Not a member yet?
You will be able to:
o&Post Blog articles
o&Ask questions in our Answers section
o&Comment on our news and articles
o&Upload your resume and apply for jobs
o&Post your Classifieds ads
*Your E-mail:
(Please enter a valid email address to ensure you receive the activation email)
*Username:
(3 - 16 characters, punctuation is not allowed except for periods, hyphens, and underscores.)
*Password:
(5 to 20 characters)
*Please re-enter password:
*Please select your nationality:
Please SelectAlgeriaArgentinaAustraliaAustriaBelgiumBrazilCambodiaCanadaChileChinaCubaCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkEgyptEstoniaFinlandFranceGermanyGreeceHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandItalyJapanLuxembourgMalaysiaNetherlandsNew ZealandNigeriaNorth KoreaNorwayPakistanPakistanPhilippinesPolandPortugalRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSouth KoreaSpainSwedenSwitzerlandThailandTurkeyUkraineUnited KingdomUnited StatesVietnamOther
*Current Location:
Please Select
Afghanistan
Antarctica
Azerbaijan
Bangladesh
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Guadeloupe
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Madagascar
Mauritania
Montenegro
Netherlands
New Zealand
North Korea
Palestinian Territory
Philippines
Puerto Rico
San Marino
Saudi Arabia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Slovak Republic
South Africa
South Korea
Switzerland
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
United Kingdom
United States
Uzbekistan
*Job Sought:
Please Select Job Category
English teaching/Other teaching
Marketing/Advertising/PR
Media/Writing/Editing
Sales/Biz development
IT/Software/Internet
Finance/Accounting/Banking
Hotels/Tourism
Office Mgnt./HR
Acting/Model/Voice
*Security Code:
Please Select
Fuzhou(Jiangxi)
Jingdezhen
Lianyungang
Liupanshui
Mudanjiang
Pingdingshan
Qinhuangdao
Shijiazhuang
Zhangjiajie
other cities
I agree with eChinacities'
I would like to subscribe to eChinacities' weekly .
Have an account?
Share your blog with others and earn
Disclaimer:This article is translated, edited or re-posted from a third-party source. As such, this article only represents the original author's personal viewpoint and not that .
Top 10 Cities in China with Beauties
Apr 10, 2011
More sharing
Editor's Choice:
Beauty has a way of leaving its beholders with the feeling they have just lost control of themselves. There is also a kind of beauty that makes a name for itself- this is not your ordinary beauty. A beautiful woman can cause a man to do irrational and otherwise unimaginable things and in a group, men can even feel stressed just by the presence of such beauty.
NO. 1 Dalian 大连 Beauty Index: 95
Dalian Beauty is bold, unrestrained, smooth, and courteous. Dongbei (North-East China) is known for its women with fair complexions and tall slender figures and Dalian girls possess all the features of Dongbei girls and more than that. Dalian girls posses that undefinable something- a mix between sheer elegance and sheer biological attractiveness. The lovely face before you belongs to Dong Jie and represents the classic Dalian look.
NO.2 Chongqing 重庆 Beauty Index: 94
Chongqing beauty is full of unmatched enthusiasm and passion. These lovely specimens grew up in the mountainous regions of Sichuan province. All that climbing around has done wonders for both the length of their legs and their sex appeal. Chongqing maidens are known for bright eyes, big smiles, candor, charm, individuality, and passion. Many of today's stars call Chongqing home including Jiang Qinqin, Yu Na, and Chen Lin.
NO. 3 Chengdu 成都 Beauty Index: 93
Chengdu Beauty will have you rubbing your eyes in disbelief. Only in the plains of Chengdu will a man find the seat of gentle and soft beauty that has made Chengdu famous. Naturally sheltered from wind and rain, Chengdu has produced women with skin as fair as it is unblemished, fine and smooth. It is said that Chengdu is a place where make-up has no effect but to muddle what nature has given freely. Because of their natural endowments girls from Chengdu have been known, just like a pussycat, to be rather vapid and indifferent to the affections of would-be suitors. This is not something we can blame them for, can we? Chengdu's only shortcoming is that the women from here generally do not grow to be very tall. However, we can simply appreciate their small stature as characteristic of the otherwise immaculate Chengdu beauty. Pictured is Chengdu beauty Xie Na.
NO.4 Hangzhou 杭州 Beauty Index: 92
Hangzhou beauty is of humble origin. Hangzhou is the city in China with the most feminine character. This is a city made for longing glances, walks by the riverside and steamy romance.& Han Xue is one such famous face from Hangzhou.
NO.5 Changsha 长沙 Beauty Index: 91
Changshan beauty is the beauty of fusion. Here we have the elegant stature of the North combined with the soft facial features of the South. Celebrated figures Qu Ying and Li Xiang are two Changsha beauties par excellence.
NO.6 Nanjing 南京 Beauty Index: 90
Nanjing beauty is known for a refined almost artistic quality. Nanjing beauties have been famous in China since ancient times when Nanjing was the capital of the whole nation. Nowadays Nanjing, is know for producing delicious plums as well as delicate beauties. Women in this town dress and speak with simple elegance. This no-frills attitude has earned Nanjing a reputation for honest, sincere, permanent beauty.
NO.7 Shanghai上海 Beauty Index: 89
Shanghai beauty is on the cutting-edge of fashion and trends. Shanghai women consider themselves to be women amongst girls. Their fascination with the latest fashions, perfumes, make-up tells of their great pre-occupation with themselves. Due to Shanghai's avant-garde way of expression there is no clear, definite way to categorize the city's women. Actress Sun Li represents this kind of unique allure. One glance is all it takes to transcend the hustle and bustle of China's most populated city and enter a place of quiet elegance where custom is superseded by virtuosity.
NO.8 Beijing 北京 Beauty Index: 88
Beijing beauty is noble and aristocratic. Women in Beijing grow up fast in China's capital and display maturity, experience and culture. Beijing native Xu Jinglei started her career acting before moving and becoming a famous director. Not only does she have the looks to be in front of the camera but also possesses the intelligence to control production from behind the scenes. Chinese know her as a beauty but also have respect for her intelligence and aristocratic disposition.
NO.9 Hong Kong 香港 Beauty Index: 87
Hong Kong beauty has been the ambassador of China for centuries. The various trends and fads to come out of Hong Kong in the past century might even count as the most influential in all of Asia.& The natural beauty of Hong Kong women is hardly the most outstanding yet they are far from the bottom. Li Jiaxin and Zhang Maiyu are the two leading representatives for Hong Kong to the rest of the world.& Even the slightest gesture from Li Jiaxin reveals extraordinary charm and
enchantment. Zhang Maiyu is a modern example of elegance and self-confidence. These two made names for thems yet even in maturity they inspire shock and awe.
NO.10 Guangzhou 广州 Beauty Index: 86
Guangzhou beauty is hard on the outside while soft on the inside. It was once said, &There are no beautiful women in Guangzhou&. This is obviously an exageration but finding a woman to take your breath away is surely easier in Beijing or Dalian.&Guangzhou native Chen Huishan is an obvious exception from the aforementioned rule though. And don't forget the Chaozhou born beauty He Meidian. Though difficult to find, we see that Guangzhou is not wholly absent of beauty!
Related links
Warning: The use of any news and articles published
without written permission
constitutes copyright infringement, and
legal action can be taken.
Share this Article:&&
China is currently struggling to compete with Southeast Asian countries in the global labor market. To solve this, the government plans to reduce pension rates for Chinese workers in order to make the nation’s manufacturing sector more competitive.
Six of China’s airports were recently listed as having the best connectivity in the world. This means that it is relatively easy in China to transfer domestically or internationally in one of China’s major airports.
It looks like the new law requiring real-name registration for cell phone plans is real after all! China’s major carriers recently announced that all plans will now require the user to sign up using real-name registration.
A woman in Chengdu was tricked by a matchmaking company into purchasing an expensive membership. However, when she read the fine print, she realized those profiles were most likely fake and did not represent actual men the company had available for her.
This article summarizes a few recent reports on Chinese outbound tourism. Chinese tourists are also changing their traveling and spending habits as more education youth travel abroad, and the negative image that many have of Chinese tourists is improving.
comment|14219|0
&All that climbing around has done wonders for both the length of their (Chongqing maidens) legs and their sex appeal.&
C'mon, gimme a break!
All that climbing around?!?
What the heck is a city girl doing climbing around?!!
comment|14242|0
Social climbing, maybe?
comment|15695|0
@orientexpressguy:hmmm you can say that again
comment|14234|0
i live in Changsha and can say have beauties here , Hunan is known for hot and spicey food hahaha just like there girls Hot and spicey , too hot to handle.
comment|14444|0
may be for u they are too hot to handle,
Changsha girls so simple,?ha ha,
comment|14235|0
I am afraid you missed the best and number 1 for western teaste in . NanNing City in Guangxi has the most and best of China for me, my time in China has always brought me to the wonderful faces and kindness of the the city. I will never know how you could miss the
Beautful ladies of NanNing.
comment|14238|0
I prefer the beauties of Beijing.. I have the most beautiful lady there
comment|14241|0
I agree. 5 stars for this article.
comment|14244|0
As a photographer I have been blessed with bountiful beauties from all over China. As a husband and lover I settled for one from Banpo!
In Xi'an... the matriarchal village north of Xi'an?!
comment|14249|0
Eh, tired of the debate now actually. Notice how the majority of cities on this list have the highest population of people throughout China. Every city has beautiful women, but naturally the largest cities will have the most simply because there are more girls trying to be pretty! I bet if they did a survey to find out which cities had the most average or ugly looking girls, and these cities would be right at the top as well.
comment|14250|0
My gf is from Harbin and she is simply to die for, and this isnt just my opinion, almost everyone i meet, chinese or otherwise comments on her beauty. furthermore, if im talking about her to anyone chinese, so many of them say &oh shes from Harbin?! she must be beautiful& Harbin or Heilongjiang needs to be on this list!
comment|14263|0
Without a doubt Harbin should of made the list. That city is chalked full of beautiful women.
comment|14334|0
go fuck youself! xianning is a big bitch from Haerbin. everybody knows that. Durham says that! Dont lie! you fucking insult me without any reason and hack me , harass me! go fuck yourself. understand! Chen Lina is also bitch. already fucked by Huangjun, and Josh does not know. He is a good man , very open and tolerant.
Haerbin women are dirty poor! bitch .
Xianning is communism bitch. She is commuinst party number.
comment|14832|0
yeah harbin should be there on the top, heilongjiang in particular, beijing should be out
comment|14253|0
I must agree that Chinese Ladies are the most natural Beauties in the World , I'm married to a Shanghainese lady after having more than 100 different different girlfriends around the world during my youth .I'm still fascinated by their Beauty and will never change my opinion about them even though their need to upgrade on their etiquette to show the world Why they are the most Beautiful and Desirable women in the World.
comment|15696|0
Beauty is not by application of cosmetics,or wearing sexy dresses,go to west side africa,plenty of natural beauties,i mean no harm ...
comment|14256|0
xiamen is a top pf the list in girls beauty
all that is fake
comment|14257|0
I agree 8 starts for the article, every girl just a beautiful that
we use our view to choice.
This aticle is fairly ridiculous. China is packed with beautiful girls. It make s no difference what city you live in, each city has it's good lookers.
And how do you define beauty? If a Chinese girl has a flat arse, no curves, no tits, and skinny legs, then she is not attractive IMO..
I am surprisised why Chinese men and many foreigners in China like stick figure women.
Can't understand it!
comment|14274|0
Its not to say that foreigners (and Chinese men) like stick figure women, but rather they don't like the extra baggage that usually comes with those &curves&. I'd say a good 90-95% of women in China who fit your definition of attractiveness are overweight. The rest are models, already have boyfriends/married, and are likely out of your league. Everyone on the planet knows the key feature of Chinese girls, and Asians in general, are facial features. Personally, I would take a good looking/cute face and skinny figure over an average face and plump, overweight figure any day.
Well, Wizard, obviously your standards are very low.
The best looking women in China are the full figured ones, and they are easier to meet
because Chinese men think they are fat. I worked in the fashion and model industry for many years, I if you think skinny models are attractive then you have a problem.
I feel lucky that recently I am starting to meet the curvy, busty, healthy looking Chinese girls. You can keep your stick figure girls. They are way OUT of MY league!
comment|14313|0
I am a Chinese girl, my personla idea is that Dong Jie is the most beautiful. And I like her.
comment|14319|0
chengdu and chongqing should be
tied for #1...the girls got more tits and ass here.
▲This post has been complained by .
to read the details of complaint and to reply to one or all complainants about the handling results.
You are reading an article in
Browse other categories
MORE CATEGORIES
Do you know more about this topic?
Share your experience with other readers and earn points and rewards.
Most Read in eChinacities
Living in China
Find more things to do in
Select City
Featured CommentsAdd Listing
Username:&
Password:&
Remember me
Not a member yet?
You will be able to:
o&Post Blog articles
o&Ask questions in our Answers section
o&Comment on our news and articles
o&Upload your resume and apply for jobs
o&Post your Classifieds ads
*Your E-mail:
(Please enter a valid email address to ensure you receive the activation email)
*Username:
(3 - 16 characters, punctuation is not allowed except for periods, hyphens, and underscores.)
*Password:
(5 to 20 characters)
*Please re-enter password:
*Please select your nationality:
Please SelectAlgeriaArgentinaAustraliaAustriaBelgiumBrazilCambodiaCanadaChileChinaCubaCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkEgyptEstoniaFinlandFranceGermanyGreeceHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandItalyJapanLuxembourgMalaysiaNetherlandsNew ZealandNigeriaNorth KoreaNorwayPakistanPakistanPhilippinesPolandPortugalRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSouth KoreaSpainSwedenSwitzerlandThailandTurkeyUkraineUnited KingdomUnited StatesVietnamOther
*Current Location:
Please Select
Afghanistan
Antarctica
Azerbaijan
Bangladesh
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Guadeloupe
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Madagascar
Mauritania
Montenegro
Netherlands
New Zealand
North Korea
Palestinian Territory
Philippines
Puerto Rico
San Marino
Saudi Arabia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Slovak Republic
South Africa
South Korea
Switzerland
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
United Kingdom
United States
Uzbekistan
*Job Sought:
Please Select Job Category
English teaching/Other teaching
Marketing/Advertising/PR
Media/Writing/Editing
Sales/Biz development
IT/Software/Internet
Finance/Accounting/Banking
Hotels/Tourism
Office Mgnt./HR
Acting/Model/Voice
*Security Code:
Please Select
Fuzhou(Jiangxi)
Jingdezhen
Lianyungang
Liupanshui
Mudanjiang
Pingdingshan
Qinhuangdao
Shijiazhuang
Zhangjiajie
other cities
I agree with eChinacities'
I would like to subscribe to eChinacities' weekly .
Have an account?
5 Worst Chinese Cities for Foreigners to Live in
Jun 21, 2012
Bo Brennan
More sharing
Editor's Choice:
Lanzhou. Photo:
Oftentimes, as foreigners living in one of China's larger, more metropolitan cities, it's easy to become spoiled by all of the little conveniences. In Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and their metropolitan ilk, we're spoiled by our Carl's Jr. hamburgers, our waiters who speak English, and our sweet, sweet watering holes where it's not unheard of to pay 50+ RMB for a gin and tonic.
Yet, for foreigners living in other cities in China, the picture isn't always quite as rosy. Granted, if you're looking for out-of-the-way and the nebulous &real& China experience, you probably won't even notice the absence of 24 hour sandwich delivery services at your disposal. But even then, the desolately bleak and faceless characteristics of many of these urban centres will be enough to drive any self-respecting laowai away. Here are five of the cities in China you'd only want to live in. &&
1) Lanzhou
China has many beautiful places. Lanzhou, an industrial city in Gansu Province, isn't one of them. Here, the pollution mixes with the naturally dusty features of the landscape, settling over the city in a warm, miasmic embrace of swirling toxic chemicals. The drab, uninviting landscape around the city matches nicely the light mud-brown colour of the Yellow River.
A good majority of roads in certain areas are in a state of constant disrepair or simply haven't been paved at all. Wandering around the city I had never gulped down so much pollution and dust in my entire life. By the time I reached my hotel after a day of sightseeing, I was panting and short of breath. If, for whatever tragic reason, you have your heart set on Lanzhou as your next home city, pack an extra pair of lungs.
2) Wulumuqi/Urumqi
The capital of China's far flung Xinjiang Province, Wulumuqi is peculiarly out of place in a sea of interesting and culturally unique cities in China's autonomous Uyghur region. Granted, it's the only place in Xinjiang were you are going to find a Carrefour, but if you're travelling so far out into Western China, you don't want to see a city simply transplanted from the east coast.
If you want to experience the real Uyghur culture, head to Kashgar or Turpan and see a wildly different side of Chinese life. Also, it should be noted, that when I went to Wulumuqi in April of 2011, the police presence in the city was palpable. It was not uncommon to see several armed soldiers patrolling the streets keeping the king's peace. Nothing serious happened mind you, but the ever-present sense of potential violence was quite unnerving.&
While Lhasa does have some amazing cultural heritage sites like the & that's about all it has going for it. Unlike the surrounding countryside, the city is not overtly beautiful or memorable outside of the big attractions. The city suffers from the same problem as Wulumuqi for being transformed into a city from the east coast of China.
Also, like Wulumuqi, Lhasa suffers from various political tensions that can make life significantly more difficult for foreigners. In addition to your normal passport, you will need special permits just to travel there, making living there a nigh-Herculean task. The extra headaches (or is it the altitude sickness?) on top of the already painful process of acquiring visas in China make Lhasa simply not worth the effort.
It is well-known that Daqing and the rest of Heilongjiang Province have some of the most soul-crushing winters in all of China. Depending on how far away your home country is away from the equator, this may or may not be an issue. Daqing regularly faces upwards of -30 degrees Celsius during the coldest months in winter. During the summer months, Daqing becomes slightly more tolerable, which is a little like saying a hangover is more tolerable than the preceding night of vomiting.
Unlike its more famous cousin, Harbin, Daqing doesn't offer the same amenities that foreigners can expect to find in China's first and second tier cities. Also, Harbin has more famous attractions and holidays, most notably the Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival. Daqing does have its own ice festivities, but if you're going to suffer through sub-zero temperatures, you may as well do it seeing the biggest and best the region has to offer.
When I stepped outside of the Fuzhou train station last year, I felt an overwhelming sense of apathy. In China, I had seen cities like Fuzhou a hundred times. It's not that Fuzhou is a bad city per se. In fact, it's just your typical middle-of-the-road second tier city. But if you're going to move halfway across the world to live in China, you'll want to do a little bit better than &meh, it's okay&.
In addition, because Fuzhou decided to specialise in inconvenience, the city is both not quite big enough for a well-developed public transportation system and simultaneously not quite small enough to get everywhere on a bicycle. With no metro system, you'll have to depend on the overcrowded buses or taxis to ferry you to and from various points in the city.
Finally, Fuzhou suffers from what you might call &location issues.& The problem with Fuzhou lies in the fact that it is upstaged by its popular and more relaxing coastal cousin, Xiamen. The two cities may be only a couple hours apart physically, but they're leagues apart in terms of lifestyle. So, if you're planning to move all the way to Fujian Province, skip right past boring Fuzhou and head to the beautiful beaches of Xiamen instead.
Related links
Warning: The use of any news and articles published
without written permission
constitutes copyright infringement, and
legal action can be taken.
worst cities in China
bad places to live in china
Chinese cities to avoid
where not to live in China
Share this Article:&&
Whether you've just arrived in China or are considered an old timer, chances are you still run into certain foods that make you do a double take. Here are some delicacies that will most likely give you pause and a few tips on how to approach them & if you dare! 1) Thousand Year Old Eggs ...
Everyone knows that China’s pollution poses a health threat. Here, we look at some of the more common ones that give cause for concern and some of the lesser-known risks you should consider paying attention to.
China has a total of 47 UNESCO World heritage sites but hectic schedules and other obligations means that often we don’t get to see past the side of China lined by concrete and steel bars. Here are five you absolutely must visit.
China is a miscellaneous patchwork of Special Administrative Regions (Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan), Autonomous Regions (Tibet, Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia, Ningxia, Guangxi) and 25 other ...
One of the advantages of living in China is the ability to use the country as a springboard for travelling around the rest of Asia on a budget. We take a look at some price comparison websites, what they offer and how they compare.
These are not easy articles to publish and likely to be unpopular with anyone proud of their hometown mentioned. But thanks and I think its important and helpful.
For some odd reason this reminded me of a scene from an 'X-Men' movies where the optimistic young lady, using only a paper map, dreamed of visiting Canada's 'Uranium City'. Her imagination envisioned some magical place high-technology or some wonderous land. Years later, she arrives to find herself in a frozen town full of drunks and a 'city' made mainly of one local bar.
In reality, the movie exaggerated the awesomeness of Uranium City. Its less than that. Less than 100 native people and zero business. May not be a paved road.
Okay, well the idea being that foreigners might want to know what they are getting into and this article is a 'fair warning'. As mentioned, this doesn't even mean its a 'bad city' either. It's just that some are better or worse for foreigners. I haven't been to many cities in China so I can't add much. To be honest, Changchun is not a bad place and I found the people to be quite friendly and honest and hard working. But it also seemed to me dull. No magical landscapes. No remarkable ancient ruins or walls or palaces (well, nothing I saw in any promoted lists). It's a vast expanse with zero aim towards tourists or foreigners in its seemingly complicated public transport. Some days it was absolutely hours upon hours of buses, taxis and long long walks to get back and forth.
And it was relatively cool even in August. I'm told winter is long and cold.
BTW: I remember a would-be immigrant to Canada asking (enthusiastically) if I knew about Hamilton, Ontario. They were (for some reason) excited about a job prospect and the thought of moving there.
Well, I suppose if you were born and raised in Hamilton then yes that would be your beloved hometown. But why anyone would WANT to move to Hamilton I have no idea. Its not a bad city. But IF you could work in Canada I could think of just about 20 other cities you'd RATHER be in than Hamilton.
Also, how many Chinese might immigrate to 'Vancouver' but find themselves in the nearby city of 'Surrey'. Which has been described as a cultural wasteland, crime-infested, a lot of frustrated drivers, few attractions and quite frankly not much for visual appeal.
Another Chinese couple was beyond excited to move to Winnipeg (nice people, nothing wrong) until realizing it was, quite possibly, Canada's most boring AND coldest city.
comment|28825|0
A rather misleading title.
By &5 Worst Cities for Foreigners to Live in& you mean &5 cities I travelled to breifly and didn't enjoy&.
I wouldn't assume to write about the 5 best or worst anything in China, because my experience is not extensive. Neither is yours, so maybe choose a less grandiose title next time. For example: &the 5 most poorly researched articles on eChinacities&.
comment|28826|0
I was just thinking the same thing.
A week vacation in any town is not enough to really judge what it's like to live there.
I mean, every city has a &good& season and a &bad& season.
The local farmers could have been burning their crops that week which caused all the air pollution or perhaps the poor weather in other parts was short-lived.
There could have been a convention in town that made the bus system over-saturated and seem worse than it normally is.
I thought reading this article, there would have been a more scientific approach.
You know, a set of criteria that all the cities are rated on.
Just so we can compare apples with apples.
When professional news groups and others rate the &Top-Ten& best cities in the world, they usually have set criteria that they equally measure all cities on, such as environment/cleanliness, schools, economy, amenities, attractions, weather.
It's not enough to just simply report the record low temperature of a city and expect that this is the norm.
Even stating the average can be deceiving, (example:
a city with 4 to 32 degrees celsius has the same arithmetic average temperature as a city with 14 to 22 degrees celsius, but I would much rather live in the later because the temperatures are less extreme.)
Are the editors of this website hurting for new and viable articles?
comment|28828|0
Another example, Ft. Collins, Colorado, USA was rated as one of the best cities to live in the entire world.
They measured weather, economy, quality education, cleanliness, beauty, etc.
On one side of Ft. Collins you also have Boulder Colorado, which was voted the &Most Educated& city in the United States, having more Ph. D's than any other city.
On the other side of Ft. Collins you have Greeley, which once every year the whole town smells like cattle manure because of all the ranches in the surrounding countryside.
The smell does travel to Ft. Collins.
So if you happen to travel to Ft. Collins during that particular time of year, I could see a person feeling like they wouldn't want to live there.
But in fact, it has been rated as one of the best cities to live in.
comment|28829|0
Is this article suggesting living in the bigger cities because there are better western hamburgers? If that is the case why don't you go back home, plenty of English speaking waitresses too. More pointless drivel from ECC
comment|28832|0
In the Urumqi section, the author said: &the police presence in the city was palatable& You mean &palpable&, not &palatable&.
comment|28844|0
Unless he ate them. With some fava beans and a nice chianti.
hangzhou sucks. So far the shittiest place i have been living
comment|28845|0
I have been living in Fuzhou for the past nine years and I have to say the writers comments on the city are quite far off base. Fuzhou is an excellent place to live offering many of the conveniences that larger cities have, with many of the charms of smaller, less developed regions. True, it is far less developed than X however, it is also much less Western. Who wants to travel around the world simply to be in another Western city? Many of us have ventured to China in order to experience the culture here. While Fuzhou sites may not be as famous as those of Beijing or Xi'an, there are amazing places to see here.
The public transportation system can be quite good, though I will admit that buses can be quite crowded during rush hour, but you will find this in any city in Asia.Fuzhou currently has a metro system under construction which should help the city as it grows in the future.
Fuzhou was recently cited as having the 5th best air quality of all capital cities in China, a factor that can make life here more pleasant than in many places.
It is too bad that the author has chosen such strong language to use in this article. I very much doubt that they spent much time in Fuzhou, or the other cities listed. I hope that in the future they will spend a little more time researching their stories.
comment|28848|0
anywhere up north in China is bloody freezing in winter so why anyone would want to live there is not easy to comprehend, sure the houses have central heating which seems to be the argue for it. Personally I am not too keen on getting frostbite if i want to pop out to Family Mart on an evening in December in Hohot. Nice name for a city that though -
I wonder if the girls do the name justice?
Writer forgot to mention Shanghai, which after a couple of years living in the city it is soon apparent that as a foreigner all there is to do there is watch dvd's, bang the shanghai women - even that gets boring eventually - and go to naff bars that are full of other expat tossers. Went to a job fair here once - completely inundated with expat tossers in suits.
comment|28860|0
I lived in Shanghai for 4 years and grew to hate part of it. In reality I think I became oversensitised to certain aspects of city life.
I have lived in other Chinese cities since then and really appreciate Shaghai when I return on visits. You don't appreciate what you have until it is gone.
Y'know, at this point I would LOVE to visit Shanghai!! I just spent a really cold winter in Daqing. I've already spent some really cold winters overseas. But OMG, I'm sooooooo ready to leave. I used to live down south and liked it soooooo much better. Here in Daqing, it's hicksville. Family Mart? You've gotta be kidding. I wish!! The Chinese here are ARROGANT,OBNOXIOUS,TYPICALLY ANNOYING/CHILDISH IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!! Just like in So. Korea!! :( I do not like the local store MORONS here and won't go to them!!! :( I might as well be from planet Mars. WANKERS!!!!!!!!!!!! Not all the Chinese here, but you get my meaning. Cultural wasteland..yes!..that's Daqing!!!!!!!! Oil rich city...WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!! Doesn't impress me at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
The title should be &Five cities in China That I Did Not Like& Completely lame article.
Completely agree about Urumqi. Lived there for seven months and absolutely hated the place. The Han there are unbelievably racist toward the Uyghur population and very ignorant of the culture/language of these (very friendly) people. So many times I was told: 'You can't trust the Uyghurs, they steal and are violent'. Absolute nonsense. Rather, I was lied to, taken advantage of and generally treated like a thrird rate human being by the Chinese there, whereas, the Uyghurs I met were without failing hospitable and welcoming to foreigners.
Free East Turkestan!
I lived in Fuzhou my first year in China and found it quite lovely.
It had a big enough foreigner base that I know who the above &Cody Klassen& is, but I hardly saw him/hung out with him (only because my social circle wasn't in the same places as his).
Fuzhou is developing at a more rapid pace than other 2nd tier cities because of Taiwanese investments, and the the change it's already gone through (comparing what I was told it was like before I arrived, what it was like when I was there, and what it was like when I visited again) is astounding.
Try again.
comment|28979|0
I'm not sure how WuHan wasn't on that list... even the Chinese review websites say it's a crap-hole.
I'm so, so, sooooo very happy to be away from there.
comment|28997|0
Thanks, Justin, I'm just getting on a plane to go from beautiful, clear New Mexico to crappy Wuchang.
Thanks for reminding me what I have to look forward to.
Gawd that place sucks....
comment|29020|0
I have lived and worked all over the world. I don't really give a rats behind where you are or what you are doing with your life but I will say this. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I have never seen so many complainers as what I have found here on this site. I have been to and visited, lived in, for anywhere from a week to 3 months and if I didn't care for a place, I grabbed my hat and coat and left. I would suggest you all do the same. Meanwhile, keep your cake holes shut, and let the newcomers make up there own minds. It is never so bad if you put a smile on your face and in your heart.
comment|29026|0
Personally, I love Fuzhou. This is the end of my second year in Fuzhou and my tenth year in China.
Fuzhou is relatively inexpensive.
The school I teach at has modern facilities and a genuinely beautiful campus.
I live on the University Island and the views from my apartment on our campus are stunning.
The XiShan mountains are always beautiful to my North and West.
The City- also beautifu, l is to my East and the Campus to my south.
Modern facilites are located in the city along with plenty of foreign places to shop and eat food.
Recently I had to have surgery and I was treated at the Air Force hospital in Fuzhou.
They were also wonderful.
Our school treats us well and our students are hard-working, kind, and considerate.
I think the public transportation is quite good but let's face it - teachers are paid a good enough salary that we can afford taxis or private drivers and I also enjoy riding my e-bike here.
I love this city.
Please do not let this article keep you from coming here.
As to the writer of this article - what you give is what you get.
I am sure their general apathy shows else where!
comment|29114|0
it's better you change the title, actually worst or not it's depend on someone perception and you can't say only from your perception unless you've already do research for it. And I believe people like you who do and work as : &Founder and Head Instructor at Language Acquisition Tutoring Services & know which words are great
especially to put on this ECC website... cheers,
My own least favorite city is Rizhao. From its towering, obese, and hairy inhabitants (both men and women), to its sidewalks littered with human feces, to its idiosyncratic dialect, it's a very unenjoyable place to live and work. Perhaps its worst feature is realized only when one looks at its history: where there is now a polluted city of scum and possibly genetically modified inhabitants, there was but ten years ago a lovely and quiet seaside city that could brag about having some of the most breathable air in mainland China.
Let me share with you one of my most vivid memories of this place: perhaps one or two months ago while riding an escalator in an up-scale mall, I was shocked to see a grandmother direct her approximately five year-old grandson to urinate ON the escalator as they rode it. The sight of a child pissing on some modernized architecture succinctly describes the nature of Rizhao, Shandong.
▲This post has been complained by .
to read the details of complaint and to reply to one or all complainants about the handling results.
You are reading an article in
Browse other categories
MORE CATEGORIES
Do you know more about this topic?
Share your experience with other readers and earn points and rewards.
Most Read in eChinacities
Living in China
Find more things to do in
Select City
Featured Comments

我要回帖

更多关于 echinacities jobs 的文章

随机推荐