下载次数:58次
资料类型:期中/期末
文档大小:311KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
第Ⅰ卷(共115分)
听力(共两节,满分30分)
第—节 听下面五段对话。每段对话后有一个小题。从题中所给A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你将有10秒钟来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. How many times has the son got an A in English?
C. Several times.
2. How much does one shirt cost the woman?
3. How does the woman feel?
A. Worried.
B. Confident.
4. What do we learn from the conversation?
A. The woman is too busy to join the man for dinner.
B. The man is inviting the woman to dinner.
C. The man is going to visit the Smiths.
5. Which of the following is true?
A. The man didn’t like any ice cream.
B. The man wanted chocolate ice cream.
C. The man wants to drink water now.
听下面五段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题。从题中所给A、B、c三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置:听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,每小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间,每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料。回答第6至7题。
6. Where does the conversation take place?
A. In a bank.
B. In the post office.
C. At the police station.
7. What does the man want to do?
A. To get some change.
B. To cash a check.
C. To borrow some money.
听第7段材料,回答第8至9题。
8. What kind of dress does the lady get?
A. A cotton dress Size 9.
B. A special dress Size 8.
C. A silk dress Size 7.
9. How much is the change?
听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。
10. Why didn’t Mike take an examination yesterday?
A. Because he didn’t want to do so.B. Because he got sick.
C. Because he got the examination date wrong.
11. What did the professor permit Mike to do?
A. Have all examinations at home.
B. Have an exam sometime later when he got better.
C. Have an exam next term.
12. Why didn’t Mike drive his car?
A. Because the doctor told him not to.
B. Because he liked taking a walk.
C. Because he didn’t think he was able to.
听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。
13. How many rules does the woman mention?
14. What should the man do before he goes out?
A. Close the window.
B. Keep the cat downstairs.
C. Put the kettle on the floor.
15. Why doesn’t the woman allow the man to stick pictures up on the walls with sticky tapes?
A. She doesn’t like pictures at all.
B. She wants to keep the wallpaper clean.
C. She has already put up some pictures on the walls.
16. What does the man think of the room?
A. Too small.
B. Uncomfortable.
C. Satisfactory.
听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。
17. What did the story tell us about the old woman?
A. She said she was wrongly accused of stealing.
B. She caught someone in the act of stealing.
C. She admitted having stolen something.
18. What was said to have been stolen?
A. A book.
C. A Christmas card.
19. What happened to Ms. White after she was taken back to the store?
A. She was questioned by the police.
B. She was shut in a small room for twenty minutes.
C. She was insulted(侮辱) by the shoppers around her.
20. What was now the attitude of the department store in this legal case?
A. They refused to apologize for having followed her through the town.
B. They regretted having wrongly accused her of stealing.
C. They still suspected that she was a thief.
第二部分英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节:单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
21. Mary got _______third degree burn ,____ burn that was incurable.
22. —— Shall I give you a ride to the airport ?
—— Thank you. _______________.
A. If you like
B. It couldn’t be better
C.Of course, you can
D. It’s up to you
23.______ confidence resulted in his failure in the interview.
A. Lack of
B. Lack for
C. Lacking of
D. Being lacked
24. American women were _____ the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard struggle.
A. ignored
B. refused
C. neglected
25.The man _______ of organizing several men to set off homemade bombs in the subway was brought to justice (正义).
A.be accused
B. accusing
C. accused
D.who accused
26.If you ____ faults but you still want the bicycle, ask the shop assistant to reduce the price.
A. come across
B. care about
C. look for
D. concentrate on
27. It was a long time before the cut on my hand __________ completely.
B. improved
D. recovered
28. The flowers his friend gave him will die unless __________ every day.
A. to water
B. watering
D. watered
29. Eating too much fat and sugar can____heart disease and high blood pressure.
A.result from
B.attend to
C.devote to
D.contribute to
30. So difficult __________ it to work out the problem that I decided to ask Tom for advice.
A. I did find
B. did I find
C.I have found
D. have I find
31. We brought the house for its _________. It is very near the shop where I work.
A. character
C. convenience
D. construction
32. Please remind me _______ he said he was going. I may be in time to see him off.
33.-When will the expert come and give the lecture on economic development
-Not until our program ____by the government
A. approves
B. is to approve
C. will be approved
D.has been approved
34. __________ at home reading all day, the boy felt very lonely and wished to go out to play
with his friend.
A. Leaving
D. To leave
35.I knew he failed in the entrance examination the moment I __ him crying alone in his room.
A.in sight of
B.caught sight of
C.at the sight of
D.lost sight of
第二节:完形填空。(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
It was Christmas 1961. I was teaching in a small town where my twenty-seven third graders eagerly
the great day of gift-giving in advance.
Each day the children produced some new
— strings of popcorn, handmade trinkets (小装饰品), and German bell. Through it all she remained alone,
from a distance, seemingly miles away. I wondered what
happen to this quiet child, once so happy, now suddenly so uncommunicative. I hoped the festivities would
her. But nothing did. The students made the fried marbles(油炸玻璃弹子)and competed with one anther to bring the
The day of gift-giving finally came. We cheered over our handwork as the presents were
. All along, she sat quietly watching. To see her smile, I had made a special bag for her. She opened it so slowly and carefully. I waited but she
. I had not passed through the wall of isolation(孤立)she had
around herself.
After school I sat down in a chair, hardly
of what was happening, when she came to me with outstretched(伸展的) hands, bearing a small white box, and a little soiled,
it had been held many times by
, childish hands. She said nothing. “For me?” I asked. She said not a word, but
her head. I took the box and cautiously opened it. There inside, brightly green, a fried marble
from a golden chain. Then I looked into that eight-year-old
and saw the question in her dark brown eyes. In a flash I knew — she had
it for her mother, who had died just three weeks before and would never hold her or brush her hair or
her childish joys or sorrows.
I meant it when I whispered, “Oh, Maria, it is so beautiful. Your mother would
it.” Neither of us could stop the
. She threw herself into my arms and we wept together. And for that brief moment I became her mother, for she had given me the greatest
of all: her trust and love.
36. A. expected
B. desired
C. prepared
37. A. fancies
B. impressions
C. belongings
D. wonders
38. A. looking
B. playing
C. searching
D. watching
39. A. should
40. A. cure
B. attract
41. A. heaviest
C. prettiest
D. fittest
42. A. exchanged
B. informed
C. transformed
D. deserted
43. A. gave away
B. turned away C. carried away D. threw away
44. A. filled
B. adjusted
C. offered
45. A. aware
C. approve
46. A. when
B. as though
D. even if
47. A. untouched
B. unknown
C. unwashed
D. unpacked
48. A. nodded
C. dropped
49. A. protected
B. escaped
50. A. face
D. forehead
51. A. bought
C. exchanged
52. A. admire
D. communicate
53. A. love
B. benefit
C. dislike
54. A. laugh
B. excitement
D. description
55. A. joy
B. identity
C. contribution D. gift
第三部分阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
James Cleveland Owens was the son of a farmer and the grandson of black slaves. His family moved to Cleveland when he was 9. There, a school teacher asked the boy his name.
“J. C.,” he replied.
She thought he had said “Jesse”, and he had a new name.
Owens ran his first race at the age of 13. After high school, he went to Ohio State University. He had to work part-time in order to pay for his education. As a second-year student, in the Big Ten games in 1935, he set even more records than he would in the Olympic Games a year later.
A week before the Big Ten meet, Owens accidentally fell down a flight of stairs. His back
hurt so much that he could not exercise all week, and he had to be helped in and out of the car that drove him to the meet. He refused to listen to the suggestion that he give up and said he would try, event by event. He did try, and the results are in the record book.
The stage was set for Owens’ victories at the Olympic Games in Berlin the next year, and his success would come to be regarded as not only athletic but also political. Hitler did not congratulate any of the African-American winners.
“It was all right with me,” he said years later. “I didn’t go to Berlin to shake hands with him, anyway.”
Having returned from Berlin, he received no telephone calls from the president of his own
country, either. In fact, he was not honored by the United States until 1976, four years before his death.
Owens’ Olympic victories made little difference to him. He earned his living by looking after a school playground, and accepted money to race against cars, trucks, motorcycles and dogs.
“Sure, it bothered me,” he said later. “But at least it was an honest living. I had to eat.”
In time, however, his gold medals changed his life. “They have kept me alive over the years,” he once said. “Time has stood still for me. That golden moment dies hard.”
56. Owens got his other name “Jesse” when ____________.
A. he went to Ohio state University
B. his teacher made fun of him
C. his teacher took “J. C.” for “Jesse”
D. he won gold medals in the Big Ten meet
57. In the Big Ten meet in 1935, Owens _____________.
A. hurt his back
B. succeeded in setting many records
C. tried every sports event but failed
D. had to give up some events
58. It can be inferred from the passage that Owens was treated unfairly because _________.
A. he was not of the right race
B. he was the son of a poor farmer
C. he didn’t shake hands with Hitler
D. he didn’t talk to the US president on the phone
59. When Owens said, “They have kept me alive over the years”, he meant that the medals___.
A. had been sold and the money helped him live
B. had made him become famous in the US
C. had encouraged him to overcome difficulties in life
D. had kept him busy with all kinds of jobs
60. What is the best title of the passage?
A. Jesse Owens, a great American athlete.
B. Golden moment – a life-time struggle.
C. Making a living as a sportsman.
D. How to be a successful athlete.
The booking notes of the play “the Age of Innocence”:
Price: $10
There are four easy ways to book seats for performance:
------ in person
The Box Office is open Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m.---8 p.m.
------ by telephone
to book your tickets or to pay by credit card(Visa, MasterCard and Amex accepted)
------ by post
Simply complete the booking form and return it to Global Theatre Box Office.
------ on line
Complete the on-line booking form at www.Satanfiedtheatre.com
DISCOUNTS:
Saver: $2 off any seat booked any time in advance for performances from Monday to Thursday. Savers are available(可用的) for children up to 16 years old, over 60s and full-time students.
Supersaver:half-price seats are available for people with disabilities and one companion.It is advisable to book in advance.There is a maximum (最大量的)of eight wheelchair spaces available
and one wheelchair space will be held until an hour before the show.
Standby: best available seats are on sale for $6 from one hour before the performance for people suitable for Saver and Supersaver discounts and thirty minutes before for all other customers.
Group Bookings:
there is a ten percent discount for parties of twelve or more.
School: school parties often or more can book $6 standby tickets in advance and will get every tenth ticket free.
Please note:
we are unable to exchange tickets or refund(偿还)money unless a performance is cancelled (取消) due to unforeseen situations.
61.If you want to book a ticket, you CANNOT
_________.
Ause the Internet
B. go to the Box Office on Sundays
C. complete a booking form and post it to the Box Office
D. ring the booking number and pay for the tickets by credit card
62.According to the notes, who can get $2 off?
AA full-time college student.
B.The people who book the tickets on Fridays.
CA woman who is 55 years old.
D.A teenager who is 18 years old.
63If you make a group booking for a group of 14 adults, how much should you pay?
64Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. There are only 8 wheelchair spaces in the theatre.
BA group of 12 persons can get 10 per cent discount.
CA school party of 15 students should pay 90 for the standby tickets.
DThe audience can’t refund money if the performance is on show.
65What kind of tickets are the cheapest?
A. The standby tickets.B. The tickets for group booking. C. The tickets for Saver discount.D. The standby tickets for school parties of ten or more.
The iPhone, the iPad: each of Apple’s products sounds cool and has become a fad(一时的风尚). Apple has cleverly taken advantage of the power of the letter “i” – and many other brands are following suit. The BBC’s iPlayer – which allows Web users to watch TV programs on the Internet –-used the title in 2008. A lovely bear – popular in the US and UK – that plays music and video is called “iTeddy”. A slimmed-down version of London’s Independent newspaper was started last week under the name “i”.
In general, single-letter prefixes(前缀) have been popular since the 1990s, when terms such as e-mail and e-commerce first came into use.
Most “i” products are targeted at (针对)young people and considering the major readers of Independent’s “i”, it’s no surprise that they’ve selected this fashionable name.
But it’s hard to see what’s so special about the letter “i”. Why not use “a”, “b”, or “c” instead? According to Tony Thorne, head of the Language Center at King’s College, London, “i” works because its meaning has become ambiguous. When Apple uses “i”, no one knows whether it means Internet, information, individual or interactive, Thorne told BBC Magazines. “Even when Apple created the iPod, it seems it didn’t have one clear definition(定义),” he says.
“However, thanks to Apple, the term is now connected with portability (轻便) .”adds Thorne.
Clearly the letter “i” also agrees with the idea that the Western World is centered on the individual. Each person believes they have their own needs, and we love personalized products for this reason.
Along with “Google” and “blog”, readers of BBC Magazines voted “i” as one of the top 20 words that have come to define the last decade(十年).
But as history shows, people grow tired of fads. From the 1900s to 1990s, products with “2000” in their names became fashionable as the year was connected with all things advanced and modern. However, as we entered the new century, the fashion disappeared.
66. People use iPlayer to __________.
A. listen to music
B. make a call
C. watch TV programs online
D. read newspapers
67. We can infer that the Independent’s “i” is designed for _________.
A. young readers
B. old readers
C. fashionable women
D. engineers
68. The underlined word “ambiguous” means “__________”.
A. popular
B. uncertain
69. Nowadays, the “i” term often reminds people of the products which are __________.
A. portable
B. environmentally friendly
C. advanced
D. recyclable
70. The writer suggests that __________.
A. “i” products are often of high quality
B. iTeddy is alive bear
C. the letter “b” replaces letter “i” to name the products
D. the popularity of “i” products may not last long
How often do you sit still and do absolutely nothing? The usual answer these days is " never", or "hardly ever".As the pace of life continues to increase, we are fast losing the art of relaxation.Once you are in the habit of rushing through life, being on the go from morning till night, it is hard to slow down.But relaxation is essential for a healthy mind and body.
Stress is a natural part of everyday life.There is no way to avoid it, since it takes many and varied forms——driving in traffic, problems with personal relationships are all different forms of stress. Stress, in fact, is not the "baddy" it is often reputed to be. A certain amount of stress is vital to provide motivation and give purpose to life.It is only when the stress gets out of control that it can lead to poor performance and ill health.
The amount of stress a person can withstand depends very much on the individual.Some people are not afraid of stress, and such characters are clearly super material for managerial (管理上的)responsibilities.Others lose heart at the first signs of unusual difficulties.When exposed to stress, in whatever form, we react both chemically and physically.In fact we make a choice between "fight" or "fright" and in more primitive(原始的)days the choice made the difference between life and death.The crises(危机) we meet today are unlikely to be so extreme, but however little the stress, it involves(涉及到) the same response.All the energy is turned to dealing with the stress.It is when such a reaction lasts long, through continued exposure to stress, that health becomes endangered.Such serious conditions as high blood pressure and heart disease have built links with stress.
Stress in some people produces stomach disorders, while others give in to tension headaches easily.Since we cannot get rid of stress in our lives, We need to find ways to deal with it.
71.People are finding less and less time for relaxing themselves because _______.
A. they are working harder than they used to be
B. they are often too busy to find the time
C. they are not clear of how to relax by themselves
D. they are suffering from the effects of stress
72.What is implied but not stated in the passage ?
A.How much stress one can bear depends greatly on whether he knows the art of relaxation.
BPeople in primitive days survived from stress because they found certain ways to deal with it.
C.If one gets into the habit of relaxing every day he can overcome stress easily.
DStress can lead to serious health problem if one is exposed to it far too long.
73The underlined sentence in paragraph 2 suggests that_______.
AStress is not always a bad thing for people
B.Stress has a bad reputation of causing ill health
C.Stress is not so terrible as people often believe it to be
D.Stress is always harmful to people all the time
74.According to this passage, which is TRUE?
A.Relaxation in life only benefits us mentally.
BDifferent people can stand different amounts of stress.
CAll the stress can lead to poor performance.
DLarge amounts of stress is important to people's life.
75What is the writer' s attitude to stress according to the passage?
A.Stress as well as relaxation is essential for a healthy mind and body.
BStress should not be eliminated(消除) completely from the life.
CStress produces both positive and negative effects on people.
DPeople usually work better under stress if they are healthy.
第Ⅱ 卷 (非选择题,共35分)
第四部分写作 (共两节;满分35分)
第一节 阅读表达 (共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
阅读下面的短文并回答问题,然后将答案写到答题卡相应的位置上(请注意问题后的词数要求)。
[1] Electronic devices(装置)are changing the way people listen to music. But studies show the devices may be causing hearing loss in many people. Some experts say people may be playing them too loud and for too long. And experts say sound levels on these devices need to be set lower.
[2] Researchers did a study with three hundred high school students and one thousand adults. They were asked about their use of portable music devices. Forty percent of the students and adults said they set the sound levels high on their players. But students were twice more likely to play the music at a very loud volume. More than half of the students said they would not probably limit listening time.
[3] The study found that more than half of the students and less than forty percent of the adults had at least one kind of hearing loss. Some reported difficulty hearing parts of a discussion between two people. Others said they had to raise the volume on a television or radio to hear it better. And, some experienced ringing in their ears or other noises.
[4] Hearing experts say part of the problem is the listening equipment people are using. They say larger earphones that cover the whole ear are probably safer than smaller earphones that come with most music players. Hearing loss may not be clear for years, however, once it happens, there is little chance of curing. About thirty million Americans have some hearing loss. One third of them lost their hearing as a result of loud noises.
[5] The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association is working with companies and government officials on setting rules for the use of portable music devices. The group says the best way to protect your hearing is to ____________ , limit listening time and use earphones that block out outside noises.
76. What is the best title of the passage? (no more than 10 words)
第二节 单词拼写 (注意单词的正确形式)
(共10小题;每小题0.5, 满分5分)
81. The busy mother feels really _______(内疚的) at forgetting her daughter's birthday again.
82. You shouldn’t work under great p___________ all the time. Try to relax yourself.
83. His legs were seriously hurt and were__________(肿胀的) up. He could only stay in bed.
84. Some unskilled employees have been __________(挤出) out of the job market by the advanced technology.
85. Miss Wang did a _________ (彻底的)investigation of who broke the classroom windows.
86. In some countries you must make an a_____________ before going to a doctor.
87. In modern society, many people are easily cheated by the ads because of their desire to make an i_______ success and earn money quickly.
88. The bad weather put us in a d___________——shall we move on or go back?
89. Some smoking and alcoholic drinks are an
______ (获得的) taste and are not in born.
90. E__________ to the sun for a long time, your skin will be damaged.
第三节 书面表达(满分20分)
实现有效的沟通,建立良好的人际关系,不仅要善于言表、更要学会倾听。
为何倾听 表示尊重,增进理解,建立良好的人际关系
谁来倾听 家长倾听孩子 理解孩子,消除代沟,……
老师倾听学生 了解学生,满足需求,……
同学相互倾听 增进友谊,互帮互学,……
怎样倾听 (请考生联系自己拟定内容,列举两至三点。)
1. 对所给要点,逐一陈述,适当发挥,不要简单翻译。
2. 词数120左右。开头和结尾已经写好,不计入总词数。
3. 演讲稿中不得提及考生所在学校及本人姓名。
Good afternoon, everyone!
The topic of my speech today is “Being a Good Listener”.
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 2012八下期中考试 的文章

随机推荐