上月我开始跑步 The weather started to get warm.主观控制不了 They got married five years ago。瞬间动作用过去时 I scorn telling lies.我讨厌别人跟我说谎 I score to tell a lie.我讨厌自己说谎 I don‘t like reading in bed.不喜欢 I don‘t like to read in bed.现在不喜欢动名称 习惯性状态 不定式 具体动作need, want, require, deserve主动语态表被动的意思用动名词必须是原形或者动词不定式被动语态 The room needs cleaning/ to be cleaned. 20. be busy doing sth. be busy with/at/ about/ over 忙于什么事 be up to=be taken up with=be up to one‘s ears in sth. = be tied up with… 21. help oneself to sth. Make yourself at home, help yourself to dishes.别客气请吃菜 a piece of salted duck 盐水鸭 fry 煎、炸 steam蒸、焖 roasted duck 烤鸭 steam bread 馒头Page 15 I like to help myself to dishes at a table.自己夹菜 The thief was caught on the spot when he was helping himself to the money from the safe保险柜 in the shop.It‘s never too old to learn.活到老学到老 mutton 羊肉 Leap year 闰年 22.stay up熬夜pork 猪肉beef牛肉great leap forward大跃进 Leap-jump hop 三级跳远 stay at 呆在… lace 饰带 clothes lace 花边 shoe lace 鞋带 move off 逃走Opening ceremony开幕式 closing ceremony闭幕式 23.necklace 项链 24.move away 搬家25.death notice 讣告 deaf 聋 dummy 哑Lesson 7 Mutilated ladies1. mutilate: vt. destroy the use of (a limb, etc) a mutilate body 肢解尸体 碎尸 The painting was mutilated by cutting holes in it. Many people were mutilated in the blast.很多人在爆炸中受伤 (mutilate, disable) 2. chew: vt.残缺/使….丧失能力 残缺 丧失功能Chew your food well before you swallow 咽 it. Helen sat chewing her pencil, trying to think what to write next. I‘ll give you one day to chew it over. Chew sth. over 考虑 思考 3. fiance / fiancée 未婚夫/妻 4. microwave: micro-, wave微机maid 少女微小的microphone, microcomputer, microbiology, microscope,麦克风 微生物学 显微镜mini-: 小的 minibus, miniskirt,(中巴/迷你裙) macro-: 宏观的 巨大的 macroeconomics 宏观经济 5. safekeeping: n. 妥善保管,警卫 v take good charge of take good care ofThe document is in safekeeping with the secretary. Our dog dug a hole under the tree and put the bone in it for safekeeping. 6. identify: vt. recognize tell鉴别 识别Page 16 Can you tell A from B? 你能分得清AB吗? It‘s difficult to identify his accent.口音 Wealth can‘t be identified with happiness.财富与幸福不能划等号 be identify with 7. 8. 9.与…等同identify oneself with… 投入,献身干…. happen/ take place/ occur一般发生/重大事件发生/一般事件发生identify A with B全部主动不能被动trousers 总是复数 pants: 裤子 note: n./ vt. take notes 注意 He noted John‘s appearance. in despair 在绝望中10. despair: vi. / vt. /n. 11. need: 12. 13. 14. deal with:处理 deal:n.交易She lived in despair with her husband and son dead.That‘s make a deal.我们成交吧.claim: vt. / n. 宣称/索赔 chew up 嚼 完(光)use up, eat up, drink up, finish up, pay up, burn up, Just get them to finish up as soon as possible. He paid up all his debts. 15. A recent case concerns Jane Butlin whose fiance, John, runs a successful furniture business.定语从句 My dog whose name is Ted is growing fast. The house whose windows are broken is unoccupied.无人居住 16. have a good day: have a good time白天再见 have a good day晚上再见 good nightA big day for sb 某人过得很顺 the good/ bad days (idiom)成语 过去的好(坏)时光 We met sometimes to chat about the good old days at school. Those were the days.流金岁月 似水年华 Do you till remember when we got married? Those were the days.你还记得我们刚结婚时的好时光吗?In the old days 旧社会 17. go horse-riding/ come horse-riding 去骑马/ 来骑马 Would you come dancing with me tonight? cooker 厨具 cook 厨师 18. imagine: vt. 名词+从句+动名词+动词不定式 Can you imagine life on the moon?Page 17 I‘m trying to imagine how the house will look when it‘s finished. (what will be) I can just imagine John running his own business. A lot of people imagine America to be a sort of paradise.(heaven)很多人把美国想象成天堂19. turn to: become turn into 把….转化His love turned to hate.由爱生恨 turn out生产20. so long as: 引导条件状语从句(强调动作或状态的延续性 As long as 只要 强调的是唯一的条件 Don‘t worry about the mistakes you may make in conversation, as/ so long as you can make yourself understood in English. providing/ provided that…以…为条件 肯定 I‘ll come providing (that) I am well enough. on condition (that):以…为条件(强调严肃性,既可用于陈述语气,亦可用于虚拟语气) I‘ll come on condition that Mary is invited, too. He can go out on condition that he (should) come. suppose/ supposing (that)…假定…(询问可能解决的方法或结果;如假设的条件不能实现,要用虚拟语气) = assuming (that)Suppose you‘re in a strange city, what will you do? Suppose your parents saw 与当前相反用过去式you now, what would you say? Would +动词 21. state 国家 强调政治制度结构 state apartment 国务院 land 强调国家的山山水水 nation 强调国家的民主性 country 泛指统称国家 22. athlete 运动员Lesson 8 A famous monastery1.?monastery: n.修道院 nunnery/ convent church一般教堂 女修道院nun (sister)修女? monk和尚 ? abbey ? 2.? ?abbot修道士 cathedral某个区的最大教堂pass: n./ vt./ vi. 关隘,军事重地;算了, intersection crossroad T-roadT字路口round- about环形路十字路口(交通) 人生或事业的紧要关口Page 18? Our business is at the crossroad: if this deal 交易 succeeds, our future未来 is assured 保障; if not, we shall be bankrupt.破产3.rashly: ad.rash: a.? make decisions rashly匆忙做出决定 ? It was rash of you to sign the form without reading it. ? 4.? ? ? ?Rash(指物), impulsive (人和物)冒失 鲁莽 enclosure: n. 圈 enclose: vt. 附上; 圈 an enclosed order of monks一群与世隔绝的僧侣 enclose a garden with wall 砌墙围花园 Enclosed/Attached, please find some pictures of the car. 随 信 附 上 几 张 汽 车 照 片P.S. 附/另? The enclosure of public land meant that ordinary people could no longer use it.5.?privacy:清静 Everyone has the right to protect his privacy.每个人有权保护自己的隐私? in privacy= in secret私下的,悄悄的 ? in the privacy of one‘s thoughts某人心灵深处(步入 印入) 6. connect: vt. connection 名词 ? connect…to/ with…连接 ? The express高速公路 connects Beijing to Shanghai. ? Good students must connect what they read with what they see around them. ? ( join…to/with…, link…to/with…)把。 。连接起来 =connect to /with ? associate… with…把 连接起来 抽象 ? He wished to forget everything associated with his former life.? 他希望忘记过去所有的一切。? relate…to…联系 ? Is wealth related to happiness? 有钱就意味着幸福吗? ? suggest:与? 有关联 表明? The shape of the wallet suggested that it must be from a lady.这个皮夹子的形状表明是个女士的。7.? ?pass: n./ vt. pass on传递 pass by=go by路过经过 pass off=stop停 pass for=be regarded as被当作,被认为 pass away=die去世 pass out=lose consciousness昏迷? I passed her message on to her mother.传口信? pass over=not consider/think about对….不加考虑 ? pass through=experience经历 about a mile away.定语从句Page 198. The famous monastery of St. Bernard, which was founded in the eleventh century, lies ?用两个逗号隔开放在句中 一个逗号是放在句尾------非限制性定语从句 (修饰性关系很长,句法成 份复杂) 。? ? ?仅修饰先行代词前的名词,无须标点隔开---------限制性定语从句He thought me impatient, which he himself was.他认为我缺乏耐心,而他也是这样的人。? He didn‘t mean any harm, which I realized. ? He said that he had never seen her, which was not true. 9. found: vt. (an important agency机构) found 原型动词 建立重要的机构或组织 fund 基金 ? The publishing company was founded in 1800.那家出版社1800年成立。 ? establish: vt. (an important organization)组织建立(指基金会等) ? set up: ( a tent/ camp)建立(房子 帐篷 营地) build ? erect: vt. (sth. high)建造 树立 强调宏伟性和高度 ? A temple was erected to memory of Quyuan.建一个庙宇纪念屈原 ? put up: (oral English)用于口语 10. lie: vi./n.躺 位于。 。地方, 说谎 ? lie down? 躺下 n谎言tell a lie说谎lie to sb.对某人说谎11. save: vt.? ?Spare me!放过我 Spare a.业余 v.把…留下Help!救命? 12. bring: vt.support 喂养? bring sb. up=raise sb.把某人抚养长大 13. Now that: 复合性连词 1.因为,既然 2.当…时候 ? Now that you have the chance you‘d better take advantage of it.? 既然你有了机会你就要好好抓住? Well, now (that) you‘re here, you may make yourself useful as well.? 既然你已经到了这里你就要好好发挥你的聪明才智? Now that he was ill, I realized how much I owed him.? 当他生病的时候我才意识到欠他很多? But now (that) the chance had come, I could not speak. 机会来的时候我却说不了话 14. despite: prep. = in spite of… 后跟名词,名词短语不能跟从句?Despite advanced years, he is learning to drive. 尽管年事已高他仍然学校驾驶? In spite of his efforts he failed.尽管做出那里他仍然失败了 ? For all+ n./ for all+ clause:从句 尽管 ? For all his wealth, he was unhappy. ? For all that she has a good sense of balance平衡, she can‘t dance well.Page 20 ? Notwithstanding=in spite of… 介词(书面语) 法律 正式文件等?The match was completed notwithstanding the bad weather.尽管天气不好比赛仍如期举行与…不同? be different from? Be different in 在某方面不同 ? Differ A from B.把AB区分开 16. prefer A to B/ prefer doing… to doing…/prefer to do…rather than do(省to)宁愿..而不愿 ? She prefers to study English in Beijing rather than study English abroad. ? prefer that clause(should +v.) ? We prefer that the plan (should省略)be fully discussed before being put into action. ? I should prefer that/I would prefer it if (past tense) ? I‘d prefer it if you didn‘t smoke in front of the children. ? Of course, I should prefer that I didn‘t have to do so much work. ? Preference n. ? He would like to ask for his mother ‘s permission(allowance) whether (if) he could go for an outing 郊游 with us. 17. a party of (activity) 一批人 一群人(参加活动) ? a galaxy天体 星球 of (outstanding)一群人 一批人 (精英) ? a host of?a community of一批人 一群人(志趣相投) a cloudy of 一群(云彩)阻止…做…事情? a collection of一堆(垃圾) 一帮(学生) 18. drop (to) 下降drop (by) 顺道拜访 drop in 专程拜访使…与…进行广泛接触19. keep sb. from doing/stop sb. from doing/prevent sb. from doing 20. bring sb. into greater contact with?May brings thousands of tourists to Yunnan yearly. 云南五月份总能吸引大批游客 surrender投降 surrender to sb.向…投降 Anti-body抗体21 .inspection 检查 上级对下级examine 仔细检查 check 大致检查 22 surround 包围 23. cannon大炮 canon峡谷 24 Anti-Japaness War 抗日战争 liberation war 解放战争 25 monument 纪念碑 26. wander 溜达 wonder 奇迹 27 .bring带来 import 进口 正式手续 28 on Christmas 在圣诞节那一天 at Christmas 30. cross 十字架,叉 across 横跨在圣诞节期间29 behind the time 拖延,迟到/ahead the time 提前 tunnel /tube 隧道 试管Page 21 Lesson 9Flying cats1. fascinate: vt. attract or interest greatly 迷住,吸引住 ? I was fascinated by her stories of her childhood in minority community.少数民族居住区? The boy was fascinated by the toys on display in the shop window. ? have/ hold a fascination for sth. ? Stamp collection holds a certain fascination for me. ? be absorbed in…= concentrate on 全神贯注地….着迷 ? The children were so absorbed in their game that they didn ‘t notice our coming. ? She was sitting by the fire over there, absorbed in a book. ? be obsessed with sth./doing sth. 对…入迷 深度入迷 沉迷与… ? He was obsessed with computer games two months ago. ? Be engrossed in sth.=concentrate on…为…折服, 对…着迷,钦佩 ? The audience was completely engrossed by the actor ‘s performance. 2.?affectionate: a.一往情深 feeling-emotion-affection affectionate kisses/ words深情一吻 /甜言蜜语? an affectionate child= a lovely child 可爱的孩子 ? be affectionate towards…对…一往情深 ? She is very affectionate towards her husband.她深爱着自己的丈夫 3. mysterious: a.神秘的 ? There is something mysterious about her childhood. ? mysterious, mystical, mythical (神秘 惊奇 有神话色彩的) ? respect, respecting, respective? ? ?(尊敬关于介词(about)各自的)industry, industrial, industrious(工业 工业的 勤劳的)economics, economical (经济 节约) produce, product (农产品 工业产品)4. submissive: a.=obedient=docile (to) 服从 ? He is always submissive to his wife.妻管严 ? submit to sb./ sth. 服从某人 ? I refuse to submit to his control. ? yield to sb./ sth.向某人屈服 The government has not yielded to public opinion. 政府不会向公众舆论屈服 ? The boy yielded to temptation and had another chocolate.那个男孩禁不住诱惑又吃了一块巧克力? bow to sb. /sth.向某人屈服 妥协 ? I‘ll bow to your judgment though I have different thought.? 尽管我的观点不同但是我还是服从你.Page 22 ? be subject to sb. /sth.服从 无条件 ? The employees are subject to the rules and regulations of the company.? 员工无条件服从公司的制度5. feline: a. -ine ? aquiline 鹰的…科的 纲的 种的 canine 犬的6. independence: n. ? the American Declaration of Independence 美国独立宣言?India gained its independence from Britain in 1947. 印度1947年从英国获得独立? be independent of… ? As you must have seen from my work, I‘m perfectly independent of him. ? Be dependent on/ upon sb. /sth/ (for sth.) ? Young children are dependent on their parents for love and emotional support. 7. high-rise: a.建筑物高层? ? ?high-tech,high sea,hi-jack(er),high top (高科技/公海/高空劫机(者)/高层领导) Jack of all, master of none. 什么都懂什么都不精 high-tech products, highway, (高科技产品/高速公路) artillery: 炮兵8. paratrooper: n.伞兵?trooper: 装甲兵, infantry: 步兵, cavalry: 骑兵,9 impact: n.冲击力 ? The speech had a great impact upon/ on the audience.?He collapsed垮台 under the full impact of the blow.打击10. Cats never fail to fascinate human beings.双重否定 ? She did not fail to keep his words.她从不食言 ? No one can avoid being influenced by the advertisements. ? Nobody is without his faults. ? She accepted his proposal not without hesitation. ? I scarcely read a book in bed without going to sleep. ? There is nothing he cannot do.无所不能 ? He has no little reputation as a singer.有名的歌手 ? No man in the room but had tears in his eyes. 11. of one‘s own:自己的 ? She would rather have a room of her own than sleep with her sister.?on one‘s own: in person/ by oneself 1.亲自 2.无人能与之比美? He got a job on his own. ? For craftsmanship, John is on his own.在手艺方面约翰顶尖 12. lead mysterious lives= live mysterious lives ? He breathed his last breath.Page 23 ? They fought a hard fight. ? He dreamed a good dream. 13. as a result: 其结果是…. ? Jobs are hard to find and, as a result, more young people want to continue their education. ? consequently:坏结果 ? My car broke down and consequently I was late. ? as a result of…由…引起的结果 ? He is unable to go to work as a result of the fall from his bike. ? With the result that + clause ? I was in bath, with the result that I didn‘t hear the telephone. 14. remain: vt./vi.仍然 ? She remains single.她单身一人 ? We can remain friends. ? He remained standing there for half an hour. ? You can‘t let the room remain like that. 15. be suspicious of…怀疑,猜疑 16. all one‘s life=through one‘s life ? I‘ll wait for you all my life. ? for life:终身 The murder was imprisoned for life. ? lifetime: n.一生 lifelong: a.终身的 17. belief + that (同位语从句) ? The experiments were based on the belief that they could make gold from other metals. ? in the belief that…认为 ? He came to me in the belief that I could help him. ? It is my belief that…我认为 ? It is believed that…众所周知 ? I believe that…我认为 18. apparently, obviously, clearly, evidently-----明显的 19. be based on… base sth. on…依据于… ? I base my hope on the good news I heard yesterday. ? on the basis of…以…为依据 ? On the basis of this theory he worked out his picture of the future. 20. have sth. in common 在某件事情上有共同点 21. die of… /die with… die by…/die for… 22. suffer from…受….难Page 24 ? He suffered a lot from cold and hunger. ? He suffered a lot from the cancer. 23. well-trained: a.良好训练的 ? well-educated, 良好教育的 well-bred,有教养的 well-dressed,穿着入时的 ? well-read,博学的 24. It seems that (表语从句) ? It seems that nobody knew what had happened. ? It seems likely that… ? It appears that… ? It looks as if… ? It sounds as if… ? It is likely that… ? It is probable that… 25. stretch out: 伸展 延伸 stretch oneself: 26.be likely to do 具有一定的可能性 (主语可以是人也可是是it 形式主语) ? He is likely to go there.他有可能去那 ? It is likely for him to go there. ? It is not likely to cancel (call off) this meeting. ? We are likely to win the bet. 27 the more the better 28 cancel , call off 取消 29. laundry detergent 洗衣粉 do one‘s laundry 洗衣服 ? Idea 观点 ideal 理想的 30. a good deal of 许多 不可数名词 ? a lot of 可数 ,不可数 31 such/so的区别 32.capital idea 好主意比good idea用法地道 33.appreciate感激 admire 欣赏 a great many 可数 a mumber of 可数越多越好? The more money we have the easier we do it.translation1. 那些摄影作品昨天展出了. Those photographs were on display yesterday. 2. 那个女孩充满敬佩之情地看着他.That girl gazed at him with admiration. 3. 她走进教室时大家都望着她 She came into the classroom with us looking at her. 4. 他死了, 而他的儿子还是个学生. He died with his son yet a schoolboy. 5. 她认出那个男人就是袭击过她的人.She recognized/identified the man who had raided her.Page 25 6. 彼德的文章被肢解得面目全非. Peter‘s article has been mutilated. 7. 咬别人的狗的主人应该把狗拴起来.The master whose dog bite others should have it tied up.8. 假设这个传闻是真的,我们该怎么办? (rumor)Suppose this rumor is true, what shall we do?9. 我喜欢独自在书房看书.I like reading on my own in my study.10. 我总是把他和开快车联系在一起. I always associate him with fast cars. 11. 他们全神贯注于自己的工作. They are absorbed in their work. 12. 你工资这么低时就结婚,你不觉得草率吗?Isn‘t rash of you to marry while your salary is low?13. 你到底想说什么? Whatever do you want to say? 14. 这是个和睦的家庭. This is an united and affectionate family. 15. 成功取决于你工作有多努力. Success is dependent on how hard you work. 16. 撞车时,乘客系着安全带.The passengers had their seat belts on at the time of impact.17. 无人不晓. Nobody knows nothing about it. 18. 好像没人在家. It seems that nobody is at home. 19. 我和她没有共同语言,不知道和她谈什么.I have nothing in common with her, and didn‘t know what to talk about.20. 我的争辩是以事实为基础的. My argument is founded on facts.Lesson 10 The loss of the Titanic1. colossal: a. titanic, gigantic, immense ? titanic:1.抽象概念 2.形体巨大 ? gigantic:范围大,疆域大 巨人 ? immense表达的范围和疆域的概念远远大于gigantic?A titanic effort is needed to finish the job by Monday. 要在下周一前完成这个工作需要做出很大的努力.?a titanic wave/ a titanic mountain range 巨浪 /连绵不断的山脉幅员辽阔的国家 /对我们的安全是个巨大的威胁 大洋 /艰巨的任务 巨大的影响(不好) /十分满意? a gigantic country/ a gigantic threat to our security?? an immense ocean/ an immense task?an immense influence/ an immense satisfactionPage 262.watertight: a. water-resistant/ waterproof/anti-water防水 抗水 ? 3.The system, of course, is not watertight.这个系统当然是有漏洞的 compartment: n. compart + ment The pipes burst and our basement was flooded.管子破了地下室全是水4. flood: vt. 淹没,泛滥;n.水灾 drought 旱灾?? Foreign goods flooded our market.洋货充斥着我们的市场 ? at the flood 在便利的时候 ? a flood of…/ a lot of… ? be flooded with…/flood …with… ? /provide …with…/ be filled with…充斥…..充满…… ? drown sth. (in sth.): flood sth. 淹没…. ? Her eyes were drown with tears.她的眼里噙满泪花 ? He drowned himself in work.全神贯注地工作 ? 5. float: vi. /drift 漂流,漂浮 6.? ?The music floated out upon the air.? We watched the leaves drift downstream. tragic: a.悲惨,悲剧 (antonym反义词: comic 喜剧) tragedy n./ comedy n. voyage: n. 航海 介词用 on go on a voyage 去航行 the first /maiden voyage 首航 处女航 travel: (long distance esp. on business or for an outing)长途旅行尤指因公出差或者观光 travel around the world 环球旅行 ? journey: ( to a place far away) 去很远地地方 ? trip: (short distance and time esp. with great pleasure) 短距离短时间,强调玩地很愉快 ? a weekend trip/ a trip to the seaside ? excursion: (short distance and time)短距离短时间 不强调玩地结果 ? go on a day excursion to the Great Wall ? tour: (to any place) 任何地方,大小不管 ,月球---工厂都可以 ? make a tour of the museum ? visit: 正式用语,参观访问 8. 9. iceberg: n.冰山 Iceland 冰岛 lookout: n. t望员,警惕 look out = be careful 小心,当心 ? Be careful, not to make the mistakes. 小心不要犯错. ? take a sharp lookout for…对…加以密切关注 ? be on the lookout for…寻找=look for ? look into 调查 /look forward to ? look down upon 10. collision: n. 碰撞Page 27? 7.? as cold as an iceberg 冷若冰霜 as white as snow 洁白如雪盼望,期望 / look on 观望看不起 /look up to 孝敬 尊敬 敬仰 ? There was a three-car collision on the express. 高速公路上有三辆车相撞 A collision with parliament could ruin the government‘s plan. ? be in/come into collision (with…)与…碰撞,相撞 ? The liner is reported to have been in collision with an oil-tanker. ? in conflict (with…)与…产生矛盾,冲突 ? Their report of the event was in conflict with ours. ? clash (between sth. and sth.) 武力冲突 ? a clash between two colors 两种颜色不协调 ? a clash between trousers and jacket.衣服和裤子不配 ? There was a clash between two colors. 两种颜色不协调 11. narrowly: ad. 勉强地,刚刚好地, a.狭窄 a narrow escape 死里逃生 ? He was elected by a narrow majority.他以勉强地多数通过了选举 ? a narrow margin 薄利,没有多少余地 margin:书刊报纸在印刷过程中留下的空白?He won the race by a narrow margin.他以微弱的优势赢得了那场比赛12. miss: n.小姐 vt.错过 ;不相干….;思念 ; 丢失 ? When did you miss your wallet? ? You can‘t imagine how I miss my sweetheart.?miss sb. /sth. /miss doing sth. 后接名词,代词,动名词,不能跟动词不定式? I knew I should miss studying at Fudan University. ? He just missed going to jail.他差一点坐牢了 13. slight: a.轻微的? ? ? ?tiny minute小错误 /轻微头痛a slight error/ a slight headachenot in the slightest: not at all 一点也不 You didn‘t embarrass me in the slightest. 你一点也没让我感到尴尬 light/ gentle (重量/动作,风度,品质,温存)-----轻微的震颤 因寒冷,生气,恐惧而引起的颤抖14. tremble: vi. shake/shiver/vibrate ? shake: 握手时抖动? tremble/shake with cold/anger/terror? Did you notice the old man‘s hands shaking/trembling when he took out his money??shiver with cold/nerve 因寒冷紧张? He stood shivering in the wind-swept street. ? vibrate with passion/ joy/rage高兴,愤怒,兴奋发抖,物理想象引起的抖动 ? Heavy trucks passing by will make the ground and your house vibate ? 15. faint: a. 微弱的 in a faint voice 16. abandon: vt. /desert 抛弃 ? The girl baby was abandoned by her parents.Page 28 ? He felt guilty at deserting his wife. ? 17.?feel guilty at 对….感到内疚 plunge: vt. /vi. /n. 跳入.投入feel guilty of 对…感到有罪He took a plunge into the water.他跳入河里 A power failure plunged the room into the darkness. 停电使得房间陷入黑暗? He plunged deep into thought. ? take the plunge: run the risk to try 冒险尝试 ? plunge into:跳进 18. sail for B (from A) ? Our ship sails for Hong Kong from Shanghai weekly. ? set sail (for) 前往 The ship set sail for Europe. 19. regard: vt. /n.问候 问好 尊敬 v. 看作,认为 ? Please give her my best regards. ? She regarded dressmaking with great dislike.她一点都不喜欢做衣服 ? I have a high regard for his opinion.我很尊重他的观点 ? This doesn‘t regard him at all.这与他一点都不相称 ? Pay regard to you study.关注,注意?regard…as/be regarded as…被当作? I regard him as my friend. ? I regard him as stupid. She regarded him as (being) without principles. 她认为他是一个没有原则的人 ? They regarded the contract as having been broken. ? as regards/ in regard of/ with regard to/regarding /about?be counted as/be considered as/be viewed as/be taken as被当作,被认为? Mary is counted as a member of the family. 20. even if…(让步状语从句,unwillingly) 即使(不情愿)? ?Even if I were starving, I would not ask a favor of him.我即使饿死也不求他 He seems youthful even though he‘s an old man. 不强调情愿还是不情愿21. set out/off (on /for sth., to do sth.):出发 ? We now set out to climb the hill. ? They set out on the last stage of their journey. ? They‘ve set off on a trip round the world. ? start out/off: set out/off ? Bill started out/off for school on his bike. 22. narrowly+含否定意义的词:险些,差点没 ? Peter rode his bike so fast that he narrowly missed knocking the child down.? 彼得车子骑得很快差一点撞到了那个孩子Page 29 23. from below:(二重介词) -----搭配不固定 ? from under, from behind, until after, except in ? The dog came out from under the table. ? 复合介词:as for, as to, next to, out of, according to, due to -----固定搭配 ? all night. 24. The noise had been so faint that no one thought that the ship had been damaged. ? 倒装1:So faint had the noise been that no one thought that the ship had been damaged. ? 倒装2:So faint had been the noise that no one thought that the ship had been damaged. ? So+形容词+助动词(be动词)+主语 25. The captain realized to his horror that the Titanic was sinking rapidly.? ? ? ? 就…而言 几乎 在..外 依照 由于? Last night he sat next to that girl while watching the film, which made him awaketo one‘s surprise/horror/joy/amazement使…感到惊讶的是/恐惧/高兴/惊异/可耻/amazement/shame(或可置于简单句首)a)可置于简单句首? To their surprise the parcel was full of stones and sand.?b) 句子是宾语从句时置于find/discover/learn/notice/see/ be told后,宾语从句之前 modern-looking woman.? They found to their surprise that the goddess turned out to be a very ? The driver discovered to his relief that he had not taken the wrong road at all. ? c) 谓语动词是其它动词时,用Dwith surprise‖ ? I saw with surprise that she was crying. 26. she is not a cup of tea.她不是我喜欢的那种类型 ? GPS定位系统 globe position system 27.theoretical理论/conclusion结论/boundary边界/abundant丰富/dessert 甜点 ? 28.water 不可数名词 水 waters 如果是+s则表示不同类型的水或者水域Lesson 111. guilty: a.犯罪的,违法的Page 30Not guilty ? have a guilty conscience 负罪感 ? be found guilty 有罪?be guilty of…有…..罪He is not guilty of robbery.他没有犯抢劫罪? be guilty about/for/at…有负罪感,内疚 ? I felt guilty about visiting her so rarely.很少去看望她我感到很内疚 ? be innocent of…无罪的 ? He was pronounced innocent of the charge.他被宣布无罪 ? be regretful for…对….感到后悔 遗憾 ? They were in a way regretful (主语是人) for their regrettable (指事务 . 事件 ) performance.? 主动:心胸宽广 他们对他们遗憾的表演有点遗憾2. tolerant: a. (active) tolerable: a. (passive)被动:能够被容忍? Of all the girls she was the most tolerant. ? be tolerant of…对…容忍,包容 ? We should be tolerant of the views of others, even if we disagree with them. ? The heat was not tolerable at night.晚上太热了受不了 ? tolerance: n. intolerant 不宽容2. 宣布(公开宣布正式的文件,法律条文等)? tolerate v. =bear=stand=put up with 3. declare: vt. 1.报关 申报 ? You must declare all you have earned in the last year. ? He was brave enough to declare his position at the meeting. ? declare war on…对---宣战?declare against…/declare for 公开反对/支持? declare off…/ call off/cancel 取消 ? (announce, declare, publish, broadcast) ? announce:宣告,宣布(一定范围),通过媒体等 declare:正式,庄严,法律条文等 ? publish:文字公布 broadcast:广播公布有经验的,铁石心肠的,顽固不化的4. hardened: a. /experienced ? harden :v.使…坚固.变硬? a hardened traveler/ a hardened criminal ? criminal 逍遥的罪犯 prisoner 被关押的罪犯 5. professional: a. profession : n.----职业的有经验的旅行者 / 惯犯? (professional, occupational, vocational, career) ? Professional 进过专门培训的专业人员 ? Occupational 短时间内从事的职业,与职业有关的? ?Vocational 与职业有关的培训,岗前培训Career 终身为之从事的职业Page 31 ?a professional musician 专业音乐家 /occupational disease 职业病? vocational training 职业培训,岗前培训 /career diplomat 职业外交家 6. officious: a. 爱管闲事的 ? officious, official, officer 爱管闲事的 ? an official inquiry 官方调查 7. confidently:自信的 have confidence in…=be confident of 8. dreadful:可怕的,一团糟 (dreadful,做什么事情导致的后果 对…有信心 官方的/文职官员 武官,有军衔的? an officious police officer.一个爱管闲事的警官horrible,事情本事就可怕terrible)违法的,对人体有害的? What dreadful weather we are having!多糟糕的天气 9. pounce: vi. 抓住,猛抓 抓住….不放,对….大做文章 ? The police were ready to pounce upon the thieves. ? She pounced on my slip of tongue.口误 ? pounce on/upon… 10. exempt: a.被免除的 ? School property is exempt from all taxes.学校的财产可以免税 ? be exempt from…免除,豁免 11. perfume: n. /vt. 香水/散发香味 ? wear perfume 洒香水.用…香水 ? Flowers perfumed the air.空气中散发着花的清香 12. duty: n. 税----海关关税;义务,责任(社会公德,道德赋予的义务)?on/off duty 值班/不值班do one‘s duty 尽某人的义务 out of duty 不尽义务? duty, responsibility 责任,社会分工?be responsible for…/take responsibility of…对….负责13. on the other hand: 另一方面 ? Father and mother wan the children, on the other hand, wanted to stay home and play with their friends. ? On the one hand…, on the other hand…一方面….另一方面…. ? On the one hand you have kept ac on the other hand, you don‘t love him. What really is your attitude to him? ? for one thing,… and for another,… ? I can‘t go―for one thing I have no money, and for another, I am tied up. 14. When I returned from abroad recently, a particularly officious young Customs Officer…? 系列形容词修饰名词的排序:冠词或指示代词或不定代词+序数词+性质状态a.+大小或长短或Page 32 形状a.+新旧或颜色a.+国籍+材料+名词the first beautiful little white Chinese stone bridge中国第一座漂亮的白色的小石桥15. look sb. in the eye: look sb. in the face/stare sb. in the eye/look at sb. directly看着某人? No one dared look him in the eye.没人敢看着他 16. Would you mind doing…后接动名词-----您介意做什么吗?----非常礼貌用语?Would you mind if…后接从句? Would you mind my smoking here? ? Would you mind if I smoke here?? 回答是反的----切记? Will/would you be so kind as to do sth. ? Will/would you be kind enough to do sth. ? Will/would you kindly do sth. ? Will/would you please do sth.?Will you please look over my essay?请您检查一下我的文章17. look through…检查 ? I always start my day by looking through my e-mail.? ? 我每天做的第一件事情就是检查我的电子信箱look over…/go over sth./look sth. through 检查? Let‘s just go over everything and find out where the trouble was. ? Always look your work through before handing it in. 18. be in a mess: in disorder 一片狼藉,乱成一团 ? After he had finished packing the furniture, the whole room was in a mess.?I‘m in such an awful mess.1.我很狼狈 2.心如乱麻19. light up: suddenly look pleased and happy 1.满面春风,得意洋洋 2.放火 ? His face lit up when he heard the good news.?cheer up: become happier and more cheerful 在高兴的基础上再高兴一点 Flowers always cheer a room up.鲜花使得这个房间充满生气 cheer 干杯----非正式用语 toast干杯----正式用语? He cheered up at the thought of seeing her again.? ? ? ?roast烤raise one‘s spirits:使….某人振奋 Have a cup of coffee to raise your spirits.喝杯咖啡提提神过去应该发生但没有发生的事情----含有责备的意思20. You should have declared that.情态动词的完成体?? They should have left this place. ? He ought to have arrived by this time.Page 33 ? 推测----must ? the ground is wet it must have rained last night. 21. As I expected, he didn‘t believe me. ? a) as引导的非限制性定语从句位于主句后,一般可用which代替 ? He is a foreigner, as (which) is evident from his appearance.? 他是一个外国人从他的外表就可以看出来? b) as引导的非限制性定语从句位于句首或句中,不可用which代替 ? To shut your eyes to facts, as many of you do, is foolish. ? c) 当非限制性定语从句表示主句引起的结果时, 关系代词不能用as ? The students looked up the word in the dictionary, which cleared up many questions. ? d) as 用作关系代词可代替整个句子 ? As has been said正如所说? As may well be imagined 正如假设的那样 ? As is the case 事实是 ? As is well known 众所周知 ? As is expected 正如所期望的那样? ?As is often the case, we went home before the Spring Festival.正如以往那样我们春节前回家了? e) as指代句子的一部分 ? He is unusually tall, as are his brothers. (as=and so) 22. be greeted by…充斥 ? Our ears were greeted by shouts of anger.我们的耳朵里充斥着愤怒的声音 ? I was greeted by the fragrance of the flowers when I passed the garden. ? 我经过花园时闻到了花香. ? fragrance 芬香,香味---植物 23.porridge----稀饭,粥(只有米) aroma -----食品香味爱好,喜好congee----八宝粥 go through 通过/浏览,检查24. go after 追求 go over 复习 go in for ―阻止某人做什么 26.stay up 熬夜 elite 精英25. stop sb. from doing sth/keep sb. from doing sth/prevent b. from doing sth27. import duty 进口税 duty-free shop 免税店Page 34 Lesson 12Life on a desert island1. paradise: n. (countable: uncountable: happiness)表天堂----可数 ;表幸福----不可数 ;heaven表天堂----可数 ;表幸福----不可数 ? ? ?Hawaii is called an island paradise. 可数 Being alone is his idea of paradise.不可数 She was in heaven when he kissed her. 不可数 wretched: a. very unhappy, miserable or pitiable 可怜的 the wretched survivors of the earthquake 地震中可怜的幸存者 (unlucky, unfortunate) 可怜的,不幸的 starve: vi.=go hungry饥饿2.? ?3.starvation n.? famine 饥荒starve 表示饥饿的程度远远大于hungry? What‘s for dinner? I‘m starving. ? He‘d rather starve than eat that. ? starve for …/be starved for… 对…感到如饥似渴 ? The homeless boy starved for love. ? long for :渴望 4. opportunity: n. 机会 ? opportunity for/of doing…;opportunity to do ……机会到了 ? It‘s a good opportunity to explain that to her. ? It‘s a good opportunity to make a proposal to her.是向她求婚的机会 ? take the opportunity to do…/of doing…利用…机会;抓住…做… ? Let me take this opportunity to say a few words. ? Opportunity knocks at the door only once.机不可失 ? (chance, opportunity, odds)? 可能性,可行性/只能用来表示机会/复数形式,谓语动词不能第三人称但是形式? Is there any chance/possibility of getting tickets for tonight‘s concert??The odds are in his favor./ The odds are for him. 他很走运? The odds are against him. 他很倒霉 5. form a picture of… have/give a picture of… 有种想法,有种构思 ? Most of us have formed a picture of life in America which seems paradise. ? This book gives a good picture of everyday life in Ancient China.? 这本书是对中国古时候日常生活的真是写照.6. imagine sb. / sth. to be sth. 把…想象成… ? Imagine yourself (to be) rich and famous. ? imagine sb. /sth. as sth. ? I imagined him as being more handsome. 7. opposite: a. 相反 be opposite to…与…相反Page 35 ? The result was quite opposite to what we had expected. ? His appearance长相 is opposite to what I imagined. 8. either…or…要么…要么….;或者….或者… ? Either you come in person, or entrust someone with the matter.? 要么你亲自来要么委托他人来处理这件事情? neither…nor…既不…也不…要用倒装句型 ? He is neither a student nor a teacher. ? both…and… 都是… 9. an element of sth.: small amount of sth. 有一点 ? There is an element of truth in his story. ? His story is sort of/kind of true. ? There is still an element of doubt.仍然有一点点怀疑?a sort of sth. /a kind of sth. 有点? He‘s a kind of lawyer, but I‘m not sure exactly what he does. ? I had a sort of feeling that he wouldn‘t come.?something of a sth. 一点点,有点? He is something of an expert on music. ? sort of (=slightly) +a. /kind of (=slightly) +a. ? That movie was sort of disappointing. 10. There were hardly any trees on the island…几乎不 名词后必须接any或与any有关的词? Hardly anyone likes him, because he‘s so rude. ? You‘ve hardly eaten anything.?hardly ever: /almost never 几乎不 动词? I hardly ever went out during SARS period. 11. They caught lobster and fish every day, and as one of them put it Date like kings‖. put: 叙述,阐述,书写 ? He couldn‘t put his feeling into words.?eat like kings: ( antonym: eat like a bird) 吃的很丰盛/吃的很少 eat a horse :吃的很多? Mrs. Smith is on a diet, and she eats like a bird. 12. sometimes :有时,经常 /some time 一段时间 /sometime 将来的某一个时刻 13. a sort of / sort of好像,有点像/一点点,某种 后接名词 后接形容词a kind of /. kind of =a little, a bit 14. simple-mind 头脑简单 15. have to … 别人强加的… ; must 自己去physically strong 四肢发达16.cost :花费钱,主语是东西,物Page 36 spend :花费时间,主语是人 take: 花费时间.主语是IT 17.wish 愿望---后接的从句用虚拟语气或名词,表示很难实现的愿望 18. load sth. with sth 把…装载 19.match The match girl 卖火柴的小女孩 20.later 以后 latter 后者 prove 证明 21.improve 改善,提高.改良 unload 卸载…. n.火柴 /比赛 vt.与…相匹配 hope 希望22. virgin = maiden 少女,处女 23. can = tin 罐头 turn out 生产 24. We should turn pressure into motivation.变压力为动力.25.small/minute/tiny/slight 小 第二小 微小26.down 顺流向下 up 向上 along 沿河Translation1. 他得知工作丢了,感到很沮丧.He felt to his dismay that he had lost his job.2. 屋子里充满阳光.Sunshine flooded the room. /The room was flooded with sunshine.3. 他胃口极大.(appetite)His appetite is gigantic.4. 那条船顺河漂行. That boat floated down the river. 5. 他的环球航行花了两年时间.His navigation of the globe took two years.6. 两堂课时间相冲突.There is a clash between two classes.7. 我们侥幸避免了一场灾祸.We only just narrowly missed having an accident.8. 汤姆差一点儿没及格.Tom passed the examination by a narrow margin.9. 他义无反顾地离家出走. He left home without a slightest regret. 10. 她放弃了一切希望. She abandoned all the hope. 11. 我把他说的话当作是恭维.I regarded what he said as a compliment.12. 他们动身去了巴黎. They set out/off for Paris. 13. 这个秘密直到那位老人去世后才透露出来.This secret was never told until after the old man‘s death.14.众所周知,中国是个央央的文明古国,有着五千年的悠久历史.Page 37 As is well-known, china is a large civilized ancient country with a history of 5000 years.15. 他可以免试,使得大家都羡慕不已.He is exempt from examination, which makes us admire very much.16. 决定租房前我们必须仔细看看房子.We must look over the house before we decided to rent it.17. 行行好,把书放回原处好吗?Would you kindly put the book back?18. 你如果看到你的新车,真的会喜气洋洋.You will really light up when you see your new car.19. 我醒来时耳际鸟语声声. I woke up and was greeted by birds‘ song. 20. 她要是听她父母的话就好了. If only she had listened to her parents. 21. 最近他的行为有点怪怪的. He‘s been acting sort of strange lately. 22. 我曾把你想象成是个大高个. I once had imagined you as big tall man. 23. 他不应受到批评,我也不应受到批评. Neither is he to criticize nor am I.Lesson 13 DIt‘s only me‖1. costume: n. (for specific class of people in specific region or at specific time)服装 指特定阶层的人们在特定的场合、特定的时间所穿的衣服national costume/skiing costume ? Chinese costume/a costume play dress/suit/uniform/overall/clothes民族服装 / 滑雪服中式服装/ 古装戏dress 礼服、晚礼服 suit 套装 uniform 制服 overall 工作服 clothes 衣服的总称 2. consist: v. 由…组成?dress up 刻意打扮consist of…(no passive voice) 无被动语态 The flat consists of two rooms, a kitchen and a bath room. 这个公寓两室一厨一卫? comprise sth./be comprised of…/be made of 由…构成 组成 包含 囊括 ? These two books comprised all of his published poetry. ? America is comprised of 50 states. ? constitute sth./be constituted of…由…构成 强调机构、数量 ? Seven days constitute a week./A week is constituted of 7 days. ? be composed of…由…构成,强调化学结构 ? Water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen. 是由氢和氧构成的 3. sheet: n.床单Page 38 ? a sheet of paper =a piece of paper 一张纸 This pack is constituted of 200 sheets of paper.这包纸有200页 a slice of breaker 一片面包 4. effective: a. effect n. affect vt. 有明显效果的,有作用的(人、物) ? an effective leader 得力的领导 ? take effective measures 采取有效的措施 ? I‘d like to take effective measures to solve the problem. ? have an effect on (upon) 对。 。 。有影响 ? effectual: a. (can not be used to modify a person) 不能形容人 ? take effectual steps/take measures to/take steps to 采取有力措施?efficient: a. 有效的,高效的an efficient system/secretaryComfort oneself 节哀顺变5.comfortable/pleasant 舒适的/让人感到舒服的Comfort n.使…舒服,安慰、安抚某人? Sit down and make yourself comfortable.(at home) ? What a pleasant/agreeable/lovely day! 6. ? ? 7. storeroom/warehouse/stockroom 储藏室,仓库 This book is out of stock. 这本

我要回帖

更多关于 java 几天前 的文章

随机推荐